• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why nobody wants BBSv2 go to NGP?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jelai

Website
space-paranoids.tumblr.com
And before anyone brings up that bullshit argument that you can just "watch the videos on YouTube if you don't have the console," let me tell you that a video game is different from a movie in that respect.

For a movie, it doesn't matter under what context you're watching it, because the object IS to watch it. A video game has two components. You watch it for the storyline (generally nowadays) AND, more importantly, you play it. To separate the two is to miss out on the whole experience. I don't want to just watch cutscenes of KH3D on YouTube because that's not what KH3D IS.

Now, granted, I haven't had this issue since I've had each console it's been on, but the handful of irl friends of mine that like KH have not been so lucky. They don't have a DS or a PSP. And they don't just want to go research the game because that would defeat the purpose. So they're tired of trying to play catch up with the series, and it has essentially been lost to them.

Hell, even if you DO have each console, you'd figure they'd have a bit more consistency as opposed to spreading the series as thin as possible across systems. Take a look at the release of each game:

PS2--->GBA--->PS2--->DS--->Cell Phone--->PSP--->DS--->3DS---> NGP? (or vice versa with 3DS)----> PS3?

That's for one saga. One story. This is not a mario game where you can buy any installment without worrying about the plot. It has a linear narrative. A narrative which in itself is complex. And which jumps around as much as its consoles.

First game (KH1)---> Middle Game(CoM)--->Second Game(KH2)---->Middle Game to Second Game (Days)--->End of Second Game (coded)--->Prequel to First Game (BbS)--->Middle Game after Second Game (3DS)---> Middle Game from Prequel game to First Game (BbSv2)----> Third Game

The jump between consoles doesn't make the timeline any easier to follow.
All of this crap is making it harder and harder for new fans to jump in, and even harder for old fans to keep up.

With all of that in mind, having BbSv2 on the NGP is really stupid.
But it wouldn't be a surprising move at all.

Well said, Grass.

Seriously, the way the KH series is going is more like to hurt than improve Square-Enix financially. I know that Sony and Nintendo just want to sell their consoles, but for god sakes, why couldn't they just do that for Final Fantasy instead since Final Fantasy is more like Mario than Kingdom Hearts is? Or SE should just remake a lot of its PSX games for these new consoles than rely solely on Kingdom Hearts as the cash cow.

I'm glad that CoM was finally ported to the PS2, but I don't know why Nomura would ever want BBS on the PSP. Screenshots of BBS' early development stages looked it was originally going to be for the PS2. I mean for crying out loud, a good chunk of BBS' data couldn't run smoothly on a UMD had it not been for the data installation stuff and whatnot.

Monoochrom

It doesn't really matter to me how many Handhelds they use, I could care less, atleast if they would do 1 fuking thing. Port it to the bigger Consoles! It isn't a big deal, they all have online Shops for smaller Titles and actually making the Series available to Fans who aren't willing to shell out hundreds for every title just might be a good idea. All this tells me is that they simply don't give two shi ts about the Fans. Hence FMs and everything else Japan exclusive, wow, talk about fan service, at times I really think they all deserve to be left standing in the rain for the way the western market is treated, I'd really like to see how well SE would be fending after that xD

Lord Atomsk

It's impossible to get started without spending a few hundred on just the consoles to play them on, it is insane and to me the storyline really just isn't worth it. The gameplay may be fun, and this is especially so in BBS, but as stated by almost everyone in this thread it is REALLY not worth it going out of your way to save up the kind of money it requires just to play every game in the franchise. I only bought KH1, KH2, and CoM for the GBA and although I may have absolutely LOVED 1/2, I didn't view it as being worth the continued investment (I would have bought BBS but my PSP isn't really functioning at the moment).

Aaand my thoughts on the whole possibility of the game being release for the NGP:

1. The dual analog feature of the NGP isn't really worth shelling out what I am anticipating to be a whopping $400.00 price tag when it releases, which is really the only feature that I think would actually enhance gameplay in any way.

2. The touchscreen/trackpad would probably just be used for finishers and minigames.

3. I couldn't care less about graphics, even if it could look as good as a PS3 title I wouldn't be spending that kind of money to play it.

So in the end, it would be more profitable to release BBSv2 for one of the existing consoles rather than trying to push a newer one at the cost of sales. I don't see this game coming out on the NGP, it just really wouldn't be worth it for Square, they would be losing a lot of money.

