• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why Xemnas can’t/won’t use a Keyblade [Extremely long theory]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zak1403

There are many reasons why Xemnas can’t/won’t use a Keyblade as well as there being numerous reasons why he could. Each major reason as to can’t/won’t/can/why will be explained and then my personal view last.

Throughout this theory you will see the word debatable in brackets meaning this information may have been hinted at or may exist but not confirmed true.
This theory consist of a lot of evidence in order to back up my theory, please ensure all information is read before making comments on the theory, thank you.

MAJOR SPOILER WARNING

First off the reasons as to why Xemnas can’t use a Keyblade, let’s look at the criteria for being a Keyblade wielder.

1. A strong heart/immense light
2. The rite of succession
3. Reincarnation

There are only three ways known that somebody can become a Keyblade wielder, I will now go through each Keyblade wielder in order to fit them into one of these three categories.

Sora – A strong heart/immense light – Riku’s Keyblade was passed to Sora as he was the closest and strongest heart the Keyblade could find after Riku submitted to darkness.

Riku – A strong heart & the rite of succession – Terra’s chose Riku as his succeeder afters feeling a connection to his strong heart.

Kairi – A strong heart/immense light & the rite of succession – When Kairi touched Aqua’s Keyblade she began the rite of succession as the Keyblade could sense the pure light inside her.

King Mickey – A strong heart/immense light & the rite of succession (debatable) – Mickey’s heart is filled with great light and it is assumed Yen Sid performed the rite of succession on him before training him to become a Keyblade master.

Master Yen Sid – A strong heart/immense light & rite of succession (debatable) – Yen Sid’s Keyblade was obtained because of his strong heart filled with light or was passed on by his former master.

Master Eraqus – A strong heart/immense light & rite of succession (debatable) – Eraqus has a strong heart filled with much light it can be assumed that his former master performed the rite of succession on him before training him to become a Keyblade master.

Master Xehanort – A strong heart/immense light (debatable) – Xehanort has a very strong heart even though it is filled with darkness, It could be assumed he gained his Keyblade before turning to darkness and the Keyblade formed a bond with Xehanort and did not move to another.

Terra – A strong heart/immense light – Terra has a very strong heart, his Keyblade was gained before turning to darkness and so formed a bond with Terra and did not move to another.

Aqua – A strong heart/immense light – Aqua is kind young woman with a very strong heart filled with light, the Keyblade chose her as its wielder.

Ventus - A strong heart/immense light & rite of succession (debatable) – Ventus’s heart is filled with much light and was either chosen by the Keyblade or the rite of succession was performed by Master Xehanort before Ventus began training.

Vanitas – A strong heart & Reincarnation – Vanitas was born from Ventus’s strong heart and has a strong heart of darkness. His Keyblade was either obtained through his heart or passed on through reincarnation by Ventus.

Exceptions –

Roxas – A strong heart (debatable)/immense light & reincarnation – Roxas in the Nobody of Sora created from his body and soul. As it is one of the criteria of being a Keyblade wielder to have a strong heart it can be assumed Roxas is holding a fraction of Ventus’s sleeping heart the grants him the power to use a Keyblade passed on through reincarnation from Sora.

Xion – A strong heart (debatable)/immense light & reincarnation – Xion is a replica of Sora created from his leaked memories. It is unknown if replica’s harbor hearts so it is unknown if her Keyblade is real. Her Keyblade may be a copy created from the same memories Xion was created from and could be a reincarnation of Sora’s Keyblade.

Data Sora – A strong heart (debatable)/immense light & reincarnation – Data Sora was created from the data of Sora within Jiminy’s journal. It is unknown if he has a heart so it is unknown if his Keyblade is real. It could be a data copy from the journal or a reincarnation of Sora’s Keyblade.

Point of evidence -

What all wielders in the series have in common is a strong heart, light or dark. It can then be assumed that because Xemnas is a Nobody and does not have a heart that it is impossible for him to wield a Keyblade.

Now onto the reasons why Xemnas won’t use a Keyblade, this has to do with the way a Nobody is born. For example Ienzo along with the other apprentices stepped through the door of darkness and was engulfed by the evil forces. His body was over run and eventually separated, a Heartless was created but because Ienzo’s heart was so strong he was able to maintain his body and soul and be reborn as a Nobody.

