• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

why isisnt Randall boggs the world boss in monsters inc?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

kklown

i thought u where supposed to battle the main antagonist like in all previous kh games

but there only some random heartless that square enix decided to come up with :(

kklown

Spoiler Spoiler Show

is pixas entertainment is not allowing their main antagonists to fight, then why did they let davy jones fight? :( migjht as well take him off too

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
is pixas entertainment is not allowing their main antagonists to fight, then why did they let davy jones fight? :( migjht as well take him off too
Davy Jones isnt Pixar.

If it's true Pixar forbade Randall from being a boss that's a shame. There was a disappointing lack of Disney bosses and he was one of the ones I was looking forward to fighting the most

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Disney doesn’t seem open to the idea of fighting villains that weren’t fighters already, and SE isn’t really going to push against that.

Disney and Pixar are protective of the depiction of their characters.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Your guess is as good as anyone else's.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Disney doesn’t seem open to the idea of fighting villains that weren’t fighters already, and SE isn’t really going to push against that.

What's odd in Randall's case is that he already was somewhat of a fighter. He proved to be deadly and cunning in the film thanks to his cloaking. Nearly killed Sully a few times

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
What's odd in Randall's case is that he already was somewhat of a fighter. He proved to be deadly and cunning in the film thanks to his cloaking. Nearly killed Sully a few times

Yeah, Randall even tries to choke Sulley out at the end of the film.

But now we have Monsters University’s story that painted Randall as a sweetheart gone bitter and jaded, and I think that’s probably affecting how he is depicted now in the present.

I don’t really get Disney or Pixar’s logic on anything ahaha

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I was so looking forward to fighting Randall in the game and was disappointed when I couldn't. He's one of my favorite Pixar villains. It would be like creating a Bug's Life world but not being allowed to fight Hopper (another Pixar villain I hope someday makes it to Kingdom Hearts) but I didn't know Pixar requested him not being fightable. What a shame.

Soldier

Awards
I was so looking forward to fighting Randall in the game and was disappointed when I couldn't. He's one of my favorite Pixar villains. It would be like creating a Bug's Life world but not being allowed to fight Hopper (another Pixar villain I hope someday makes it to Kingdom Hearts) but I didn't know Pixar requested him not being fightable. What a shame.
TO BE FAIR, Randall doesn't possess any true combat prowess aside from nearly strangling Sulley a few times by using his cloaking ability. It would probably a difficult fight to animate considering how thin Sora is compared to Randall. It'd be different if he had some sort of venomous bile that he can spit, or if he turned into a heartless that utilized both cloaking and venom to challenge Sora and co. I mean, what is this? Psychonauts?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
TO BE FAIR, Randall doesn't possess any true combat prowess aside from nearly strangling Sulley a few times by using his cloaking ability. It would probably a difficult fight to animate considering how thin Sora is compared to Randall. It'd be different if he had some sort of venomous bile that he can spit, or if he turned into a heartless that utilized both cloaking and venom to challenge Sora and co. I mean, what is this? Psychonauts?
give him control over construction equipment like a wrecking ball idk.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

The Disney villains that we fought are:
Clayton, Hades, Jafar, Ursula, Oogie Boogie, Captain Hook, Maleficent, Chernobog, Shang Yu, Pete, Barbossa, Scar, The MCP/Stark, Lucifer, Experiment 221, Gantu, The Magic Mirror (Unversed?), Rinzler, The Beagle Boys, Davy Jones, and Dark Baymax.

I think the only ones there that I would think are really fighters are: Clayton, Hades, Captain Hook, Chernobog, Shang Yu, Pete (sort of), Barbossa, Scar, Gantu, The Beagle Boys and Davy Jones. I don't get that restriction at all. If they can have us fight the Magic Mirror, I'm sure they could find some way for us to fight Randall.

disney233

Awards
The same reason Zurg isn't one. Restriction. Frankly as I said before, like someone said above, it's...HARD to see any of the villains in the movies we went in as bosses anyway. The only way for it to be possible is just another cheapshot by making them Heartless or fight with Heartless. (which...they technically delivered with Hans and Gothel). Either way, doesn't help with restriction. So should any other Pixar films make appearances in the KH series, I'm not gonna anticipate them to be bosses.

