• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why Pocahontas Can't be in KH2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Superior345

Reason #1: Because it happens in america.
The game is originally japanese, so putting an american world in it wouldn't make sense.
Reason #2: Because it is based on actual historical events.

I know port royal takes place in england and everything but pocahontas is just different.

Sanctuary Keeper

Historical? Yeah they wish it was, they try to base some of it, and some of it is, but like 90 percent of it is just Disney

jk4eva

Actually, Port Royal is a town in Jamaica... I know because I'm from there. Research will do you good. ;)

Nomura has his own reasons, what they are, we might not know. Pocahontas probably didn't fit in with the idea of the plot. =/

HeartlessOfDoom

OK, SE doesn't care where the movie takes place, for the game area is as large as the movie area was or less, so it's not like it'd show a bunch of America. Just some forest and stuff. Even so, they had movies in KH take place in another country anyway. The Clocktower at London...... In KH2 they have Port Royal which is IN THE CARIBBEAN like jk4eva said. If SE wanted it, they'd put it in. Besides, the movie has some bare historical facts, but the rest was fiction. SOME of the characters were real, and some events did take place ( somewhat ), but the movie has a Disney spin and therefore is not historically accurate at all. Historically acurate=3% at most. I don't think it will be in there, though, for it has not been rumored or hinted at by SE.

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
DURR... POKAHANTAS NOT BE IN KH2 BEKUZ IT BE IN AMERCA.

Now that I've gotten that out...

What about Land Of The Dragons? KH2 is Japanese, but Mulan takes place in China.

Besides, what good would Pocahontas do in KH?

The_Superior345

i never said it was historically acurate, i said it was based on historical events. and sorry i forgot about port royal being in the carribean, the english accents threw me off.

Last edited:

X DoubleSunday

well who says mulan belongs in KH2? or even PoTC. Nomura chooses certain movies for different reasons. I mean seriously, who is tosay Mulan i sany better than Pocahauntus ya know? It doesn' tmatte rthat it bares historical value or that it took plac ein america b/c just like someone else said, mulan took place in ancient china and it sin a japanese game. They're don't care where it takes place, just if th egame looks good.

jk4eva

I also have to add the fact that "Mulan" is based on a true story, and yet it's in KH2. So your point about Pocahontas not being in there because it's being based on a historical event doesn't add up, sorry. It's the same with Pirates of the Caribbean - another historical event.
You can always google it and find out for yourself. :)

Last edited:

Keji

not putting pochahontas because it took place in america is a stupid reason..
what about pirates of the caribbean.. that took place.....
somewhere but not in japan

helios

Bronze Member
no thats not fait i liked john smith in the first place thats jsut rude to say oh since this is american we arent going to put it in this japanese games hmmmmmmmmmmm i wonder where mickey, donald ,and goofy came from it must have been some japanese guy...............<_< no for all teh dumbasses that dont know its walt disney.

chasingdusk

I hope you didn't mean that KL.
Unless...
I just need a sense of humor. Heh.
But, anyway, I agree with X DoubleSunday. It doesn't matter where the world takes place, as long as Squareenix can form a well developed plot from it that actually fits with the KH storyline. Cuz really, Pocahontus!? The world would be so boring....poor Sora would be trying to find his way out of the woods for ages!

LoyalSubject

subject to the king
chasingdusk said:
I hope you didn't mean that KL.
Unless...
I just need a sense of humor. Heh.
But, anyway, I agree with X DoubleSunday. It doesn't matter where the world takes place, as long as Squareenix can form a well developed plot from it that actually fits with the KH storyline. Cuz really, Pocahontus!? The world would be so boring....poor Sora would be trying to find his way out of the woods for ages!

i agree with u on both accounts. the world would probably be stupid and boring. and i also hope that u were kiddin kl and that i just have no sense of humor because i am half cherokee tribe aka native american

Sanctuary Keeper

Cloud_Unchained said:
DURR... POKAHANTAS NOT BE IN KH2 BEKUZ IT BE IN AMERCA.

Now that I've gotten that out...

What about Land Of The Dragons? KH2 is Japanese, but Mulan takes place in China.

Besides, what good would Pocahontas do in KH?
But you have to agree its definently a lot better than Pocahontus, besides, its pretty interesting to be in a mulan world, I really like the scenes so far, (enviorment mainly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back