This is what is deemed the ‘Normal’ way a Nobody is born, one Somebody engulfed by darkness harbouring one heart which is lost and forms a Heartless with one body and one soul which is turned into the Nobody.

This is anything but the case for Xemnas, at the time his Somebody, Xehanort; stepped into the door of darkness he was holding three hearts within one body with two souls (debatable).

So at that time this is what Xehanort was made up of –
*Master Xehanort’s heart
*Master Xehanort’s soul (debatable)
*Master Eraqus’s heart
*Terra’s heart
*Terra’s body
*Terra’s soul

NOTE: Master Eraqus’s soul could be within Armour of the Master if the boss is confirmed cannon.

So where did all these parts of Xehanort go?

*Master Xehanort’s heart + soul (debatable) + Terra’s heart (debatable) = Ansem Seeker of Darkness

*Terra’s body + soul + heart (debatable) + Master Xehanort’s soul (debatable) + Master Eraqus’s heart (debatable) = Xemnas

*Eraqus’s heart + Terra’s heart = No Heart/Armour of the Master/Unknown Heartless (debatable)

*Terra’s heart + Master Xehanort’s soul = No Heart/Unknown Heartless (debatable)
*Eraqus’s heart = Armour of the Master/Unknown Heartless (debatable)

Now to analyse the most important combinations –

*Master Xehanort’s heart + soul (debatable) + Terra’s heart (debatable) = Ansem Seeker of Darkness

If this combination were true it would mean Terra’s heart couldn’t be inside Xemnas and would support the - can’t wield theory. If it were in correct then the next combination could exist.

*Terra’s body + soul + heart (debatable) + Master Xehanort’s soul (debatable)
If this combination were true it would mean Xemnas is holding Terra’s heart and Master Xehanort’s soul giving him the power to use a Keyblade.
Now the reason of if he has a Keyblade why won’t he use it, a few reasons come to mind.

1. He could not remember how to because of his complicated birth and the holding of so many hearts.

2. He uses it but we have not seen him do so, but doesn’t use it openly to persuade the Organization members into working hard to obtain the Keyblade hero (Sora).

3. Doesn’t use it as Terra remembers it was the reason he was separated from his friends Ventus and Aqua.

Now to analyse these reasons –

The first is pretty self explanatory, like Roxas he forgot most memories of his past life because of the way he was born.

The second is more complicated. Why if Xemnas could use a Keyblade would he need Sora and the members or Organization XIII? Well the reason he needed the members of Organization XIII can be explained, I believe he wanted them to help him search Castle Oblivion for Ventus. But when they were unsuccessful he retired from searching. As for the surviving members he may have kept them around as ‘back-up plans’ in case his other plan of creating Kingdom Hearts failed. But why did he want Sora and his Keyblade? That at this time I cannot explain but I hope some of you can help the bridge the gap.

And lastly the third point, this could only be true if Xemnas remembered everything that happened to Terra and Xehanort and was influenced more by Terra’s judgement.

Point of evidence -

There are many reasons why Xemnas would chose not to use a Keyblade if he could but more importantly he may not even be able to.

Why he can use the Keyblade is determined by they was he was born if Terra’s heart stayed inside him then it is possible that he would be able to use a Keyblade but who’s?
It couldn’t be Terra’s as his is seen with the Lingering Sentiment and would most likely no longer come to the call of Terra’s heart or would be willing to be wielded by Xemnas.
So that leaves Master Xehanort’s Keyblade which couldn’t be wielded by Xemnas if only Terra’s heart was inside him so maybe Xehanort’s soul could be there. This could be a sought of ‘indication’ to Master Xehanort’s Keyblade that he still lives within this new body and wishes to wield his old Keyblade, this is also only if the Keyblade actually is willing to be wielded by Xemnas.

Point of Evidence –

It may be possible for Xemnas to use Master Xehanort’s Keyblade only if the criteria of having a strong heart is met and having a piece of Xehanort in side Xemnas, i.e. Xehanort’s soul.

All this evidence leads me to believe that Xemnas actually cannot wield a Keyblade because he doesn’t have a heart. I mean if he did what motives would he have to not use it, so this is the only conclusion I can come to. If you believe anything else that could be supported by evidence in the Kingdom Hearts universe please let me know. Your input and comments will be much appreciated.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Pretty much all of this is invalidated by the fact that all you need to wield, as a Nobody, is for your Somebody to wield. Nomura said it at some point. If you'd like I could find the interview; it's in the BbS Ultimania.

