• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why will Sora, Donald, and Goofy explore worlds in this game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSupremeFace

If the title doesn't make sense, let me explain it then.

It's a given that KH is such a good game not just for gameplay, but for being able to explore many different stories and films, with each tale being its own world. With the exception of KH originals, each world allows the player to interact with some of their favourite characters (who didn't enjoy playing with Jack Sparrow or getting coached by Phil?). Each game had a reason to go out and visit each of the worlds.

BBS: Terra and Aqua were sent on quests to find MX and fight the unversed, Ventus simply chased his friend
1: Sora, Donald and Goofy had to go to each world and lock each keyhole to protect them from Heartless
CoM: Technically it's all in castle oblivion, but we still explored the worlds through memory
358/2 Days: The organization sends you on missions to different worlds
2: It started off with Sora looking for Riku and trying to get back to Kairi (but then ORG 13 happenned)
Coded: *never played it, don't care enough to research*
DDD: Sora and Riku have to explore new worlds to lock NEW keyholes...this time it's to awaken the worlds from slumber
3: ?

So what'll be the excuse that allows us to visit the vast worlds that Disney can offer? My guess will be that it is similar to KH2. You start of as Sora and you're assigned to look for a way into either CO or to RoD to find either Aqua or Ventus. If Aqua first, you'll likely visit Radiant Garden as that's where Maleficent opened that door in KH1. If it's looking for CO first, then you'll probably just go to random worlds looking for an entrance as I doubt anyone truly knows where it is...except Yen Sid would know since it was originally LoD. Whatever it is, I believe that having to look for someone (or something) will be the reason that we'll have to explore the different worlds IN THE BEGINNING, then some plot element moves the game along.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The explanation has already been given by Nomura:

While Riku and Mickey are tasked with locating Terra, Aqua and Ventus, Sora, Donald and Goofy are tasked with finding an item called "The Key to Return Hearts" which is theorized by many to be the tool that is needed beside Ansem the Wise's data to finally save TAV as well as Naminé, Xion and Roxas.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Here's my interpretation of the numbered titles:

KH1 was about protecting the universe from darkness (stop the Heartless from destroying worlds, and stop XH from overflowing the RoL with darkness).
KH2 was about saving the universe from torment (solve the problems of worlds reaching out to other worlds, and free the hearts of Xemnas' KH).
I think KH3 will be about Sora finding the strength to face the greatest challenge of not only his life, but the universe's, as well. This whole time, he's been protecting and saving the RoL like its own Dream Eater; I think the RoL should give him some sort of gratitude for that.

Sora returning one last time to see his DE's was a sign of Sora's love for those who protected him; it even went on to show through Ven. If the RoL can instill the same amount of affection that Sora gave to his DE's, then perhaps Sora will find the firm reasoning he needs to take on the 13 SoD (or he'll find some plot device, such as the KtRH).

So, KH3 could be about finding the reason that keeps you saving the universe, time and time again. Take that as you will, when it comes to the way worlds play out.

Last edited:

TheSupremeFace

The explanation has already been given by Nomura:

While Riku and Mickey are tasked with locating Terra, Aqua and Ventus, Sora, Donald and Goofy are tasked with finding an item called "The Key to Return Hearts" which is theorized by many to be the tool that is needed beside Ansem the Wise's data to finally save TAV as well as Naminé, Xion and Roxas.

There goes my thread.............................................................................

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Not to mention the fact that even though Xehanort is their main threat, there are still those who will use the Darkness in the worlds. These people can easily align themselves with Xehanort if he were to, as he always does, offer some grand reward like world domination, the death of an enemy, etc. These are also people Xehanort can use to distract Sora and co. while the XIII Darknesses regroup and begin taking the final steps to call Kingdom Hearts, and it isn't like they are a threat they can conveniently ignore. Sora, Donald, and Goofy are still tasked with protecting the worlds.

There goes my thread.............................................................................

No, no. There is still much to be discussed!

Nayru's Love

Awards
Since we always have Maleficent to beat up and have her tell us how worthless we are~

Also, I think the way in which we're going to be traveling worlds will be important, as always. In KH1, SDG reached out to the worlds. In KH2, the worlds reached out to stronger worlds. How will traveling and keyholes work this time?

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
My question is (or at least the way I would frame the question everybody else is probably also asking), what is going to be the impetus for Sora and gang to travel to the specific Worlds they visit in KH3? In KH1, a lot of it was accidental (such as crashing into Deep Jungle), as well as being driven by the search for Kairi; in KH2, they were trailing signs of the Heartless, Nobodies and Riku in particular. How are they going to decide which exact Worlds they need to make contact with in order to have the best chance at finding the KtRH? As Ethy pointed out, there's the de facto villain factor; but I feel like SDG would have no way of knowing about what devilish doings are being done in a World until they get there.

