• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

wii points

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

alex

does anyone else think that there should be an alternative way to obtain wii points? like convert coins from games like super mario galaxy or super smash bros. brawl.

T

Tyler Durden

I think that all of the Achievements, Point, and Trophies that the consoles/games are offering are like having the high score at the arcade, without people actually caring.

S

Shadow Soldier

In Europe and Japan, there is something like that. You buy games, and you add it to your "I own list" or whatever on Nintendo. You get stars I think it is. You spend those stars, and you can get Wii Point cards, and other cool paraphernalia.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
In Europe and Japan, there is something like that. You buy games, and you add it to your "I own list" or whatever on Nintendo. You get stars I think it is. You spend those stars, and you can get Wii Point cards, and other cool paraphernalia.

Though one would expect there to be a trade off for something like that. Maybe games costing a little more than usual to pay for all the crud. And when you think about it, such a method to amass points would be like putting a siv in your bank account. Before you know it, You'll have no money and a lot of games that you don't want or need, and it'd turn out that it would have been cheaper to just get a point card anyway. There really is no "Cheaper way" of getting points if that is what TC is asking about.

S

Shadow Soldier

Not really, because if you want a game, say like Mario Galaxy, and you get a bonus virtual console game, then it's a win win for the customer.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
Well how many points do you get per game? Along the line of thinking I was going through, I was thinking that you only get a marginal amount of points per game. For example, a prize item costs 2000 star points, and a game gets you 500 points, so to get the prize, you would need to get four games costing around roughly 45 dollers.

Anyways Alex, I doubt that Nintendo will ever make an easier or cheaper way to get points. Those virtual counsols cost money to make, and Nintendo's goal is to make a profit, not a loss. If you really want points without having to pay for it, put a points card on a christmas wish list and be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back