• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why Kingdom Hearts is amazing:

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnlockedMemories

No, this isn't a thread of me preaching about how 'tutally awesome' the series is. This is me providing something in depth, something why I think the series is great. A lot of people believe the combination of Disney and FF is the worse thing they ever heard of, but once I started playing the games, I discovered they were so much more than that.

The Kingdom Hearts series is about all of our lives. We can all be thought of as Sora. Although we may not always show it, Sora shows our bravery, our caring natures, and how meaningful people can be in our lives. We all start off as someone who starts off in a small world, and eventually grow and move on to bigger and better things. (Destiny Islands) Some people move on, and some people change (Riku), but others will always be in your heart...and you'll count the days when you see them again. (Kairi, and Riku)

Now as you make your way through your life, you will be tried to stopped by people who will only try to bring you down. (Heartless) You will find people who fake who they are, and lack the emotions of understanding. (Nobodies of Organization XIII) However, you'll be making new friends as you go on (Donald and Goofy), and meet many kind people (All of the Disney characters.) They'll help you, and make you a better person through it all, even if things grow tough. They'll strengthen your heart, and make you have such good memories.

---

Now that that's out of the way. One of the main reasons why people don't seem to give Kingdom Hearts a chance, is because of the combination of Disney/Final Fantasy characters. Although they seem like they don't belong together at all, they go very well with Kingdom Hearts' story of maturing and growing up.

The Disney characters show your childhood. Something to hold onto when things get rough. The simple happiness they brought. If you were like me, you grew up with Disney, and loved the characters and stories they told. Sure, as you grow older, you begin to reject some parts of your childhood..finding them, well, childish. However, in the back of your mind, you always think fondly of them..because they're what shaped you as a person, and your imagination. Disney is good at giving hopes and dreams to the young through their comical characters and good messages.

The Final Fantasy characters show how you are now. They're mature, stronger, and know how to get to work. However, many of them are still kind. When you mature, your tastes in games change as well. Something more actiony, something more dynamic. We grew out of the simplicity of Disney, although we still can appreciate it. This is where the heroes of the Final Fantasy genre come in, and all of the elements of it.

Now we combine them together. Your childhood meets your present self, and you develop all that makes up you. The innocence and fun of your childhood, and the strength of heart you develop as you begin to mature. Kingdom Hearts shows this. Not only the series itself, but the actual Kingdom Hearts itself. It's the heart of all worlds. The Heart of all the corners of your mind. The Heart of all that makes up yourself. It's the most powerful heart of all...your heart. But without the 'hearts' of all the smaller things, it wouldn't be this strong. The Nobodies will try to take away who you are, but you'll be strong enough to overcome that.

--

This, is why I think the Kingdom Hearts series is absolutely beautiful, and a masterpiece in all of it's own.

Last edited:

Sacred X

Freshmeat
Kingdom Hearts is pretty much the only video game series I still play, and I love how it's turning out. Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+ really sparked my permanent interest in the series.

Like you said, they actually made a series that combines Disney with Final Fantasy and made it good. Who would've thought it were possible?

Khfan01

I think this is something what I thought or relate to in real life. I think it is wonderful.

A

Azrael

you're kidding right?
If you're not (which I hope you are kidding) why choose to stay on a forum dedicated to Kingdom Hearts

Because the rest of the forums isn't dedicated to a faggy video game series. I for one prefer Dead Space over Kingdom Hearts.

Necromorphs pwns Heartless.

αsiя

space coke
Plumbers Dont Wear Ties is wayy better than Kingdom Hearts

Why...?

What are you, a stalker? I mean, do you normally l
Because the rest of the forums isn't dedicated to a faggy video game series. I for one prefer Dead Space over Kingdom Hearts.

Necromorphs pwns Heartless.
Actually, if you prefer ANY game over KH, you never should have made an account on this site. If you think KH is shit, you never should have typed 'www.khinsider.com' into your addres bar.
The site is called KHinsider, as in Kingdom Hearts Insider, not Kid Haters Insider. I think you would have figured that out, what with all the Kingdom hearts stuff all over the site.
If you like Dead Space, you go to dsinsider. Oh wait, that dosn't exist, because insiders are only made for GOOD games, with an actuall, compelling, complex storyline.
UnlockedMemories, I'm with you. Everyone who agrees with me on everything I just said, quote me, and we can ban these KH haters.

thesupersakura

Wow. Very deep actually, I agree with you UnlockedMemories, very meaningful analysis you made there. I made that with Final Fantasy X heh.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
you're kidding right?
If you're not (which I hope you are kidding) why choose to stay on a forum dedicated to Kingdom Hearts

It's simple. People are "cool" for going against the norm. Go to any forum dedicated to any game, anime, or TV show, and you'll see members bashing the series or "talking down" to the creator. Just ignore them.

