• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

why isisnt Randall boggs the world boss in monsters inc?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
is pixas entertainment is not allowing their main antagonists to fight, then why did they let davy jones fight? :( migjht as well take him off too
The reason we didn't fight Randall was because of the restrictions made by Pixar. I'm disappointed we didn't fight Randall but unlike CLU, I guess it's understandable why Pixar did this because they didn't want him to be whacked with a keyblade and their very protective with their characters.

Be grateful we at least get to fight Davy Jones in KH3 and didn't suffer the same fate as Randall and especially CLU.

Disney doesn’t seem open to the idea of fighting villains that weren’t fighters already, and SE isn’t really going to push against that.

Disney and Pixar are protective of the depiction of their characters.
I think Pixar might've been VERY protective of not letting Randall become a boss and whack him with a Keyblade, which although I'm disappointed although unlike CLU (which that is another story) I guess I can understand why Pixar made that decision.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
TO BE FAIR, Randall doesn't possess any true combat prowess aside from nearly strangling Sulley a few times by using his cloaking ability. It would probably a difficult fight to animate considering how thin Sora is compared to Randall. It'd be different if he had some sort of venomous bile that he can spit, or if he turned into a heartless that utilized both cloaking and venom to challenge Sora and co. I mean, what is this? Psychonauts?
Neither was Oogie Boogie (aside from using exploding dice and slapping) all he did as shown in KH, KH2 and in the film he mostly uses his Booby traps doing the work. Fortunately, after getting past his traps or disabling them he's can be beaten to a pulp and it's a rinse and repeat (depending on the situation).

I think they could've made Randall a mix between the Sabor (cloaking/surprise abilities) and the Oogie Boogie (using the traps in the factory basement) fight. But I have a hunch that Pixar restricted him from making him a boss, which I can respectfully see why is that.

I am pleased that Pixar was fine with letting Sully manhandle Vanitas like a ragdoll. That made up for Randall not being a boss.
Same can be said for the Titans fight in Olympus and the Davy Jones fight in the Caribbean for making up Hades and Beckett not being bosses in the game, although personally I'm perfectly fine on Beckett not being a boss given that he's not much of a figther and let's the Flying Dutchman/Davy Jones, Mercer and his Soldiers doing the dirty work. lol :p

The Disney villains that we fought are:
Clayton, Hades, Jafar, Ursula, Oogie Boogie, Captain Hook, Maleficent, Chernobog, Shang Yu, Pete, Barbossa, Scar, The MCP/Stark, Lucifer, Experiment 221, Gantu, The Magic Mirror (Unversed?), Rinzler, The Beagle Boys, Davy Jones, and Dark Baymax.

I think the only ones there that I would think are really fighters are: Clayton, Hades, Captain Hook, Chernobog, Shang Yu, Pete (sort of), Barbossa, Scar, Gantu, The Beagle Boys and Davy Jones. I don't get that restriction at all. If they can have us fight the Magic Mirror, I'm sure they could find some way for us to fight Randall.
You forgot the Titans (Rock, Ice, Lava, Tornado) along with the Hydra and Cerberus.

But compared to Dream Drop Distance Disney bosses (which was 6) basically KH3's Disney bosses is a step above DDD but far below KH and KH2's Disney Bosses.

Last edited:

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I can't help but feel like Disney/Pixar's sanitation and meddling in the games is only going to get worse.

LostArtist

Awards
I just want a proper Frollo fight 😩, they had rinzler as a boss but not frollo? :unsure:

no one will ever know why

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
they will let you beat up a cat tho

You know, I think it boils down to the fact that the original creators of all the Disney worlds in Kingdom Hearts III are still around. Because of that, they're more restricted by default because Disney does not want their Kingdom Hearts iteration of said modern Disney properties to contradict the depictions in their feature films.

The original creative team for Hercules is no longer around which is why we were able to battle the Titans. The same could arguably be said for Pirates of the Caribbean and Davy Jones.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Does it matter if the development team is still around? Why do they get a say in how things are done for a movie that was released years ago? Isn't it Disney that can say what happens to their property? If people on the development team get to control things in KH, then I really hope they go back to older movies.

Back