• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why Not Use Roxas?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veritas7340

DiZ wanted to use Sora to exact his revenge on Organization XIII. However, from an in-universe perspective, why didn't he consider using Roxas? Unlike Sora, Roxas seemed willing to destroy the Organization to avenge Xion. Furthermore, Roxas proved himself to be a capable fighter when he defeated Riku.

(It just occured to me that this might be better suited for the Days section... Oh well)

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
DiZ only viewed Roxas as "half of Sora." It's possible he didn't think he was as strong as Sora would be with Roxas in him, especially since bringing Sora back would allow Sora to use his own strength in addition to Roxas' (and, if DiZ knew anything about Ventus yet, knew Roxas had to be in Sora for Sora to activate dual-wielding and such). Plus, DiZ hated Nobodies in general, mostly because he helped create them inadvertently and because those who betrayed him still lived on as such (excluding half after CoM).

Could Roxas have defeated the Organization without going back into Sora? I still think so. However, for plot reasons, this couldn't happen, but DiZ's actions do make sense since he's letting his own bias against Nobodies as well as the fact that Sora technically would be the stronger one to send in (since Roxas can access Ven's Keyblade for dual-wielding, but Sora would be able to access Ven as well as Roxas' own strength).

But that's just my theory on why.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
DiZ had a bias against Nobodies, wasn't interested in dealing with what he considered a non-existent Sora, and watched how Sora took down half of the Organization before he went to sleep. DiZ considered Sora his champion, and was certain that he'd lead the crusade against Xemnas.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
DiZ had a bias against Nobodies, wasn't interested in dealing with what he considered a non-existent Sora, and watched how Sora took down half of the Organization before he went to sleep. DiZ considered Sora his champion, and was certain that he'd lead the crusade against Xemnas.

If you wanna be technical, Sora only took down Larxene and Marluxia (but your point still stands nonetheless).

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Roxas could also been seen as too risky to trust with such a vital task. Sora has a lot of friends who can help him out in case of trouble while Roxas will be going against the organization by himself.

My other theory is Riku only agreed to help Diz in exchange of Sora waking up so Diz had to hold up his end of the bargain and have Roxas return to Sora.

Anagram

Banned
Didn't Roxas also forget Xion? Roxas main goal within the memory chaos was to find Sora. What he would've done had he met Sora is another subject though. Could've taken a number of turns depending on circumstance.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
My other theory is Riku only agreed to help Diz in exchange of Sora waking up so Diz had to hold up his end of the bargain and have Roxas return to Sora.

That wasn't even necessary.
DiZ did not even consider Roxas a living entity of his own, but an anomaly running around that didn't even deserve to exist in the first place.

This is also the reason and main answer to the opening post as to why DiZ didn't consider using Roxas.
To him in his deep-rooted anger against Nobodies in general, Roxas was just a piece of scum, a mistake that had to be corrected.
So the thought of using him instead of Sora did not even cross his mind for once.

During Days and the first half of KH 2 that stance is pretty much shown enough to make it clear, as quotes like these show:

Days said:
DiZ: Those Nobodies had no business existing in the first place--as you know fully well, Naminé.

DiZ: Naminé, they've found us! They are on their way! That blasted puppet led them right to our doorstep! See what you get for trusting it?

KH 2 said:
DiZ: Now, for the finishing touches. First, we must dispose of Naminé. She did a splendid job with Sora, but it's high time she disappeared. Roxas isn't the only one who was never meant to exist. Take care of it, Ansem.

DiZ: A Nobody doesn't have a right to know. Nor does it even have the right to be.

DiZ: I am a servant of the world. (laughs) And if I'm a servant, then you should consider yourself a tool, at best.

While his mind was still clouded with his thirst for revenge, DiZ/Ansem did have some very ruthless views and intentions and that many fans loathed him for that was not really unfounded. Heck, even in-universe Riku was disgusted with how DiZ operated in regards to the Nobodies, but worked along with him nonetheless because both he and Naminé needed DiZ's expertise and resources to successfully restore Sora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back