• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why was Xemnas looking for the Xhamber of Waking? And other questions...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

h.e.hassanein

Hey guys, it's been a long time since I've posted anything here, it's nice to be back :redface::redface:
I'm sure you all know how complicated things get in the khverse and i'm a bit rusty on the details etc.
Also not sure if this is the right place to post this, really sorry if it isn't

--> why was xehanort looking for the chamber of waking anyways? why did he want to find ventus's body?

--> why was xemnas talking to aqua's armor, calling it old friend and such?

--> what is that second castle in hollow bastion/radiant garden? I know one is the castle we visited in khI, but there's another black one with the heartless sign on it...wtf is that again?

--> is ansem the wise finally dead or is he in the realm of darkness? was that secret video in BbS (where aqua met AtW and he told her about everything that was going on in the outside world) after KHII? Also if he's in the RoD does that mean they're going to bring him back to life?

also you guys i found something really cool, i didn't want to just come here and bomb y'all with questions empty-handed! Simple File Sharing and Storage.

Xehanort-X-blade

keyblade graveyard waiting for the war to begin
Re: why was xemnas looking for the chamber of waking? and other questions

i think xehanort want ventus to make the X blade again or he wanted him to be the 13 vessel before sora

xemnas is terranort nobody xemnas have terra memories its like roxas and xion they have sora memories remember

hollow bastion/radiant garden i think they both the same place but durning 10 years everything changed i think

ansem the wise in the realm of darkness not dead

edit:that's why xemnas calls aqua armor friend cuz he have terra memories

Last edited:

Hobbe

1. I assume he wanted to use Ven as a vessel for Xehanort's heart. Or perhaps use him as a pure light in case one of the princesses becomes difficult to obtain. The existence of the chamber of waking could only be known of by Eraqus so perhaps the master's influence was seeping through and was attempting some kind of plan against Xemnas and Co.... Doubt it though. Xemnas being his own personality had access to Eraqus' memories of the chamber and then he became desperate to find it for reasons not fully understood yet.

2. That would be Terra's influence coming through, which is super trippy and is about all we know of the matter.

3. That castle seems to be Maleficent's base in KHII. We literally know nothing else about it.

4. Ansem is fully alive but with memory loss. Being in the realm of darkness doesn't make someone dead. He will most likely be freed at some point with Aqua.

I think I got that all right.... Cheers!

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Hey guys, it's been a long time since I've posted anything here, it's nice to be back :redface::redface:
I'm sure you all know how complicated things get in the khverse and i'm a bit rusty on the details etc.
Also not sure if this is the right place to post this, really sorry if it isn't

--> why was xehanort looking for the chamber of waking anyways? why did he want to find ventus's body?

--> why was xemnas talking to aqua's armor, calling it old friend and such?
Don't forget that Xemnas is also influenced by Terra. Finding Ven might have been Terra wanting to be reunited with his friend, or Xehanort wanting another vessel. It's not clear yet.

--> what is that second castle in hollow bastion/radiant garden? I know one is the castle we visited in khI, but there's another black one with the heartless sign on it...wtf is that again?
Villain's Vale is the name of the makeshift junky castle on the other end of the great maw. It seems to be a dumping ground for the discarded bits of the old Hollow Bastion. Maleficent and Pete took up residence there when the old facilities were cleaned out.

--> is ansem the wise finally dead or is he in the realm of darkness? was that secret video in BbS (where aqua met AtW and he told her about everything that was going on in the outside world) after KHII? Also if he's in the RoD does that mean they're going to bring him back to life?
Think about what you just asked. How would Ansem the Wise know about Sora if that scene took place before Kingdom Hearts II? That scene takes place after, and Ansem was never killed. Ansem was sent to the Realm of Darkness when his Encoder machine exploded at the end of Kingdom Hearts II.

h.e.hassanein

Wow okay thank you all for the quick replies!
2. That would be Terra's influence coming through, which is super trippy and is about all we know of the matter.
It is super trippy wtf nomura :p the reason i asked is it's so convenient how xemnas has terra's memories around aqua's armor but is just as evil as the original xehanort himself otherwise

Think about what you just asked.
Yeah I sort of answered myself by the end of the question.

