• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why KH3D Sora & Riku Look like KH1 SR and Other Things.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unumus

Awards
I think that the reason why Sora and Riku look like how they did in KH1 is because Yen Sid kind of... Reverted them, if you will, back to "square one" wich means that Sora no longer has his KH2 clothes for the time being because he can use the magic in the garments to go into Drive Forms. The reason why Yen Sid may have done this is to test Sora and Riku's TRUE power and strength. A reason why they could have been in Traverse Town (although they may have just flown there in the Gummi Ship) is that Yen Sid could have kind of made them think that they were there. The how, I cannot think of at this moment. If you would like yo build on it or defragment it and find every flaw possible, go ahead but no flaming. Just my 2 cents. :D

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I think that the reason why Sora and Riku look like how they did in KH1 is because Yen Sid kind of... Reverted them, if you will, back to "square one" wich means that Sora no longer has his KH2 clothes for the time being because he can use the magic in the garments to go into Drive Forms. The reason why Yen Sid may have done this is to test Sora and Riku's TRUE power and strength. A reason why they could have been in Traverse Town (although they may have just flown there in the Gummi Ship) is that Yen Sid could have kind of made them think that they were there. The how, I cannot think of at this moment. If you would like yo build on it or defragment it and find every flaw possible, go ahead but no flaming. Just my 2 cents. :D

I agree, I think it's very possible Yen Sid reverted them back to their strength when their journies first began at the start of KH1 (Basicaly when Sora went to Traverse Town and Riku ended up in Hollow Bastion and got Soul Eater) so he can test their true strength.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
i love the quote in ur sig lol.

moving on i believe that he will be exploring the data inside of his dreams "hence the first D in the title" so when he went to sleep he was in Kh1 attire and he knew riku to be in it as well. also in the trailer it says "sleeping and waking"

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

moving on i believe that he will be exploring the data inside of his dreams "hence the first D in the title" so when he went to sleep he was in Kh1 attire and he knew riku to be in it as well. also in the trailer it says "sleeping and waking"

Yeah but if the whole game took place in a dream world then Notre Dame wouldn't be there. In Sora's dreams he should only see Worlds he has been to already. Obviously he's never been to Notre Dame. So I think that only part of the game is in the dream world, maybe at the end of the game or something. I think most of the game will be in the real world.

Unumus

Awards

I was actually going to put in something in about the dream thing and how maybe it meant that they could Dream that they were in places, like in the trailer, he jumps off a frickin' bell tower but decided that it may seem stupid. Thx about the sig quote thing!

Destiny's End

The Best in the World at What I Do
I agree, I think it's very possible Yen Sid reverted them back to their strength when their journies first began at the start of KH1 (Basicaly when Sora went to Traverse Town and Riku ended up in Hollow Bastion and got Soul Eater) so he can test their true strength.

I still don't understand why he would revert them to their KH1 forms to test their strength. Am I missing something?

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I still don't understand why he would revert them to their KH1 forms to test their strength. Am I missing something?

The only reason I can come up with is maybe by reverting Sora and Riku to their KH1 forms it forces them to use the strength of their heart more than just their physical strength which in turn test their hearts which is what the mark of mastery exam is all about.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
Yeah but if the whole game took place in a dream world then Notre Dame wouldn't be there. In Sora's dreams he should only see Worlds he has been to already. Obviously he's never been to Notre Dame. So I think that only part of the game is in the dream world, maybe at the end of the game or something. I think most of the game will be in the real world.

i dont mean in the dream world necessarily. in ansems data, basically it could be a real world that ansem knows about. idk at this point there isnt really any basic foundation for a theory

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
i dont mean in the dream world necessarily. in ansems data, basically it could be a real world that ansem knows about. idk at this point there isnt really any basic foundation for a theory

Eh...that doesn't sound like KH at all. Since we're having new worlds, it seems like Sora would be going to real worlds and making real friendships. If they go into a dream/Data world then I think it will be something like the final world of the game or something.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
Eh...that doesn't sound like KH at all. Since we're having new worlds, it seems like Sora would be going to real worlds and making real friendships. If they go into a dream/Data world then I think it will be something like the final world of the game or something.

i agree about making real friendships, it makes sense.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
The only reason I can come up with is maybe by reverting Sora and Riku to their KH1 forms it forces them to use the strength of their heart more than just their physical strength which in turn test their hearts which is what the mark of mastery exam is all about.
My theory was that Yen Sid puts them in a dream like state, and reverts them to their former selves. This causes them to journey together/journey apart but rely on each other to fulfill the tasks ahead of them. Since Sora and Riku haven't worked together the whole series except for the final battle with Xemnas. This would present the theme of trust and allow them to essentially grow together.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I kinda hope if that dream theory is correct, it works like how in The 3rd Birthday there is something like the Overdrive system. Not the actual system but the idea that Aya was out in the real world in another's body but her real body was inside of a machine connected to the system. But with Sora and Riku, their dream self enters the real world. It is exactly like a real body except dying as a dream can knock them awake and out of the system and it serves as a tool of healing and training. It unlocks abilities they would otherwise have to spend years learning to do.

Or kinda like how Tidus is a dream, but it is Sora and Riku dreaming themselves into reality.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I kinda hope if that dream theory is correct, it works like how in The 3rd Birthday there is something like the Overdrive system. Not the actual system but the idea that Aya was out in the real world in another's body but her real body was inside of a machine connected to the system. But with Sora and Riku, their dream self enters the real world. It is exactly like a real body except dying as a dream can knock them awake and out of the system and it serves as a tool of healing and training. It unlocks abilities they would otherwise have to spend years learning to do.

Or kinda like how Tidus is a dream, but it is Sora and Riku dreaming themselves into reality.
That's a really interesting concept (hasn't played the 3rd birthday), that would essentially mean they would be visiting these worlds in reality too wouldn't it?

Also, that was depressing that he was a dream.

[Zidane]

I'm Curious As To What The Distance Is For.....The Game Seems To Feature Them Two With Eachother The Entire Time....

Roronoa Zoro

Always on the lookout for aliens
Don't really see why you should care but I might b

Yeah that is a good concept. Sora and Riku both kind of had help in KH2. Sora had about 3 different personalities giving him extra strength, and Riku used XH. Yen Sid wants them to hone their bodies so that they can be strong keyblade masters without using the powers given to them. That's probably why in the trailer you can see Sora and Riku using the environment more, like spinning on poles and jumping on walls, they're learning how to fight smarter. Not sure what'll happen when the training ends, I guess he'll give them they're powers back, but there's the whole 'shocking ending' thing to consider.

Stars

リク

This makes sense as to why Sora and Riku are in KH1 form.

Destiny's End

The Best in the World at What I Do

I like this idea. Hopefully that's what they do in KH 3D

Unumus

Awards
Yeah that is a good concept. Sora and Riku both kind of had help in KH2. Sora had about 3 different personalities giving him extra strength, and Riku used XH. Yen Sid wants them to hone their bodies so that they can be strong keyblade masters without using the powers given to them. That's probably why in the trailer you can see Sora and Riku using the environment more, like spinning on poles and jumping on walls, they're learning how to fight smarter. Not sure what'll happen when the training ends, I guess he'll give them they're powers back, but there's the whole 'shocking ending' thing to consider.
Yeah this is exactly what i was going for but couldnt quite put it in words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back