• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why Xion may have nothing to do with Sora's Memories.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Audo

That's right. I went there! :O
Okay. After the trailer impressions came out for 358/2 Days, a lot of people are assuming that DBABHGTIITOBMOMNBAN may have something to do with Sora's memories. Some are even going as far was saying that she may have even be created from Sora's memories. Now, that's a pretty big jump from a few lines of dialog, so lets give that scene another look, and discuss another possibility, shall we?

In front of Sora's pod in room inside the Twilight Town mansion
Namine: "Regardless of how I assemble the memories, they begin to flow out... If another memory is connected, it can't return to it's original source.
Diz: "If he is lacking a few memories, will he have a problem waking?
Namine: "In his case, it is an important key if he's going to wake up."
Diz: "Namine, what do you foresee?"
Namine: "If its connected to another memory, surely she can't endure it."
Diz: "She...?"
Now, this scene has caused a lot of assumption. So let's break it down.

Naminé: Regardless of how I assemble the memories, they begin to flow out... If another memory is connected, it can't return to it's original source.
Ah, alright. So some people have assumed a few things:
-DBABHGTIITOBMOMNBAN is the product of Sora's memories "flowing" out.
-DBABHGTIITOBMOMNBAN is the other memory connected.

But let's look at that in a different way. In KH2, we learn that Naminé had to make everyone connected to Sora, forget about him. What we don't know, is when she started doing this. So let's look at this line again:
If another memory is connected, it can't return to it's original source.
Another memory is connected. I took this to mean that since there are people who remember Sora, them remember things about him, and certain memories make their memories connected to his. Since their memories are connected to him, it is stopping Nami from being able to assemble the memories correctly. With someone else remembering the memories, it stops Sora's memories from returning to their original source and place. Make sense?
In short:
-Other people remembering Sora and certain memories they share stop Nami from being able to reassemble Sora's memories in the right order. Other people using the same memories are stopping Sora's memories from returning to their original source (Sora). So, so far nothing that has to be about DBABHGTIITOBMOMNBAN. Let's move on.

DiZ: "If he is lacking a few memories, will he have a problem waking?
Naminé: "In his case, it is an important key if he's going to wake up."
These lines are pretty simple. DiZ is asking if it is possible for Sora to wake up, even if he is missing a few memories since Nami isn't able to connect them correctly. Basically, DiZ is being impatient. Nami is saying he needs them, most likely because Nami feels guilty for what she did to Sora and won't let him.

DiZ: "Namine, what do you foresee?"
Naminé: "If its connected to another memory, surely she can't endure it."
DiZ: "She...?"
Ah, now the quote that makes everyone assume that she is talking about DBABHGTIITOBMOMNBAN. Let's look at the most important line a bit more closely.

Naminé: If it's connected to another memory, surely she can't endure it
Ah. The line. Now, reading it through the first time, I'm sure a lot of people got over-hyped and thought she just had to have been talking about DBABHGTIITOBMOMNBAN. Well... not exactly.
It was a trailer full of DBABHGTIITOBMOMNBAN-love, so i'm sure many people would assume that this scene had to do with her as well, but let's look at a few points:
-This is a game about Roxas, and in turn Sora.
-Nomura has stated very bluntly that this game isn't for DBABHGTIITOBMOMNBAN, he wants to maintain that it is about Roxas' story, not DBABHGTIITOBMOMNBAN.

So, let's look at that line from a different perspective. Given what I said earlier, about the possibility that what she meant was that since other people were remembering the memories, and how that wouldn't let the memories be connected to Sora. When Nami says:
If it's connected to another memory
She is talking about someone who is interfering with Sora's memory-rehab, someone who is remembering the memories, and thus, interfering with his sleep. Now, this line:
Surely she can't endure it.
Ah, so we have discovered that one of the people stopping Sora's memory-rehab is a girl. Someone who remembers Sora well, and shares memories with him, one way or another. Now, let's look at the possibilities as to who this could be, other than DBABHGTIITOBMOMNBAN, shall we?
-Kairi
-Olette
-Larxene
-Random FF characters.

Well, Olette didn't know Sora until KH2, so she is out. Larxene couldn't have shared any memories with him by heart, for she has none, and is dead during Sora's sleep. Random FF characters aren't important, which leaves, ah yes - Kairi.
Nami has always believed that Kairi is the most important person to Sora (though that is debatable.) Nami believes that if Sora can remember Kairi, the other memories would be able to fall in place. But now Nami has realized that Kairi remembering Sora is stopping Sora's memories from being fixed. She probably believes that Kairi is thinking of Sora everyday (which is evident in the Re:CoM credits cut-scene which shows a depressed Kairi staring out at the see, not playing with Selphie/Tidus/Wakka. Yes, it is evident Kairi is thinking of Sora. She probably clings to those memories of him, and they are the only thing that keep her going. Surely, if Nami had to disconnect those memories of Sora, it would be hard for her to endure it, wouldn't it?

