Why Ventus was ignored the most in BBS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xehanort-X-blade

Awards
keyblade graveyard waiting for the war to begin
i kinda hate it ventus is my favorite he always stand in middle of aqua and terra like his the main character but sadly he didn't get much attention like aqua and terra for example here's the thing's ventus didn't earn while terra and aqua have

(1) keyblades

terra can equip 16 keyblade's

aqua can equip 16 keyblade's but it's 17 now cause of master keeper so aqua 17

ventus can equip 15 keyblade's?

how is that fair i know ventus should have get kingdom key D but it was removed but they should've had given him new one at least

(2)boss battles

terra fought 13 bosses in his journey

aqua fought 14 in her journey including last ep and secret ep

ventus fought 10 bosses in his journey=_=

BTW some of the boss battle's were fought twice but they still count

(3) shotlocks

terra shotlocks 12

aqua shotlocks 12

ventus shotlocks 11 it should have bean 12 but we can't add vanitas shotlock cause it's only usable in one fight

(4) [h=2]Battle and magic Commands actually im not gone explain this one but all im gone say this one is not different from the other question's ven has less ability's in both magic and battlle =_= [/h]there's more i didn't mention but this is enough so what you guys think is it unfair for ventus?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
  • Quack Attack
  • You've Got A Friend In Me
  • Rising Star
  • Keyblade Master
Re: why ventus was ignored the most in BBS

These numbers are so minuscule the developers might have not even noticed...

Ven was a novice compared to Aqua and Terra who were a Keyblade Master and Master Level Wielder. We're to assume that Ven doesn't have access to powers and abilities the way Terra and Aqua do because he's not skilled enough. Ven didn't even know how to traverse the lanes between at first and learned it on the fly.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX

I feel like whatever he may have lacked in abilities, he made up for in story presence. The whole conflict basically revolves around poor Ven. What with Vanitas being the darkness of his heart, to the X-blade forging, to his heart finding its way inside of Sora, he was a central figure to Xehanort's plans and in part shaped a large portion of the series lore.

The number differences in abilities and keyblades aren't really that big of a deal in my opinion. It was probably just oversight on the developer's part.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
  • Savage Nymph
  • Come So Far
  • Come So Far
  • Come So Far
  • The Gambler of Fate
  • Dandelion

(5) omg his name is last in TAV

in all seriousness this is A. all coincidental or B. taking into account he isn't a very experienced keyblade wielder, and many of his abilities are powerful and linked to sora and roxas, maybe they just couldn't come up with many new abilities in that regard?

Davidsawr

Awards

I never liked ventus. His actions in the game seemed extremely immature and nonsensical to me. Terra is a strong power driven dark- hero which makes him fun to play. Aqua is just...h̶o̶t̶ *coughs* I mean fun to play

Xblade13

Awards

I never liked ventus. His actions in the game seemed extremely immature and nonsensical to me. Terra is a strong power driven dark- hero which makes him fun to play. Aqua is just...h̶o̶t̶ *coughs* I mean fun to play
Well, he is the youngest of the three, so it would in fact be natural for him to be less mature than Terra or Aqua. If I remember correctly, he's about the age Sora was in KH1?

Davidsawr

Awards

Well, he is the youngest of the three, so it would in fact be natural for him to be less mature than Terra or Aqua. If I remember correctly, he's about the age Sora was in KH1?
True but Sora acted more mature. The conflicts in BBS mainly end up bad because Ven gets butthurt that Terra doesnt listen to him before leaving.'O Lets Chase After him, that cant go wrong'

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
  • Savage Nymph
  • Come So Far
  • Come So Far
  • Come So Far
  • The Gambler of Fate
  • Dandelion

True but Sora acted more mature. The conflicts in BBS mainly end up bad because Ven gets butthurt that Terra doesnt listen to him before leaving.'O Lets Chase After him, that cant go wrong'
lol regardless of what ven did to make it bad his elders made it worse

Ruran

Awards
  • Quack Attack
  • Rising Star
  • Keyblade Master

To be fair, the events that transpire in BbS partly happen because everyone gets butthurt and handles it badly. Terra, Aqua, Ven, and Master Eraqus all handle their situations rather immaturely and ignorantly imo.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
  • Taciturn Stalwart
  • Chilly Academic
  • Whirlwind Lancer
  • The Freeshooter
  • 15th Anniversary
  • Superior of the In-Between

Yeah, Ven kind of acts like a grade schooler for some reason. Roxas in Days has a similar problem, it's like Square forgot what a... thirteen?... year old acts and just assumed "must be the same as 8." Jessie McCartney's doing the best with what he's got, but it's hard to ignore the tantrum-like implications of "I wanna know NOW!" Ruran's right that it's a problem across the board, but Roxas has some similar child-like whines in Days and it always made me suspicious. The whining is really obvious compared to stoic Organization Roxas of KH2.