Hobbe

Remember, though, Tinny, that Terra was never aware of Ventus being placed in Castle Oblivion. The memory of the chamber's existence pretty well has to belong to Eraqus. Unless Xehanort knew about it too... which would be cool, but how would he know Ven would be there? Heck, now I wonder how Eraqus would know Ven was there either. There must be some other function of the chamber of waking...

h.e.hassanein

There must be some other function of the chamber of waking...
Wait wait, wasn't the chamber of awakening the only place where the keyblade master could revert the world back to the land of departure? But I thin only Aqua would be able to do that since she's the one Eraqus chose...maybe Eraqus wants Aqua to revert Castle Oblivion back to the Land of Departure? idk

Xehanort-X-blade

keyblade graveyard waiting for the war to begin

Wow okay thank you all for the quick replies!

It is super trippy wtf nomura :p the reason i asked is it's so convenient how xemnas has terra's memories around aqua's armor but is just as evil as the original xehanort himself otherwise

Yeah I sort of answered myself by the end of the question.
its like xion she have sora memories and roxas everyday he dreams about sora and xemnas terranort nobody he know about TAV and i guess he can see vision of terra like roxas sees dreams of sora

Hobbe

It seems to me that the world's Keyhole is in the chamber, so maybe Xemnas wants to use Eraqus' memories to find it so he can plunge that world into darkness? But why? I really have no idea anymore :/

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Remember, though, Tinny, that Terra was never aware of Ventus being placed in Castle Oblivion. The memory of the chamber's existence pretty well has to belong to Eraqus. Unless Xehanort knew about it too... which would be cool, but how would he know Ven would be there? Heck, now I wonder how Eraqus would know Ven was there either. There must be some other function of the chamber of waking...
Unless Aqua's armor told him.

Hobbe

^Maybe. But we really have nothing to lead us to that possibility, as far as I can see. It's just a lifeless suit of armor while it's owner is trapped in the realm of darkness... Are you suggesting that maybe Aqua's armor has a will of its own now, like Terra's, based on her lingering thoughts or whatever is really going on there?

Definitely a cool thought but I was under the impression the Lingering Whatever was only a thing because of Terra's heart being messed around by Xehanort...

I could totally be wrong.

Edit: Plus, why would Aqua's armor tell anything to the person who is quite clearly the body of a Xehanort-infused Terra? Seems there'd be trust issues on that one.

[Aqua's Armor] Terra! Ven is in Castle Oblivion, you can't do anything with him but go find him! Don't tell Xemnas!

[Xemnas] Hey guys, I know where to find our next vessel!

... unless the hypothetical will of Aqua's armor can communicate with just Terra, but then it's not really Terra, just a new heart that happens to have some of his old memories...

My head hurts...

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Lingering Will is the embodiment of Terra's strong thoughts and feelings animating the armor. It's a common idea throughout Asia that strong enough emotions can manipulate inanimate objects and even give them a soul. The Lingering Will seems to be an interpretation of this idea so others like it could probably be made.

With that said, Aqua didn't have the same intense emotional experience as Terra, but enough that I wouldn't be surprised if there were some memory shenanigans afoot and her armour became embedded with them. The LW doesn't seem particularly intelligent and Aqua's armour would be less so. I don't think it'd be all that difficult to get information from it per se. In the sense that it wouldn't try to impale you anyway.

Hobbe

^The idea of Terra's Lingering Will is definitely a cool one but... I feel like it's just a little absurd that a similar thing happening on a smaller scale with Aqua's armor would be the plot device giving one of our baddies information about the chamber's existence, especially when in my own opinion it makes more sense that Xemnas has some of Eraqus' memories as well and that's how he knows about it...

Of course, we don't know, and that's why this is fun. We can really only hope that it's not just a dumb plot hole and that KHIII will reveal all... which I currently believe will be the case.

Ruran

Awards
^The idea of Terra's Lingering Will is definitely a cool one but... I feel like it's just a little absurd that a similar thing happening on a smaller scale with Aqua's armor would be the plot device giving one of our baddies information about the chamber's existence, especially when in my own opinion it makes more sense that Xemnas has some of Eraqus' memories as well and that's how he knows about it...

Of course, we don't know, and that's why this is fun. We can really only hope that it's not just a dumb plot hole and that KHIII will reveal all... which I currently believe will be the case.

