• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why nobody wants BBSv2 go to NGP?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

pepe1092

Awards
I have read the opinions of several people and I realized that many people do not want the BBSv2 rumored to be for NGP and expect it to be made to the 3DS and even for the PSP. I think the last game for PSP Square will be the FF Type 0, besides that Sony will want their ration of KH for the NGP. Just think it's a great opportunity to see how to look KH3 and capabilities that the NPM can offer the series. Many people are already annoyed to buy all the consoles to play the series, but nobody forces you to buy the consoles and there are easier ways to play the series, although these measures are not legal.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
Re: Why nobody wants to BBSv2 go to NGP?

it just seems like a hassle to have all of these systems to meet all of these games, and granted you could not buy it or play it but an avid fan of the series would die inside if they didnt get to play BBSvol2. i just dont like the idea of putting a game on every single console.

KingdomSealer2

it just seems like a hassle to have all of these systems to meet all of these games, and granted you could not buy it or play it but an avid fan of the series would die inside if they didnt get to play BBSvol2. i just dont like the idea of putting a game on every single console.

Exactly. Hardcore fans want to play (and own) all the games. But when you have to buy so many different systems just to do that, it becomes a nuisance.

AxelRikuRoxas

Exactly. Hardcore fans want to play (and own) all the games. But when you have to buy so many different systems just to do that, it becomes a nuisance.

agreed, feels like more of an addiction than a fun game. way to much extras you have to do if it's on all systems. I'd prefer to just watch the cutscenes... id like to play the games, but because nomura keeps switching systems (sooo annoying) i don't want to spend all the extra money so ill just youtube the cutscenes ;P

ActingDude17

I bought a PSP for BBS and might get a 3DS because it looks like a cool system, but purchasing an NGP is going to have to be where I draw the line.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
For a series told in saga format to be on 7 consoles is aboslutely ridiculous.

This. Spreading these games out on different systems was, at the beginning, meant to allow people access to the series if they didn't have a certain system. Now it is just too much because no fan with a logical brain is going to buy seven different consoles to play one game on. It is just spread out too far. For one, I don't want an NGP until later on when there is a price drop, and many fans will say the exact same thing.

I can care less about the graphics and simulating a KH game on a PS3 like system. VersusXIII is the simulation of a KH-like game on a PS3. That is all we need.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I agree completely with Jelai and Lycoris. I wouldn't mind if KH was in its' second saga, but it's on its' first saga. And there are only 8 confirmed titles for this saga with a possible 9th. :/

Gram

Banned
Awards
Jelai said:
For a series told in saga format to be on 7 consoles is aboslutely ridiculous.

This. Spreading these games out on different systems was, at the beginning, meant to allow people access to the series if they didn't have a certain system. Now it is just too much because no fan with a logical brain is going to buy seven different consoles to play one game on. It is just spread out too far. For one, I don't want an NGP until later on when there is a price drop, and many fans will say the exact same thing.

I can care less about the graphics and simulating a KH game on a PS3 like system. VersusXIII is the simulation of a KH-like game on a PS3. That is all we need.

these^ motherfucking THIS^^^^^^

i mean hell its getting ridiculous >:/

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Do what I do, don't buy it... I stopped purchasing KH titles after KH2 and feel like I came out on top.

Awards
And before anyone brings up that bullshit argument that you can just "watch the videos on YouTube if you don't have the console," let me tell you that a video game is different from a movie in that respect.

For a movie, it doesn't matter under what context you're watching it, because the object IS to watch it. A video game has two components. You watch it for the storyline (generally nowadays) AND, more importantly, you play it. To separate the two is to miss out on the whole experience. I don't want to just watch cutscenes of KH3D on YouTube because that's not what KH3D IS.

Now, granted, I haven't had this issue since I've had each console it's been on, but the handful of irl friends of mine that like KH have not been so lucky. They don't have a DS or a PSP. And they don't just want to go research the game because that would defeat the purpose. So they're tired of trying to play catch up with the series, and it has essentially been lost to them.

Hell, even if you DO have each console, you'd figure they'd have a bit more consistency as opposed to spreading the series as thin as possible across systems. Take a look at the release of each game:

PS2--->GBA--->PS2--->DS--->Cell Phone--->PSP--->DS--->3DS---> NGP? (or vice versa with 3DS)----> PS3?

That's for one saga. One story. This is not a mario game where you can buy any installment without worrying about the plot. It has a linear narrative. A narrative which in itself is complex. And which jumps around as much as its consoles.

First game (KH1)---> Middle Game(CoM)--->Second Game(KH2)---->Middle Game to Second Game (Days)--->End of Second Game (coded)--->Prequel to First Game (BbS)--->Middle Game after Second Game (3DS)---> Middle Game from Prequel game to First Game (BbSv2)----> Third Game

The jump between consoles doesn't make the timeline any easier to follow.
All of this crap is making it harder and harder for new fans to jump in, and even harder for old fans to keep up.

With all of that in mind, having BbSv2 on the NGP is really stupid.
But it wouldn't be a surprising move at all.

Last edited:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Damn, Grass. You really worded it eloquently and perfectly; props for fighting the "just watch it online" thing too.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
well most importantly i would like to use 2 analog sticks

Well, that is all fine and dandy, because I do too, but seriously? Why not just wait for the next Saga to have a game on the NGP? It'll be a fresh start, for one thing. Second, it won't make this one saga get the record of being spread over more systems than any game saga out there.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
And before anyone brings up that bullshit argument that you can just "watch the videos on YouTube if you don't have the console," let me tell you that a video game is different from a movie in that respect.

I agree, though some will feel content with just a lesser experience rather than have to purchase every single handheld (and handheld itself) title that releases... That's too much money to be shelling out for every idea that runs a muck. It's not that important considering a good portion of the titles aren't very ground breaking to begin with. And if I buy BBS (was going to consider it until that secret movie in FM), I'd have to buy BBS 2 (which most likely will not be on the PSP), so instead, I decided not to buy either....

k99y77

Awards
Well, that is all fine and dandy, because I do too, but seriously? Why not just wait for the next Saga to have a game on the NGP? It'll be a fresh start, for one thing. Second, it won't make this one saga get the record of being spread over more systems than any game saga out there.
because its really far away i think there will be a new portable device by the time the next saga comes out.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
because its really far away i think there will be a new portable device by the time the next saga comes out.

And that is bad? If there is a new portable device, it'll probably be much better than the NGP. I can bet that right now you have a PS3. Now, tell me, what is the difference between the PS3 and the NGP? Portability and touch screen capabilities. Two things that, in the long run, do not really matter. You'll probably end up playing the game at home most of the time because of convenience.

And the differences between the PSP and the NGP are the dual analog sticks, graphics, and touch screen. Those are three things that you did not need to enjoy BBS, and I can definitely bet you will not need to enjoy BBSv2.

k99y77

Awards
And that is bad? If there is a new portable device, it'll probably be much better than the NGP. I can bet that right now you have a PS3. Now, tell me, what is the difference between the PS3 and the NGP? Portability and touch screen capabilities. Two things that, in the long run, do not really matter. You'll probably end up playing the game at home most of the time because of convenience.

And the differences between the PSP and the NGP are the dual analog sticks, graphics, and touch screen. Those are three things that you did not need to enjoy BBS, and I can definitely bet you will not need to enjoy BBSv2.
yes your right we enjoyed BBS without graphics and dual analog etc but it would be more enjoyable if they did include those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back