I agree with Ruran that the developer probably didn't notice most of those numbers (though good spots, Xehanort-X-Blade). But the bosses may have been deliberate? They're a lot of work for the dev team, take a lot of testing, a lot of difficulty testing. Somewhere along the road, you'd think someone would notice he has ~75% what Terra and Aqua get. Maybe they figured a lot of players would take Ven first?

Last edited:

Davidsawr

Awards

Yeah, Ven kind of acts like a grade schooler for some reason. Roxas in Days has a similar problem, it's like Square forgot what a... thirteen?... year old acts and just assumed "must be the same as 8." Jessie McCartney's doing the best with what he's got, but it's hard to ignore the tantrum-like implications of "I wanna know NOW!" Ruran's right that it's a problem across the board, but Roxas has some similar child-like whines in Days and it always made me suspicious. The whining is really obvious compared to stoic Organization Roxas of KH2.
Its hard to blame him. He popped into existence with no memories, recruited by a mysterious organization, randomly gets Sora flashbacks which he thinks is someone else, not to mention he isnt really supposed to exist in the first place. he becomes the stoic Org Roxas in KH2 because he was forced to grow after pretty much killing once of his best friends

Xblade13

Awards

To be fair, the events that transpire in BbS partly happen because everyone gets butthurt and handles it badly. Terra, Aqua, Ven, and Master Eraqus all handle their situations rather immaturely and ignorantly imo.
Moral lesson of BBS: Don't get butthurt.

Ven --- "I'm butthurt because Terra didn't say goodbye to me. So yolo..."
Terra --- "I'm butthurt because I failed my exam. So I'm going to listen to a creepy old man that I only met today instead of the master who taught me..."
Aqua --- "I'm butthurt that Terra is butthurt, and that Ven chased after him."
Eraqus --- "I'm butthurt that Terra is angry at me for chosing Aqua as Master and not him. So I'm going to take out my anger on them later on."

Meanwhile...

Xehanort --- "Haha you all are idiots."

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
  • Taciturn Stalwart
  • Chilly Academic
  • Whirlwind Lancer
  • The Freeshooter
  • 15th Anniversary

Terra --- "I'm butthurt because I failed my exam. So I'm going to listen to a creepy old man that I only met today instead of the master who taught me..."
Eraqus --- "I'm butthurt that Terra is angry at me for chosing Aqua as Master and not him. So I'm going to take out my anger on them later on."

Meanwhile...

Meanwhile...

Mickey --- I'm just sort of impatient.
Yen Sid --- Mickey stole my magical item but idgf.
Mickey --- *becomes highly successful king and has saved the real world twice and data world one so far, without dying or being trapped for a decade in the darkness or anything*

Now what have we learned.

Davidsawr

Awards

Meanwhile...

Mickey --- I'm just sort of impatient.
Yen Sid --- Mickey stole my magical item but idgf.
Mickey --- *becomes highly successful king and has saved the real world twice and data world one so far, without dying or being trapped for a decade in the darkness or anything*

Now what have we learned.
To steal stuff from Yen Sid?

Ruran

Awards
  • Quack Attack
  • Rising Star
  • Keyblade Master

Meanwhile...

^^^^^^^^^^

That pretty much sums it up. There's also ME getting butthurt about MX playing around with darkness and Terra getting butthurt over Aqua "spying" (but not really) on him.

As for Roxas and Ven, for better or for worse KH likes using amnesia as a plot device. Roxas was born an "empty Sora" and had approximately one year of life experience while Ven had four. Mentally and emotionally they were closer to young children than teenagers, so "acting eight"...yeah, that's about right.

Gram

Banned
Awards
  • Master of Monologues
  • Keyblade Master
  • Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

Meanwhile...

Xehanort, not only a master of giant keys, but of butthurt~

Last edited:

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
  • Taciturn Stalwart
  • Chilly Academic
  • Whirlwind Lancer
  • The Freeshooter
  • 15th Anniversary

To steal stuff from Yen Sid?
Bingo!

You know, one of the running theories for KHX is that Yen Sid had the book of prophecy and Mickey is using it to create a data world. That doesn't mean he has to know about it...

And that makes sense, Ruran. It's kind of weird and uncomfortable, child-soldier-like angle to it but it's still pretty solid as an explanation.

(What is Final Fantasy but a series of child soldiers, anyways?)

Last edited:

Lokifan

Awards

Probably Nomura favours Aqua the most, and Ventus the least, just saying

Status
Not open for further replies.