Roxas can wield the Keyblade, not because he has a heart, but because he is Sora's Nobody. So by this logic, Xemnas should be able to wield at least one Keyblade, depending on if he has a heart inside him or not. Roxas could dual wield because he is the Nobody of Sora (which gives him Sora's Keyblade) and he holds Ventus' heart (which was awakened and gave him Ven's Keyblade after he fought Xion).

Thinking about it, I'm not sure if Xemnas' first Keyblade would be Terra's or MX's, since strictly speaking Xemnas is the Nobody of either MX's or Terra's heart leaving Terra's body. This might make Xemnas a sort of cross between Roxas and Namine, with Xehanort's heart leaving Terra's body, or he might be a more normal Nobody, with Terra's heart leaving Terra's body. I'm inclined to believe it probably the latter, making it so that Xemnas should actually use Terra's Keyblade, not MX's.

EDIT: Scratch that, No Heart makes a strong case for Xemnas being able to use MX's Keyblade.

Last edited:

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
I was following this train of thought today. I too began thinking that a heart was required to wield a Keyblade.

Here's the exception to the heart rule though:

Terra-Armor.jpg

Damn you LS!!!!

Zak1403

I was following this train of thought today. I too began thinking that a heart was required to wield a Keyblade.

Here's the exception to the heart rule though:

Terra-Armor.jpg

Damn you LS!!!!

I know he is an exception, but then I go to thinking that maybe the soul is another key part to being able to use the Keyblade.
If Nobodies can wield a Keyblade maybe they only use the soul and not the heart. It could explain why Roxas wields and why Xemnas would be able to if he had Master Xehanots soul.

Sora wouldn't need his soul to wield a Keyblade, he would be using his heart as he was just a walking heart from the end of KH1 to the time he joined with Roxas. And Roxas would be using Sora's soul to use his Keyblade and then if he had ven's heart he would use that to dual wield.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
let’s look at the criteria for being a Keyblade wielder.

2. The rite of succession
3. Reincarnation

I don't know what you're talking with Reincarnation. The Wielder, nor the Keyblade, need to be Reincarnated to become a Wielder. And the Wielder doesn't receive a Keyblade until the Keyblade chooses them.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
I know he is an exception, but then I go to thinking that maybe the soul is another key part to being able to use the Keyblade.
If Nobodies can wield a Keyblade maybe they only use the soul and not the heart. It could explain why Roxas wields and why Xemnas would be able to if he had Master Xehanots soul.

Sora wouldn't need his soul to wield a Keyblade, he would be using his heart as he was just a walking heart from the end of KH1 to the time he joined with Roxas. And Roxas would be using Sora's soul to use his Keyblade and then if he had ven's heart he would use that to dual wield.
All Nobodies have souls, so MX's soul doesn't really matter. Xemnas does have Terra's soul, so he shouldn't need a second soul. After all, soul's are just like batteries. And like I said, all Nobodies need to be able to wield is that their Somebody also wielded.

Zak1403

All Nobodies have souls, so MX's soul doesn't really matter. Xemnas does have Terra's soul, so he shouldn't need a second soul. After all, soul's are just like batteries. And like I said, all Nobodies need to be able to wield is that their Somebody also wielded.

But the thing is where would MX's soul go? The No Heart boss in BBS FM seems to show that Xemnas would use MX's Keyblade and not Terra's. Now I know the boss may not be cannon but that is yet to be seen. If MF was MX's Nobody then his soul would be with him, but i don't like that idea so the only place I can think it would go is with Xemnas.

I don't know what you're talking with Reincarnation. The Wielder, nor the Keyblade, need to be Reincarnated to become a Wielder. And the Wielder doesn't receive a Keyblade until the Keyblade chooses them.

I mean like a copy, in the case of Xion and Data Sora. We know both their Keyblades are not real so it would only stand to reason that they are copies and have been 'reincarnated' from the original. I don't think Data Sora or Xion would be chosen by a Keyblade as they are nothing but clones and it is yet to been seen if they have hearts.

Last edited:

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
But the thing is where would MX's soul go? The No Heart boss in BBS FM seems to show that Xemnas would use MX's Keyblade and not Terra's. Now I know the boss may not be cannon but that is yet to be seen. If MF was MX's Nobody then his soul would be with him, but i don't like that idea so the only place I can think it would go is with Xemnas.
MX's soul would go the same place his body went: I assume, another Nobody.

