• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

why would Xemnas change the name?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

swizzle

You are such a drag..
Organization 14 had, well 14 members. but from what happened in the other games, such as CoM and KH2, the members who were defeated did not result in the changing of the name. it stayed org 13. so many members were defeated in CoM but hte name didn't change. But since there were 14 members and the Orginazation was originally Org. 14, why did they decide to change the name from org 14 to org 13 then? was it because the 14th member was defeated? or maybe...she was never to be remembered...

my theory on why the name changed for the organization from 14 to 13 is this, that the 14th member was forgotten by all, she was erased from everyones memories and maybe time went back to before she was brought into the organization. i think that all of the members of the organization forgot about her completely because of some event, maybe she posesed the abilit that namine possesed and everyone that was connected to her forgot about her completely and changed her name and everything. so the name was either changed back to 13 with everyone saying "WTF?! who the f*** changed the sign to 14?!?!?!?!" or time went back and it was 13 once again but this time, number 14, whoever she is, was not brought into the organization.

i still have no idea who she is, or any theories on that, im hoping it is a brand new character, not Aqua or anyone, but an entirly new character.

that is my theory on the changing of the name.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
lol Your theory's pretty good, unlike me having no theory at all whatsoever.

I think they changed it to 13 and kept it that way just because the number 13 is considered unlucky in superstition (Hah! When I was 13, I wasn't unlucky at all! I was, infact, very lucky!).

They have caused some bad luck in few areas of the game, like in Hollow Bastion. If Demyx hadn't stopped Sora to fight, then Goofy wouldn't have been knocked out cause they would've been gone already. Or Xaldin coming to Beast's Castle wouldn't have caused Beast to get so angry and strain his relationship with Belle. That's my guess and I think it's pretty good! ^^

IKnoMyABC's!!!

Organization 14 had, well 14 members. but from what happened in the other games, such as CoM and KH2, the members who were defeated did not result in the changing of the name. it stayed org 13. so many members were defeated in CoM but hte name didn't change. But since there were 14 members and the Orginazation was originally Org. 14, why did they decide to change the name from org 14 to org 13 then? was it because the 14th member was defeated? or maybe...she was never to be remembered...

my theory on why the name changed for the organization from 14 to 13 is this, that the 14th member was forgotten by all, she was erased from everyones memories and maybe time went back to before she was brought into the organization. i think that all of the members of the organization forgot about her completely because of some event, maybe she posesed the abilit that namine possesed and everyone that was connected to her forgot about her completely and changed her name and everything. so the name was either changed back to 13 with everyone saying "WTF?! who the f*** changed the sign to 14?!?!?!?!" or time went back and it was 13 once again but this time, number 14, whoever she is, was not brought into the organization.

i still have no idea who she is, or any theories on that, im hoping it is a brand new character, not Aqua or anyone, but an entirly new character.

that is my theory on the changing of the name.

i think your theory makes much sense...
i can't even think of a better theory then that!
lol i guess I'm not that creative. :thumbsup:

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Well they'd just be called the Organization. That's what they called themselves in CoM

A

Audo

Nomura said it was called the Organization XIII even when they had 14 members. And the reason will be explained in 358/2 Days.

Twilight93

Bronze Member
Awards
Hotel In Traverse Town, Trying To Sneak Out Withou
When did he say that? I don't remeber reading that anywhere :confused:

Well we (by we I mean the character we play, Sora) were not present during the events between KH2 and CoM, when the 14th member emerged. We don't know if they called it Organization XIV, which I'm guessing so. But after Roxas left, they changed it back to XIII. Why not change it when all the other members died in CoM? Maybe because they didn't LEAVE the organization by wanting to leave, like Roxas. Instead they died and faded away.

A

Audo

When did he say that? I don't remeber reading that anywhere :confused:

Well we (by we I mean the character we play, Sora) were not present during the events between KH2 and CoM, when the 14th member emerged. We don't know if they called it Organization XIV, which I'm guessing so. But after Roxas left, they changed it back to XIII. Why not change it when all the other members died in CoM? Maybe because they didn't LEAVE the organization by wanting to leave, like Roxas. Instead they died and faded away.
Nomura said:
In Kingdom Hearts II there was Organization XIII, however even when they had 14 members it was still Organization XIII, the reason why they were never known as XIV even though they had 14 members will be understood in this game. She is a key character.
New Interview + HQ Images: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - KH-Vids.Net Forum
dadum.
And there you go, your anwser.

Last edited:

swizzle

You are such a drag..
well if they were org 13 even when number 14 was in there, that makes me htink that nobody knew about her. like she was a secret member or something. maybe she was just really close to Xemnas like a co-owner of hte org:p or something. i think that she was erased from their memories but Xemnas was the only one who knew of her existence. maybe she was just being used by Xemnas and only was there for his purposes;) which means that only Xemnas forgot about her, or he still remembers her, but was wiped off the face of the, uh, kh universe... something like that.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Sorry, but i don't really agree with the name change back to org xiii, i reckon it was always called xiii, but no xiv was like a secretish member

Twilight93

Bronze Member
Awards

Sorry, I just read it, thanks for correcting me :p

Well what if Xemnas didn't want anyone to know about her? Like knowing that Sora had killed off Organization members in Oblivion, he figured that (with some help) Sora could count that he had killed 13 members, and I think Riku told him later on about the members in Castle Oblivion since Jiminy had it in his journal the other members. So maybe she was like a backup for Axel's job, but doing it sercetly and not getting emotionally envolved (i mean friend wise...) with other members. Did anyone notice the organization member with the hood up that seemed to summon Twilight Thorn? It looked to be the same height as Roxas, but could be because of the camera angle.

A

Audo

Sorry, I just read it, thanks for correcting me :p

Well what if Xemnas didn't want anyone to know about her? Like knowing that Sora had killed off Organization members in Oblivion, he figured that (with some help) Sora could count that he had killed 13 members, and I think Riku told him later on about the members in Castle Oblivion since Jiminy had it in his journal the other members. So maybe she was like a backup for Axel's job, but doing it sercetly and not getting emotionally envolved (i mean friend wise...) with other members. Did anyone notice the organization member with the hood up that seemed to summon Twilight Thorn? It looked to be the same height as Roxas, but could be because of the camera angle.
If he didnt want anyone to know about her i dont think he would introduce her to the rest of the Org at a meeting type thing. Summon Twilight Thorn? When was this?

tetraalmasy

I'm back!
organization 14 means that the 14th is the most recent
I bet it used to be called organization 5 before 6, 7, 8 came along

maybe because she's a recent member and in KH1, COM, and 2, they didn't know about her until after events in KH2?

Twilight93

Bronze Member
Awards
If he didnt want anyone to know about her i dont think he would introduce her to the rest of the Org at a meeting type thing. Summon Twilight Thorn? When was this?

Well we don't ACUALLY see a meeting, just the same background of the meeting place in the image. For all we know Xemnas could have been breifing her of her mission, but of course if an interview mentioned he was introducing her to the rest of the organization (which I bet it was :p ) then maybe he didn't want Sora and company to know as a sort of last resort to get them by surprise and revive the Organization's honor.

When Roxas goes to the place where he goes to the platforms dealing with the Keyblade (i forgot the name, something sleep or awakening). When you reach the last platform, the camera goes behind Roxas and you see a hooded Nobody (or half of one) and it looks to be he same height of Roxas or, like I said before, it could be the camera angle. Then the camera goes back to Roxas and the Twilight Thorn appears. From this scene, I took the guess of 14's job to destroy other members, or maybe knowing Roxas' "feelings", Xemnas made XIV just an assassine for Roxas, idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back