A

Azrael

Actually, if you prefer ANY game over KH, you never should have made an account on this site. If you think KH is shit, you never should have typed 'www.khinsider.com' into your addres bar.
The site is called KHinsider, as in Kingdom Hearts Insider, not Kid Haters Insider. I think you would have figured that out, what with all the Kingdom hearts stuff all over the site.
If you like Dead Space, you go to dsinsider. Oh wait, that dosn't exist, because insiders are only made for GOOD games, with an actuall, compelling, complex storyline.
UnlockedMemories, I'm with you. Everyone who agrees with me on everything I just said, quote me, and we can ban these KH haters.

Most of us liked Kingdom Hearts when it was at its zenith at around I and CoM but once II came around, most of us became disillusioned but because of the friends we made here on the site, we decided to stick around.

Dude. Dead Space is an amazing game that pawns Kingdom Hearts. KH isn't that deep. Well any KH game past I and maybe (pushing it) Chain of Memories.

Raiinu K.D.

Awards
Kingdom Hearts could have been better. It's okay.

It could have been worse as well. Let's take a look at the positives, eh?

It's simple. People are "cool" for going against the norm. Go to any forum dedicated to any game, anime, or TV show, and you'll see members bashing the series or "talking down" to the creator. Just ignore them.

Truer words have never been spoken.

On topic: UnlockedMemories, I love you so much for writing all of this. I mean... You took every aspect of the story and brought out the symbolism inside them perfectly. I agree with this all wholeheartedly; Kingdom Hearts really has a genius, touching theme that wouldn't be possible without the incredibly odd combination of Disney and Square. Good show!!

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Way to go, Peacemaker... no really, I'll be nice once people stop calling KH shit, and, personally, my fav game is SSB, but KH is like 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 points lower.
You know, people have their opinions, and honestly, as a semi-semi-big fan of the series, I can totally see why people don't like/bash Kingdom Hearts. Not to mention this site isn't entirely about KH, and I bet you if it was entirely KH, not as much people would be on here. :v

At the current point in the series, I think KH is pretty good. KH2 took it down the wrong path, and Days somewhat redeemed the series. I am exicted for BBS and I'm exicted :]

And I agree with the OP here, KH is a very nostalgic game, and whenever I play it, I get such a good feeling with all of your favorite Disney characters when you were young. KH is basically my escape from modern day TV (especially with this crap on Disney channel). You just gotta love seeing the old stuff. And the original characters are amazing, too.

KH is one of my guilty pleasures. <3

A

Azrael

It could have been worse as well. Let's take a look at the positives, eh?

It could had been a lot better in several parts. KH1 was near perfect. CoM is behind though I never liked the card battling and everything else is going way down in the following order: II and Days.

I don't think Sora, Xehanort and Kairi spamming is all that needed.

Kingdom Hearts was genius and Chains of Memories gave Sora and Riku shitloads of character development. Hell even Organization XIII had more development in Chain of Memories than in Days or in Kingdom Hearts II.

Why...?

What are you, a stalker? I mean, do you normally l
Most of us liked Kingdom Hearts when it was at its zenith at around I and CoM but once II came around, most of us became disillusioned but because of the friends we made here on the site, we decided to stick around.

Dude. Dead Space is an amazing game that pawns Kingdom Hearts. KH isn't that deep. Well any KH game past I and maybe (pushing it) Chain of Memories.
Yo, sorry dude. Now that I think about it, I fased out of KH two years ago, and im all protective cuz im syched about BbS coming out, ya know? Shouldn't have trashed Dead Space like that. I haven't even heard of it. There are just people that peeve me on this site.

A

Azrael

Yo, sorry dude. Now that I think about it, I fased out of KH two years ago, and im all protective cuz im syched about BbS coming out, ya know? Shouldn't have trashed Dead Space like that. I haven't even heard of it. There are just people that peeve me on this site.

I like Kingdom Hearts but I feel that it could be shitloads better on a whole bunch of things. And dude don't ever trash Dead Space. It's the shit but still BBS isn't really as good as I'm hoping it out to be.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Kingdom Hearts, I've only played Kingdom Hearts 358/2 on the DS. It was fun, but some of the missions got boring and some were even challenging. It is the game of the KH series I've ever played, though. I hope in the future I get play more of the games.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Brava, brava! Very nicely said. I like how you analized every thing in such a way and gave it maturely.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
I like Kingdom Hearts but I feel that it could be shitloads better on a whole bunch of things. And dude don't ever trash Dead Space. It's the shit but still BBS isn't really as good as I'm hoping it out to be.
Basically this. I think Kingdom Hearts has a pretty great storyline, it just has so much potential into being better. For example, being more serious (yay for BBS :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back