I'd like it to have something to do with the Hearts of the Worlds. They sent Sora et al a door to help them in their journey near the end of KH2, perhaps they can give Sora guidance in his quest again. Perhaps along the course of the game, the Worlds create doors or pathways for the gang which lead to specific other Worlds, all of which are important (somehow) in the process of creating/coming into ownership of the Key to Return Hearts (whatever it is). And it isn't until they complete whatever is specifically necessary in each World that the next door will be revealed to them? I have no idea. ._.

Ehh, I just hope it's not like, welp, we need SDG to travel to various Worlds so they'll just do it for no reason! Yayyyy irrelevant Disney stuff BOSS FIGHT next World!

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
My question is (or at least the way I would frame the question everybody else is probably also asking), what is going to be the impetus for Sora and gang to travel to the specific Worlds they visit in KH3? In KH1, a lot of it was accidental (such as crashing into Deep Jungle), as well as being driven by the search for Kairi; in KH2, they were trailing signs of the Heartless, Nobodies and Riku in particular. How are they going to decide which exact Worlds they need to make contact with in order to have the best chance at finding the KtRH? As Ethy pointed out, there's the de facto villain factor; but I feel like SDG would have no way of knowing about what devilish doings are being done in a World until they get there.

I'd like it to have something to do with the Hearts of the Worlds. They sent Sora et al a door to help them in their journey near the end of KH2, perhaps they can give Sora guidance in his quest again. Perhaps along the course of the game, the Worlds create doors or pathways for the gang which lead to specific other Worlds, all of which are important (somehow) in the process of creating/coming into ownership of the Key to Return Hearts (whatever it is). And it isn't until they complete whatever is specifically necessary in each World that the next door will be revealed to them? I have no idea. ._.

If I had to take a wild guess I'd say that the necessary information is stored inside Ansem the Wise's data. Considering that it might be the thing that points them to the "Key to Return Hearts" even existing, I can also see that Ansem included some instructions there in how to create/get it, and that may require to do world hopping once again.

Nayru's Love

Awards
KH1 had something of a plot when it came to traveling worlds; KH2 was more like killing time. I'm also having a hard time coming up with a plot that weaves together all worlds.

Perhaps The Xehanorts would start panic across worlds by prophesying MX's control and the reorganization of the universe. Even if he does gain control of all the hearts of the universe, MX is more than experienced with strong hearts resisting control. Thus, this would be the final back-up plan: To stomp out all bastions of hope across the universe. Sora would be the damage control that not only teaches the universe to stand strong, but also himself as well. This would parallel how Sora was protecting both the light of the universe and his own light (that being Kairi's heart within him). And let's just ignore KH2 for the sake of convenience.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
lets see.....

maybe the reason for them to go to worlds would be to gather materials to create the KTRH. ansem's data may be the recipe in order to do so, and list specific worlds to visit

as for the villian thing, have maleficent and pete to kick around while the organization lay low and try to find their 13th member

TheSupremeFace

lets see.....

maybe the reason for them to go to worlds would be to gather materials to create the KTRH. ansem's data may be the recipe in order to do so, and list specific worlds to visit

as for the villian thing, have maleficent and pete to kick around while the organization lay low and try to find their 13th member

Just the thought of that makes me laugh... Imagine the moogles having a stash of KtRH's, but they won't give you one unless you have all of the ingredients found in all the worlds :rolleyes:.

I think that SDG will be able to travel through worlds since they unlocked special gates KH2, thus allowing access to travel through worlds. What if they end up running into the DtD or a way into the Realm of Light, that might cause a stir...

I still think that Destiny Islands is the Realm of Light

inverse K-blade7

In KH1, part of what made the Disney worlds feel important was that sealing keyholes was specifically stated to be important to the quest. You had to go to these worlds and seal the keyholes to save them. A similar thing could be done in kh3, where SDG see that certain worlds have abnormally high levels of darkness because the Seekers are directly targeting them for whatever reason. So ideally, Sora could be looking for clues about the KtRH, while interacting with the main villains in almost every level.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I think Sora and gang will also need to protect the Princesses of Heart in those worlds too since Master Xehanort is also after them.

TheSupremeFace

I think Sora and gang will also need to protect the Princesses of Heart in those worlds too since Master Xehanort is also after them.

Well technically they can do well by protecting just one since Master Xehanort needs all 7 PoH and will need a 13th SoD

Gonzales95

Awards
The reason will be the KtRH, but like KH2 this pretence will probably be ignored for about 10/15 hours whilst you attend to the problems of random Disney characters, then it'll be one/two worlds of important story stuff and then True Org XIII will have a new member and wreak havoc upon the worlds, forcing you to go back to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back