As for No Heart, if he truly is a representation of Xemnas wielding, then we now know for sure that Xemnas was formed from MX's heart leaving Terra's body (since Terra's heart leaving Terra's body would result in a Nobody using Terra's Keyblade Roxas/Sora-style). This also means that Ansem is probably a Heartless of the darkness in MX's heart, which we pretty much already knew. This leaves Terra's heart unaccounted for. Who knows where it is, since we don't exactly have a precedence for this particular combination of hearts/bodies.

Last edited:

Zak1403

MX's soul would go the same place his body went: I assume, another Nobody.

As for No Heart, if he truly is a representation of Xemnas wielding, then we now know for sure that Xemnas was formed from MX's heart leaving Terra's body (since Terra's heart leaving Terra's body would result in a Nobody using Terra's Keyblade Roxas/Sora-style). This also means that Ansem is probably a Nobody of the darkness in MX's heart, which we pretty much already knew. This leaves Terra's heart unaccounted for. Who knows where it is, since we don't exactly have a precedence for this particular combination of hearts/bodies.

Well it could be assumed that his heart is within Xemnas but it is unknown as of now, or there could be more heartless/nobodies then we already know.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine

Now that's an interesting idea.

Personally I think souls act as minds. That's why Nobodies can think and plan whereas Heartless are mindless and follow whoever has the strongest darkness.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Well it could be assumed that his heart is within Xemnas but it is unknown as of now, or there could be more heartless/nobodies then we already know.
But Xemnas cannot feel emotions, while Roxas can feel emotions with Ventus' heart. It doesn't add up. Xemnas can't have a heart if he feels no emotions.

EDIT: Actually, the Guardian and Ansem account for MX and Terra's hearts. If there isn't some outside source for the Guardian, then that would mean MX's heart made one and Terra's heart made the other. Because I agree with Grass about the Guardian being MX's darkness, that would mean Ansem is either Terra's Heartless or a mix of MX and Terra's darkness, since MX's heart is still technically within Terra's body when Ansem is created, thus meaning that MX's darkness should be a part of Ansem.

Last edited:

zaqareemalcolm

Well, I think that Master Xehanort's heart was the one which formed Xehanort's Heartless.
Meanwhile, Terra-Eraqus Heart remained in Xemnas. However, because the heart had been locked (slightly unlocked when MX'd heart left), so Xemnas thinks he's Xehanort but has some of Terra's memories

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Immense light...Not so much. It's just another way of saying "strong heart," except leaning towards the light side. If light were a factor, then Sora's (or technically Riku's) keyblade wouldn't have left Sora for Riku, since Sora had more light than him.

Xion – A strong heart (debatable)/immense light & reincarnation – Xion is a replica of Sora created from his leaked memories. It is unknown if replica’s harbor hearts so it is unknown if her Keyblade is real. Her Keyblade may be a copy created from the same memories Xion was created from and could be a reincarnation of Sora’s Keyblade.
Xion's keyblade is fake.

This is anything but the case for Xemnas, at the time his Somebody, Xehanort; stepped into the door of darkness he was holding three hearts within one body with two souls (debatable).
Pretty positive MX only extracted his heart; his body and soul disappeared afterwards. Not once in the entire series has there been an instance where the soul leaves the body in any way.

1. He could not remember how to because of his complicated birth and the holding of so many hearts.
Not quite a reason why he won't, more like he can't. On top of that, Roxas could wield a keyblade without any knowledge of how to.

2. He uses it but we have not seen him do so, but doesn’t use it openly to persuade the Organization members into working hard to obtain the Keyblade hero (Sora).
Stretchy, but at the very least possible.

3. Doesn’t use it as Terra remembers it was the reason he was separated from his friends Ventus and Aqua.
Doesn't stop him from trying to be a jackass god.

So that leaves Master Xehanort’s Keyblade which couldn’t be wielded by Xemnas if only Terra’s heart was inside him so maybe Xehanort’s soul could be there.
Xemnas might be able to wield MX's keyblade, much like how Roxas could wield Sora's keyblade without Sora's heart (I don't think the soul is essential to wielding another's keyblade, more like the special connection to the heart is what they need).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back