Yes, I believe Nami was talking about Kairi there, and not DBABHGTIITOBMOMNBAN. And there is more things currently pointing it to being Kairi than DBABHGTIITOBMOMNBAN, but what do you think? Still think she is talking about DBABHGTIITOBMOMNBAN? Think she is most likely talking about Kairi? Discuss.

Last edited:

Rix

:)
Awards
Ok ok. I see what you are getting at, but still.. Yes, we don't have any proves that Namine is NOT talking about Xion (Sorry, I forgot the name you made up, which you didn't use either BTW), but we don't have any prove that she is actually talking about Xion either.

I find it most likely to be about Xion though. I know that this is not Xions game, but she will still be an important character in the game.

Kairi could be a possibility though.. But who knows?

I do still find it more likely to be about Xion.

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
Um, that entire post is made of win and truth. Everything there makes more sense than the random Xion idea you talk about. Kairi being the one Namine is talking about is also a much more interesting plot device than it being random new girl.

Captain Garlock

Did I ever tell you I love red?
Well the main thing from that whole conversation that stood out to me was "surely she cant endure it"
Ive had in mind its kairi too but then i thought.
If Sora had her heart in kh1 then surely thered be some strong bond between them. Also the fact she gave sora his heart back so this theory may be right.
Maybe kairi is dependent on her memories of sora which would explain the scences in the cgi where you see her aging on the beach seeming waiting for his return

Dual

In the World, looking for something worth finding
So, everyone forgetting about Sora done on porpouse so that Namine could reconstruct his memories?
I could be that she reassembled them inside Kairi, which would explain how Sora's memory progression took such a jump when Roxas "met" Kairi

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I said she was talking about Kairi from the start. Call it instinct but it struck me as more logical, seeing how to Namine Kairi is
1) Most important person to Sora (lol, poor Nobody not understanding a Heart)
2) An important key to Sora's Memories, especially since Namine messed with Sora's Memories of Kairi the most instead of simply making them 'go away'.

Then you forgot to address the part of Riku warning Xion from interfering with Sora's sleep, but seeing how she apparently goes after Roxas, it would make sense he would perceive her as a threat.
Either that, or he's just being paranoid as would be logical of him.
Then there's the KK but if it really is fake, all the less connection between Xion and here, especially if she was being used/tricked by Xemnas.

I loved this. It was a good read :3

Kairi being the one Namine is talking about is also a much more interesting plot device than it being random new girl.

I doubt it's a random new girl especially since if she's not connected to Sora she probably is related more to Aqua, thus making her not all that new in the matter and hardly random.

Maybe kairi is dependent on her memories of sora

Seeing how he's the only person she cares for, I'd say that's a definitive fact, not a maybe.

I could be that she reassembled them inside Kairi, which would explain how Sora's memory progression took such a jump when Roxas "met" Kairi

I don't think it was reconstructed in Kairi, there wouldn't be much of a point especially if Sora's Memories linking to other people is bad for the purpose.
Kairi however would serve as a link to a lot of Memories Sora shared with her and everyone else on the Islands (notice how at the time Selphie's with her too, making for a connection with two people...?), which would effectively make up of most of Sora's life. That would leave "only" the few months that made up KH1 which we actually get to see in his static'ed flashbacks, but compared with 14 whole years of being on the Islands connecting with Kairi helped him recover, those would be nothing.

Last edited:
A

Audo

Ok ok. I see what you are getting at, but still.. Yes, we don't have any proves that Namine is NOT talking about Xion (Sorry, I forgot the name you made up, which you didn't use either BTW), but we don't have any prove that she is actually talking about Xion either.

I find it most likely to be about Xion though. I know that this is not Xions game, but she will still be an important character in the game.

Kairi could be a possibility though.. But who knows?

I do still find it more likely to be about Xion.
I was going to use it, i had the entire post made with the long anagram, but i decided to switch back to Xion just for the sake of not confusing people.
I think there is a lot more pointing to her talking about Kairi than Xion.
Honestly, there is next to nothing pointing to it being Xion she is talking about really.
Nami has stressed how important Kairi is supposed to be in terms of Sora's memories, so why would Xion suddenly upstage her in importance? It makes no sense, therefore, it only makes sense if she is talking about Kairi.

Um, that entire post is made of win and truth. Everything there makes more sense than the random Xion idea you talk about. Kairi being the one Namine is talking about is also a much more interesting plot device than it being random new girl.
lol thaanks.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Once again, you have hit the nail dead on the head, R-K. Good Job.

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
I was going to use it, i had the entire post made with the long anagram, but i decided to switch back to Xion just for the sake of not confusing people.
I think there is a lot more pointing to her talking about Kairi than Xion.
Honestly, there is next to nothing pointing to it being Xion she is talking about really.
Nami has stressed how important Kairi is supposed to be in terms of Sora's memories, so why would Xion suddenly upstage her in importance? It makes no sense, therefore, it only makes sense if she is talking about Kairi.