Decrith

You have no idea what others went through to get the KH games on those systems. I had to save money just for a PSP by selling some of my older games. I would hate to sell my new PSP just for the NPG!

I'm having the same situation for the DS. I had to save money and sell some of my old games just to buy a DS, now 3DS is coming out and I might have to sell it just to play KH3D. Its so annoying how much money you can spend on a game.

BTW, I blame Japan for being rich.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned

Hence this is why I been shouting for the umpteenth time on this issue. But fuck you members of KHI. Fuck you.

Not only there is a story problem, but there's going to be a consistent quality problem. That's what the KH series is thanks to its multiple entries on the other console. But...

...to be fair, I want Birth by Sleep V2 to go to the NGP. Why? Because the PSP is over five years old, have a poor support of games and it's long overdue for a new handheld. The fact is, that people who complain about it going to the NGP is going to be the same group of people who still want a new installment on the PS2. In which case, stop being a poor bastard, trying to limit the potential of video games on a old hardware and save some money to jump on a new hardware.

Also. There are other games besides Kingdom Hearts that's worth getting an NGP for. Really, it's like all you fuckers just play Kingdom Hearts.

Monoochrom

That your oppinion, thus far I've seen nothing apart from Ocarina that would interest me for either Console, and even that is just a Remake. and if were talking about limiting Games on Hardware, stop buying Consoles at all.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
That your oppinion

Are you lionbarrage by any chance? Seriously you sound a lot like him, just that you actually spell correctly. But other than that, I absolutely hate that argument that "It's your opinion". It's a weak argument for someone who's backed up against the wall.

and if were talking about limiting Games on Hardware, stop buying Consoles at all.

Or pretty much, 'I save enough to get one. Everyone else whines on about being on a next gen console'. Well you know, because new hardware come on the market and we must exploit it by developing new software for it?

You know, that little information.

Monoochrom

1. It IS your oppinion. Your oppinion isn't a fact and therefore it isn't an arguement at all. But judging by other posts I've seen from you, you have problems comprehending that. And I have no idea who this lionbarrage is.

2. What? If you have any idea whatsoever then you KNOW as in FACT that Consoles hold gaming back. Simply because, well duh, they don't bring out new Versions for Years on end. PCs laugh at the best the Consoles have to offer.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
1. It IS your oppinion.

OPINION GOD DAMMIT.

Your oppinion isn't a fact and therefore it isn't an arguement at all.

As I said. If you're going to challenge my views, then using the word 'opinion' is not going to give you brownie points.

But judging by other posts I've seen from you, you have problems comprehending that.

And you people cannot seem to comprehend that this is a fucking forum where I am allowed to have my fucking view and that if anyone else wants to challenge my fucking view, then they should offer their fucking view.

Not ending an argument with "it's your opinion"

And I have no idea who this lionbarrage is.

Some moron on another forum who has bad grammatical issues, spellings, is in his 20s and is somewhat a site staff. However you seem to be in your 20s and spell 'oppinion', when it is suppose to be opinion.

2. What? If you have any idea whatsoever then you KNOW as in FACT that Consoles hold gaming back.

I full know that. I do play games on the PC. I am not a ignorant fool who like every other tards on this websites, never heard of gaming on a PC or playing anything that isn't Kingdom Hearts.

Simply because, well duh, they don't bring out new Versions for Years on end. PCs laugh at the best the Consoles have to offer.

Pretty much. However. If there is a new version of a console coming out, then everyone should try and support it within the first year. Because it's good for the industry and for the games. Since a KH game won't ever come out on PC, might as well get it on a powerful console at least.

Decrith

I love how this thread is now about spell checking.

Anyway @Chrono Mizaki
You shouldn't bash people because of their grammar/spelling. Not everyone can read/write/speak english perfectly.

Now moving on to the topic.
I can see you're point, KH is a very good game, and it deserves to be in the best consoles. However, we live in a world where the world's economy sucks like ****, and not everyone can afford most consoles or all of them even if they save up they'd be sacrificing a lot just to get a game.

Honestly, I'm sure 90% of people would agree that if they were super rich or at least can afford all those different consoles(by saving up JUST A LITTLE BIT), they wouldn't mind if the game is in different consoles, sadly thats not the case. No matter how hard we try, not everyone is gifted economically.

