• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why not Richard Epcar?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hense90

I was wondering, why doesn't Richard Epcar voices Xehanort's Nobody, Xemnas? I mean all the other apprentices of Ansem had the same voice actors as both humans and Nobodies. And what makes it even more confusing is that Epcar voices Xehanort's Heartless, Ansem Seeker of Darkness.

We know why Haley Joel Osment doesn't voices Sora's Nobody, Roxas now, but do you think there is a special reason to why Epcar doesn't voices Xehanort's Nobody?

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
They wanted to limit the amount of suck?

Seriously though, it probably has something to do with the whole mix of Terra/MX voices

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I thought it was because having two dudes Rikunort and Xemnas both having the same voice in the game would confuse the younger folk, seeing how they both wear the coat and are supposed to be technically the same person, just to differentiate with Xemnas and Ansem. Or they just wanted to make it clear that Xemnas was not Terranortish and more Terraish than MXish. I don't know to be honest.

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
Most likely due to the fact that both Xehanort's Heartless and Xemnas would have the same voice.

Though...I feel it would have been better had Terra's VA be Paul. St. Peter It would make more sense, seeing as though Xemnas isTerra'soriginalbody and soulonly corrupt with Master Xehanort's darkness.

This makes Xemnas more or less the same as the other Nobodies. So this is a pretty valid question.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Most likely due to the fact that both Xehanort's Heartless and Xemnas would have the same voice.
this^
just to differentiate them.

Sempied

2. I don't think Xemnas is Xheanort but Terra and only Terra
If it were just Terra then he wouldn't have gone on a rampage as Xemnas. MX wasn't "with" Xemnas per say, but left his influence as someone has said that "corrupted" Terra body, and soul.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
If it were just Terra then he wouldn't have gone on a rampage as Xemnas. MX wasn't "with" Xemnas per say, but left his influence as someone has said that "corrupted" Terra body, and soul.

Xemnas might have been created from Terra's body and soul, and reclaimed some of Terra's memories, but he's still the Nobody of Apprentice Xehanort, with all the memories thereof. In fact, he makes it clear by his taunting of Ansem the Wise at the end of Kingdom Hearts II that he considers himself to be AX, since he talks about AX in first-person (Re: the Heartless, "It was your research that inspired me to go further than you ever dared.").

Since he remembers what AX wants as his own desires, he continues to further AX's goals - he just finds himself compelled to act on Terra's own desires, as well, hence the creation of the Chamber of Repose and his search for the Chamber of Waking).

sora364

Awards
We shall all deeply mourn the loss of the ominous and badass voice of Billy Zane. Too bad he got blacklisted...he was the perfect Xehanort.

Hense90

We shall all deeply mourn the loss of the ominous and badass voice of Billy Zane. Too bad he got blacklisted...he was the perfect Xehanort.
He got blacklisted? I just thought he didn't wanted to lent his voice to Kingdom Hearts anymore?

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine

Though...I feel it would have been better had Terra's VA be Paul. St. Peter It would make more sense, seeing as though Xemnas isTerra'soriginalbody and soulonly corrupt with Master Xehanort's darkness.

This makes Xemnas more or less the same as the other Nobodies. So this is a pretty valid question.

Bear in mind that Terra's voice will probably sound just like Xemnas's when he's older. I agree with EVERYTHING you're saying about how Xemnas is truly just Terra's body and soul.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Yeah Terra should have had Paul St. Peter as his VA because Xemnas is Terra's body and soul just with white hair, yellow eyes and darker skin due to the fact that when Xemnas was created, MX's heart was in control of Terra's body so Xemnas took on this influence

Also Xemnas was seeking KH for evil because He lacked his memories of the past and thus was acting out on the plans he had after he became Ansem's apprentice, A.K.A using KH to obtain great power. If Xemnas had remembered his past as Terra, he probably would have been a good guy

State

Awards
Billy Zane voiced Xehanort's Heartless in Kingdom Hearts while Richard Epcar voiced him in Re: Chain of Memories, 358/2 Days and II. This makes me wonder why Billy Zane didn't continue his role as XH, but rather, Richard Epcar continued, anyhow, personally, I find Zane' and Epcar's voice to be too deep and attractive to fit Xemnas, who as an empty being, literally. Personally, Paul St. Peter did an excellent job voicing Xemnas.

sora364

Awards
Bear in mind that Terra's voice will probably sound just like Xemnas's when he's older. I agree with EVERYTHING you're saying about how Xemnas is truly just Terra's body and soul.

That could possibly be true, however, lest we forget: Xemnas is essentially only one year older than his original self, as Nobodies do not age. This would directly imply that Terra's voice would have changed within one year of BBS.

With that said, I'm not exactly sure how Square is going to approach this. Alas, I look foward to Jason Dohring again in KH3 hopefully his performance remains great throughout the entire game this time...and not just the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back