Also, to add to this, where does it ever say that Xion has any importance to Sora at all? Just because she has a fake Kingdom Key doesn't mean she even knows who Sora is. Actually, if she DID know who Sora is, she'd KNOW that the Keyblade she wields is a fake, since Sora wields the real one. Where would there be any memories of Xion in Sora whatsoever, anyway? Without there being memories of her, how could his memories be connected to hers?

Rix

:)
Awards
Ok, when I think about it.. We know more about Kairi than Xion. Actually, we do know NOTHING about Xion so yes it IS easier to connect kairi up with what Namine said than Xion. Kairi could finally have some more importance in the series that way. But there is still something that tells me that it's most likely Xion. But you are right that there is nothing that does really support that theory yet, but that is just because we don't know anything about Xion..

Argh! No matter how I put this, everything you said makes more sense anyways xD

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
This makes alot of sense, but theres still one thing: What cant Kairi endure? I just thought about the entry in Jiminy's journal from Coded. "You must return to heal the wounds". this is very far fetched, but i think Namine wrote that in there about Kairi, becuase the memories didnt work out just right.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
This makes alot of sense, but theres still one thing: What cant Kairi endure? I just thought about the entry in Jiminy's journal from Coded. "You must return to heal the wounds". this is very far fetched, but i think Namine wrote that in there about Kairi, becuase the memories didnt work out just right.

Seeing how Coded = after KH2 and Days = before KH2 I doubt that has to do with the journal. Also, where does the Coded Bug come in here?
Kairi can't endure either -
1) Sora being gone. The Memories are still connected, Kairi still remembers Sora - she knows he's gone and she can't stand it. Another motivation for Namine to take the links apart - to not only save Sora but spare the people who remember him, and know he's missing.
2) The Memories being messed up (due to Namine's interference in CoM, probably, or due to the reconstruction process), and Kairi suffers from the messing up, much like Sora did in CoM itself.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
I just thought about the entry in Jiminy's journal from Coded. "You must return to heal the wounds". this is very far fetched, but i think Namine wrote that in there about Kairi, becuase the memories didnt work out just right.

I think it was "Their pain has been lessened.", but that's not very important at the moment.
I think you could be onto something about the journal entry, but I don't think it's referring to Kairi alone, but rather all those who had ties to Sora.

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
I doubt it's a random new girl especially since if she's not connected to Sora she probably is related more to Aqua, thus making her not all that new in the matter and hardly random.

I know she's not really a completely random and/or new character, I was just comparing her to Kairi. Xion is a much newer character than Kairi is and is much more random to the story than Kairi as well, due to her being introduced to the cast of the Organization after they've already fallen whereas Kairi was introduced in the opening scene of Kingdom Hearts and has been a central character since. I'd put munny on the fact that Kairi is much much more important to the overall storyline of the games than Xion will be. Not saying she won't be important, because she clearly will be, but I just think Kairi will be more important.

Person#4033

nice. i love the theory and i was thinking it was Kairi before anyway, but you gave good arguements to support what i felt. To be perfectly honest with everyone, i'm skeptical about any relation between Xion and Kairi/Namine or Aqua

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Xion is a much newer character than Kairi is and is much more random to the story than Kairi as well, due to her being introduced to the cast of the Organization after they've already fallen

They haven't fallen yet. And you only think she's random because you already know about Kairi but don't know yet about Xion. I'm pretty sure once things clear up about her she won't be any more random than Kairi is.

whereas Kairi was introduced in the opening scene of Kingdom Hearts and has been a central character since.

Personally, I'd like Xion to not be central like Kairi XD because Kairi is a pathetic main character.

I'd put munny on the fact that Kairi is much much more important to the overall storyline of the games than Xion will be.

That would be sad since Kairi isn't all that important.

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
They haven't fallen yet. And you only think she's random because you already know about Kairi but don't know yet about Xion. I'm pretty sure once things clear up about her she won't be any more random than Kairi is.

At the end of Kingdom Hearts 2, the Organization is completely gone. Every single one of the thirteen (fourteen :O) Members are completely gone. Member number XIV wasn't even important enough to be mentioned in the game at all. I was talking about how she was introduced real-time after the Organization has fallen, not KH-time.

Personally, I'd like Xion to not be central like Kairi XD because Kairi is a pathetic main character.

That would be sad since Kairi isn't all that important.

Kairi has a Keyblade. She was the entire reason Sora did 90% of what he did in Kingdom Hearts 1. She is a Princess of Heart, from Radiant Garden no less. She is insanely important to the story of the game, they just haven't gone into the intricate parts of her yet, since it's the most central part of the story.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Well this is quite interesting, alot to take in but yeah... so are you stating that it's possibly Kairi who can't endure? or something and that this hasn't to do with Xion? I mean I read the whole thing. Just wondering. Kind of confused. XD

A

Audo

lol yes. I'm saying Nami is saying that Kairi is the one who can't endure it, and that she wasnt talking about Xion at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back