Xemnas knowing about the CoA because of ME is a valid, but the trouble is that the only person who knows that Ven is there is Aqua. Xemnas is specifically looking for Ven for some reason and knows where he is, just not how to get to him. How he found out is mysterious, but Xemnas "speaking" to Aqua's armour is definitely suspect.

Hobbe

I absolutely believe you, but I've never actually seen the Final Mix content (holding out for 2.5!) and I'm not the most knowledgeable on Ultimania and etc stuff... was it clarified that he knows Ven is there in the scenes, or in a particular interview?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
[video=youtube;n0E9RNPcFQg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0E9RNPcFQg[/video]
Xigbar: Ever since then, he holes himself up in that room when he can and he talks to someone. But who? For all I know he's the only one in that room.

Zexion: Need I repeat myself about eavesdropping?

Xigbar: Not eavesdropping. Couldn't hear what they were saying. Dying to find out what it was, though.
Xemnas is talking to someone in that room, for sure.
Him talking with Aqua's armor makes sense given with what we know. Aqua would be the only one who knows were Ven is and we have the Lingering Will, which is Terra's strong emotions and thoughts animated. So her armor having her last thoughts and feelings embedded in it when she detached it to save Terra is very likely.

Last edited:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Why is it absurd? I don't think it's the exact same situation, or even necessarily the situation at all, but we don't know what the armor or for that matter the Keyblade is truly fully capable of. We now know that Keyblades themselves can be inherited and have a will of their own attached to them. Xigbar says Xemnas is talking to somebody in that chamber. It's possible Aqua's armor or Keyblade acts as a blackbox of sorts, but even if it didn't and Terra's influence wasn't involved, it is not out of the realm of possibility that Xehanort knew about the chamber. Xehanort called the Land of Departure home too once, and even though Eraqus was the successor and was supposed to gain privileged information we're slowly starting to learn that Xehanort never allowed such boundaries to stave off his curiosity.

Oh I was ninja'd so hard. But my point stands

Hobbe

Well, I meant absurd in more of a 'that's just plain weird' sort of way, but that's mostly coming from my not really grasping the Final Mix content. It's true that there's way more to the armor and keyblades than we're currently aware of so it's certainly possible.

But couldn't he be talking to Young Xehanort for all we know? (I'm holding off on watching those scenes so apologies if I'm making you guys answer some 'dumb' questions :p )

And could someone please point out where it was confirmed Xemnas knows for sure about Ven's whereabouts?

Ruran

Awards
I absolutely believe you, but I've never actually seen the Final Mix content (holding out for 2.5!) and I'm not the most knowledgeable on Ultimania and etc stuff... was it clarified that he knows Ven is there in the scenes, or in a particular interview?

It was mentioned that Xemnas was looking for the CoA because he was looking for Ven in an interview. The quote is somewhere in a myriad of interviews, somewhere between "I decided to make Donald a magician because I thought it would be cute~" and "Donald and Goofy were going to sing in the first game" but I don't know where it is so you can just take my word on it.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Well, I meant absurd in more of a 'that's just plain weird' sort of way, but that's mostly coming from my not really grasping the Final Mix content. It's true that there's way more to the armor and keyblades than we're currently aware of so it's certainly possible.

But couldn't he be talking to Young Xehanort for all we know? (I'm holding off on watching those scenes so apologies if I'm making you guys answer some 'dumb' questions :p )

If the game wasn't two months shy of coming out I'd be less understanding, but the interviews are here on the site and the game is nearly ten years old. There is such a thing as willful ignorance.

And could someone please point out where it was confirmed Xemnas knows for sure about Ven's whereabouts?

Behold:
Q12: Why is Xemnas searching for The Chamber of Awakening?
A: To find Ventus.

The Chamber of Awakening is the room where Aqua leaves Ventus sleeping in Last Episode, and is a part of Castle Oblivion. As you can see from Xemnas calling Aqua’s armor “friend”, it seems Xemnas has Terra’s memories and so is searching for Ventus, and is making the other Organization members look for The Chamber of Awakening.

[picture: Aqua with Ventus]

Aqua leaves the sleeping Ventus in The Chamber of Awakening.

[picture: Xemnas and Saix]

The only one who can solve the mysteries of Castle Oblivion is Aqua, so the Organization was never able to find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back