Clayton, Hades, Jafar, Ursula, Oogie Boogie, Captain Hook, Maleficent, Chernobog, Shang Yu, Pete, Barbossa, Scar, The MCP/Stark, Lucifer, Experiment 221, Gantu, The Magic Mirror (Unversed?), Rinzler, The Beagle Boys, Davy Jones, and Dark Baymax.

I think the only ones there that I would think are really fighters are: Clayton, Hades, Captain Hook, Chernobog, Shang Yu, Pete (sort of), Barbossa, Scar, Gantu, The Beagle Boys and Davy Jones. I don't get that restriction at all. If they can have us fight the Magic Mirror, I'm sure they could find some way for us to fight Randall.

There's still a difference between renaissance Disney and Modern Disney & Pixar. Disney grows more distant and distant with Square to let them do anything,
Spoiler Spoiler Show
so in the end of the day, still depends on Disney giving Square the okay. Making Randall a fight brings the same caliber of making the most useless Disney villain like...Stromboli a fighter. They both seem more like schemers than actual fighters. Not much can be made for a boss fight, just like the rest of the villains we've encountered in 3 (minus the obvious like Davy Jones.)

kklown

square enix should release a kh 2 final half ass mix, and take off all the main disney villans and add a random ass heartless boss

for ex, in the lion king take off scar, and add a random heartless boss lmaooooooooooooooooo

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
square enix should release a kh 2 final half ass mix, and take off all the main disney villans and add a random ass heartless boss

for ex, in the lion king take off scar, and add a random heartless boss lmaooooooooooooooooo
Scar was a heartless in KH2.

I can kind of understand Randall, Gothel, and Hans not being boss fights. I could see them as a mid-world boss fight, where they just run away after rather than us killing them off. I just think that the gameplay style of KH3 lent itself to bigger bosses or multiple bosses at once (which is essentially what we got). I don't recall any boss fight in a very enclosed area in KH3 - which is what Randall/Gothel/Hans would have needed (without a giant heartless assist).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The difference in your list is that 1) most of the staff that worked on the traditional animated films don’t work at Disney anymore, so they aren’t around to give input or reject/approve ideas.

2) In the case of KH1, CoM, and KH2 when those people would have been around, Disney didn’t care all that much about Kingdom Hearts. Days, BBS, Re:coded existed in a period where Disney still didn’t care due to it being a bit of a transition period for the company and they had much more to worry about. That gave SE a bit of leniency in what they made.

3) Disney cares now, so now SE has to deal with their internal rules and the wishes of the various teams at Disney/Pixar. Pixar didn’t want Randall to be used as a punching bag. He wasn’t a fighter in the traditional sense. SE didn’t push back so we got what we got.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I am pleased that Pixar was fine with letting Sully manhandle Vanitas like a ragdoll. That made up for Randall not being a boss.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
The difference in your list is that 1) most of the staff that worked on the traditional animated films don’t work at Disney anymore, so they aren’t around to give input or reject/approve ideas.

2) In the case of KH1, CoM, and KH2 when those people would have been around, Disney didn’t care all that much about Kingdom Hearts. Days, BBS, Re:coded existed in a period where Disney still didn’t care due to it being a bit of a transition period for the company and they had much more to worry about. That gave SE a bit of leniency in what they made.

3) Disney cares now, so now SE has to deal with their internal rules and the wishes of the various teams at Disney/Pixar. Pixar didn’t want Randall to be used as a punching bag. He wasn’t a fighter in the traditional sense. SE didn’t push back so we got what we got.
This is what makes me worry a bit about KH's future. I definitely want more Disney in KH, but I don't want Disney (the company) to be involved in decisions on how the properties are used. I wish they didn't care what Square Enix did with KH.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I agree about Gothel and Hans. They're manipulators, not so much fighters.

Randall does feel like a missed opportunity to me. We could've chased him around the door conveyor belt as he used his invisibility to fool us. He could've operated some heavy machinery to try and kill us that we would have to break down first to get to him (a la Oogie). He could've been teamed up with an Unversed.

My favorite part of the first game was the role the Disney villains played, working together in a way that gave them real significance and threat. The series has lost its charm as this element has become less and less.

Back