• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why were the worlds restored?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

organiztion_17

At the end of kingdom hearts 1 why were the worlds restored? They kept saying that the worlds would come back if the defeated ansem but I don't see how that would make them return? And was the Kingdom hearts begin the door to darkness real or artificial?

Gram

Banned
Awards
It's never stated why the worlds were restored then so we dont know. However if I had to take a guess it was cause, for whatever reason, the artificial kingdom hearts (made from the hearts of fallen worlds) dissipated after the DTD was sealed.

As for whether the kingdom hearts in kh1 was fake or not well:

Dream Drop Distance Glossary said:
According to legend, the source of all true light is known as "Kingdom Hearts."

We know Xehanort has created two Kingdom Hearts now, both artificially, by amassing enough hearts. One was made from the hearts of worlds, and the other from the hearts of people.

The Kingdom Hearts made from the hearts of worlds had a door that led to the realm of darkness; its depths were never fully charted.

The Kingdom Hearts made from the hearts of people was believed to have the power to recomplete someone whose heart had been lost.

It is indeed false. The door that appeared with it, the Door to Darkness, seems to be tied to this fake kh so it may be artificial in some way itself.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
tbh, I think it was a generic boss battle defeat resolution. There's no real reason why beating Ansem would restore the worlds, video game logic just dictates it should.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
The only logical explanation was that it had nothing to do with Ansem but rather sealing the door. The Door to Darkness probably acted as some sort of reset button.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
The only logical explanation was that it had nothing to do with Ansem but rather sealing the door. The Door to Darkness probably acted as some sort of reset button.

I tend to lean toward this explanation, too. Even if Ansem SoD or any other persona of Xehanort did cause the worlds to fall into darkness, it isn't like Ansem SoD's existence is linked to the worlds being in the state of destruction, so defeating him shouldn't cause the worlds to be restored.

Veritas7340

I think it was a combination of sealing the Door to Darkness and the Light that destroyed Ansem.

1) The Light: The worlds' barriers had all corroded due to the massive spread of darkness and Heartless. Kairi's Grandma told Kairi about how the true light [Kingdom Hearts] would one day return and bring peace. Obviously, that was not the light of the original Kingdom Hearts but of a replica. However, I believe that the light was strong and pure enough to restore the worlds at End of World and to rebuild the barriers. It fits in with one of KHI's themes: there's always a light even in the deepest darkness. That Kingdom Hearts was immeresed in the Realm of Darkness (or wherever that place beyond the door was). Yet, there was a light within from the hearts of worlds that was pure enough to destroy Ansem SoD and restore worlds completely.

2) Sealing the Door to Darkness: As others aforementioned, it seems pretty crucial. I think that prevented the Heartless and Darkness from continuing to enter the Realm of Light as they had been doing so since the days of Ansem the Wise and Xehanort Apprentice's experiments.

blksabbath74

tbh, I think it was a generic boss battle defeat resolution. There's no real reason why beating Ansem would restore the worlds, video game logic just dictates it should.

This...

If it had already been established that there would be a sequel, they probably would have done things a bit differently, but as it was, I'm sure there was alot of pressure to make it a game that stood on its own, complete with happy ending, while still socking away enough to spin into a sequel or series...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back