Monoochrom

OPINION GOD DAMMIT.

Learn some basic grammer, then we'll talk.

As I said. If you're going to challenge my views, then using the word 'opinion' is not going to give you brownie points.

You really don't get it, do you? I don't care if you think that there are other games worth getting the system for, I DON'T. Get that? Did it sink into your thick little head? You can buy it for all I care, none of the thus far announced games entice me whatsoever, therefore, no reason to buy either.

And you people cannot seem to comprehend that this is a fucking forum where I am allowed to have my fucking view and that if anyone else wants to challenge my fucking view, then they should offer their fucking view.

Fucking fuck! Fuckity fuck fuck fuck!!! Big boy. Not my problem if you can't comprehend the views of others. But yeah, I challenge your views *rolleyes* so what?

Not ending an argument with "it's your opinion"

What argument? You think it's worth it, I don't. Where do you see a argument? Do you have so serious self-esteem issuses that your world falls apart when I don't agree with you? As I've said before, go see a (so you understand) fucking psychiatrist.

Some moron on another forum who has bad grammatical issues, spellings, is in his 20s and is somewhat a site staff. However you seem to be in your 20s and spell 'oppinion', when it is suppose to be opinion.

Check your next sentence before saying one word about anyone's grammer or spelling. Your one to talk.

I full know that. I do play games on the PC. I am not a ignorant fool who like every other tards on this websites, never heard of gaming on a PC or playing anything that isn't Kingdom Hearts.

This is just so wrong I don't even know where to start. But you know what? I'm not as petty as you are, so I'll just leave you to wonder.

Pretty much. However. If there is a new version of a console coming out, then everyone should try and support it within the first year. Because it's good for the industry and for the games. Since a KH game won't ever come out on PC, might as well get it on a powerful console at least.

No Console sells = Games made for PC Hurr Durr

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
Learn some basic grammer, then we'll talk.

The difference is that I try to be comprehensible.

You really don't get it, do you? I don't care if you think that there are other games worth getting the system for, I DON'T. Get that? Did it sink into your thick little head? You can buy it for all I care, none of the thus far announced games entice me whatsoever, therefore, no reason to buy either.

Why bother arguing with me? If you don't care, then don't mention it. As of now, you did quote me. And you know what, I am going to quote you back. You don't like it? Tough. Don't quote or reply to me.

freaking freak! freakity freak freak freak!!! Big boy.

Hitler is an awesome person. Oh wait. 'F uck'

Not my problem if you can't comprehend the views of others. But yeah, I challenge your views *rolleyes* so what?

And thus, you have done. And when you challenge the views of mine as well as anyone else, you fight back with your views.

What argument? You think it's worth it, I don't.

Oh I don't see worth in this argument. The fact is that you think my argument has some worth is very flattering. In fact, you're wanking me off and I'm enjoying it. Now baby, get me to climax.

Where do you see a argument?

Well, you saw the argument.

Do you have so serious self-esteem issuses that your world falls apart when I don't agree with you?

Plenty of people disagree with me and I accept them. The difference is that they can accept the criticism and still enjoy. Or they say "Well it doesn't bother me and I respect your opinion. But I enjoy the game". I'm fine.

However when someone comes up to me and say "Well that is your opinion" without explaination why, is where it annoys me.

As I've said before, go see a (so you understand) freaking psychiatrist.

No. They cost money and I don't want to listen to a stupid woman who will tell me that it's 'man's fault'. And I don't see how it would get rid of my argumentative nature since... I love arguing?

Check your next sentence before saying one word about anyone's grammer or spelling. Your one to talk.

I spell correctly and I try to make coherent sense. That's all there is to it for me. Heck, use a spell checker in Mozilla or Chrome. If you don't have either, download one.

No Console sells = Games made for PC Hurr Durr

Not necessarily. There is Cloud Gaming as well as Facebook and App Games.

Monoochrom

The difference is that I try to be comprehensible.

Try harder.

Why bother arguing with me? If you don't care, then don't mention it. As of now, you did quote me. And you know what, I am going to quote you back. You don't like it? Tough. Don't quote or reply to me.
Because your a deranged lunatic looking for a fight, a fight I'm glad to give, never mind beating the living cra p out of someone ;)

Hitler is an awesome person. Oh wait. 'F uck'
I agree. You do know you'd be amoung the first to go under his regime? Soll ich dir mal ein paar Blausäurekapseln holen? Dann kannst du deinen Idol näher sein.

And thus, you have done. And when you challenge the views of mine as well as anyone else, you fight back with your views.
There is no challenging views. I don't care if you like it or not, I don't. You can love all the announced games as much as you want, that doesn't make them good games or worthy of buying in my eyes.

Oh I don't see worth in this argument. The fact is that you think my argument has some worth is very flattering. In fact, you're wanking me off and I'm enjoying it. Now baby, get me to climax.
So your a deranged, homosexual lunatic, interesting. Anyway, keep that dream of yours alive, god knows it's the closet your ever gonna get.

Well, you saw the argument.
No, you fabricated one. You don't really think I'm going to let your little fantasy run wild do you? No, I see someone like you and my first impulse is attack. See, your pretty full of yourself, problem is, I'm still better at this then you are ;) no matter how much you believe in yourself. The result of this will be that you will just keep answering and answering and time and time again I will make you look like a fool until you don't have any answers left. So, why don't you just save us all the time, apologize and give up now? Make it easier on yourself, I don't want to end up sending you into a homicidal fit, suicidal perhaps, but not homicidal, just give up while you still can.

Plenty of people disagree with me and I accept them. The difference is that they can accept the criticism and still enjoy. Or they say "Well it doesn't bother me and I respect your opinion. But I enjoy the game". I'm fine.

However when someone comes up to me and say "Well that is your opinion" without explaination why, is where it annoys me.
Sorry, I didn't notice your mental handicap until it was too late, I actually expected you would pick up ''The announced games aren't worth it for me'', how foolish of me to expect such a high mental capacity of you. If things worked the way you seem to think I could say ''I don't think gravity is a reality'' and you'd fly up to the sky (which would be benificial come to think about it), hopefully into the engine of the nearest jet. Sadly, me just saying something doesn't make it a fact and the same goes for you. Oh woe is me, if only I had these powers I could have easily ridden the world of the plague that is you.

No. They cost money and I don't want to listen to a stupid woman who will tell me that it's 'man's fault'. And I don't see how it would get rid of my argumentative nature since... I love arguing?
Strangely your not very good at it. Might be time for you to look for a new hobby. I've heard knitting is a good way for lunatics to calm down or perhaps reading more, that would even help you with your terrible text interpretation. But, just for the record, that stupid woman has a degree, what do you have? Oh right, absolutely nothing.

I spell correctly and I try to make coherent sense. That's all there is to it for me. Heck, use a spell checker in Mozilla or Chrome. If you don't have either, download one.
Learn when to use plural and when not. Spelling correctly doesn't help when you don't know how to word a sentence.

Not necessarily. There is Cloud Gaming as well as Facebook and App Games.
*facepalm* Seriously? Cloud Gaming (as in, the Game is installed on a Server and your streaming it) and Facebook and App Games are all PC Gaming. You fail at life.

But you know what, atleast your good for (a) laugh(ing at), I have to give you that.

Princess-Sammi

And before anyone brings up that bullshit argument that you can just "watch the videos on YouTube if you don't have the console," let me tell you that a video game is different from a movie in that respect.

I'm personally not allowed to buy every single console that's ever been invented and I'm content with researching the series. However, I do see where you're coming from.

For a movie, it doesn't matter under what context you're watching it, because the object IS to watch it. A video game has two components. You watch it for the storyline (generally nowadays) AND, more importantly, you play it. To separate the two is to miss out on the whole experience. I don't want to just watch cutscenes of KH3D on YouTube because that's not what KH3D IS.

I agree - hence why I bought a PSP and BBS in the end; I saw how excellent the gameplay was and couldn't resist. Watching cutscenes really isn't as fulfilling as playing a KH game.

The jump between consoles doesn't make the timeline any easier to follow.
All of this crap is making it harder and harder for new fans to jump in, and even harder for old fans to keep up.

You've hit the nail right on the head there. That's all I can say to that.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
i'd rather the game be on a console that i own and don't have to sell my soul for.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I can't afford an NGP and it will take an eternity to make it with those graphics. I think the game should come to PSP instead or atleast if they make it to GNP they should port it over to the PS3 as well but Nomura doesn't seem to want any KH game before KH 3 on consol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back