• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why is there such a low completion rate on the HD collection?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
The games included in 1.5 are also extremely outdated, especially for those who have had the chance to experience Birth by Sleep or 3D. Nostalgia can only go so far, for both the dedicated fanbase and those who lost interest years ago.

Then there are some like me that just aren't really interested in getting 100%. Sure I get as close as possible to stretch the game but I don't always get 100%.
The thing keeping me from 100% in BBS was icecream beat. x[

Master Ultima

Awards
KH Re com uses a card battle system. I struggled with how the battle system and combat system works at first. Maybe the reason why people don't complete some of the games is because the battle system and combat system are too complex.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Well I'm not sure about everyone else, but I loved KH ever since it came out but originally being in a PAL region with my main console being the PS2, I missed a multitude of the games, especially Re:CoM (which REALLY confused me when I played KH2). So when I got the HD ReMix I was ecstatic and played all the games constantly. I've platinumed KH and Days but still have to do CoM, which personally I think isn't as bad as many make it out to be...

Not sure why people wouldn't have platinumed Days, because I'm pretty sure more then a fair share of the games purchasers bought it just for those cutscenes.

I hope you were able to get through the confusion of not having Re:CoM available to you and are able to enjoy everything now.

I don't know how people don't have all of the trophies for Days either. They are great scenes and all you have to do is watch them or at the very least skip through to get the trophies.

I feel you, man. I'm trying to platinum Tomb Raider first and then finish 1.5 but ugh.

I personally think I'll 100% everything in 2.5 before 1.5, which will make it extremely hard to go back to 1.5 considering how considerably slower the combat is in KHFM and Re:CoM.

Wait you're trying to platinum Tomb Raider? Even with those online trophies? Good luck. I own the game and enjoy it but I know I won't be platinuming that one. :/

That's funny because I feel the opposite. I feel I'll have a harder time platinuming 2.5 than 1.5. Mainly because Re:CoM is tedious but not to difficult but the KH2 and BBS trophies are probably going to cause me some problems.

MegaCore5

Awards
Then there are some like me that just aren't really interested in getting 100%. Sure I get as close as possible to stretch the game but I don't always get 100%.
The thing keeping me from 100% in BBS was icecream beat. x[
I feel like some of the trophies that were added in 1.5 distracted me from the game overall because I was too focused doing the most impossible side missions. Unchanging Armor was hard to say the least...

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I feel like some of the trophies that were added in 1.5 distracted me from the game overall because I was too focused doing the most impossible side missions. Unchanging Armor was hard to say the least...

It's not too bad if you go for it on Beginner. :wink: But if you try it on any other difficulty then it can be pretty difficult. :tongue:

nxtgarnett5

I've personally never played on beginner. But I feel like not a lot of people compete it because they have already complete it on ps2 so much that they lack the desire to complete it on ps3

MegaCore5

Awards
Playing kingdom hearts on beginner mode ruins all the fun because it ends to quickly. Plus I like it when I've been given a challenge and I feel more accomplish when I've beaten the game. On the other hand Proud mode has caused me to rage quit in the past...

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Completion, hmmm? Well, I'm not a completionist, myself. I've never gotten platinum on ANY game.I'm not sure why. I guess I just don't feel like it's necessary to my playing the game at all. I play the game for fun, not necessarily to be challenged. I usually put myself in the long haul because I love the story. The only games I've ever completed on my trophies list don't even HAVE a platinum...

nxtgarnett5

Completion, hmmm? Well, I'm not a completionist, myself. I've never gotten platinum on ANY game.I'm not sure why. I guess I just don't feel like it's necessary to my playing the game at all. I play the game for fun, not necessarily to be challenged. I usually put myself in the long haul because I love the story. The only games I've ever completed on my trophies list don't even HAVE a platinum...
But isn't being challenged part of the fun?

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I've never played Beginner myself. How much easier does it feel by comparison?

I never played Beginner mode before 1.5 either. I just played it to get the platinum. I don't usually go after too many platinums but I made it a mission to platinum all of the KH games because they deserve it! :p

I usually just enjoy the story as well but just some games make me want to complete it 100%.
On a side note if you want an easy platinum try Tell Tale's Walking Dead it's a point and click game and all you have to do is literally just play through the story (and it is an enjoyable story).

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Well, if I REALLY wanted to platinum the game, nothing would stop me!!! >:D

But I'm just saying, as a non-completionist, that completing a game is secondary to playing it in general. So I would hope that companies won't rely heavily on completion stats for creating future games.

MyNameisAnsem

Never got Platinum on a game myself. I would love to get Platinum in HD Remix, but I don't have the time for 3-5 playthroughs.

nxtgarnett5

I haven't come close to the platinum on 1.5, and unless it becomes a lot easier on 2.5 I don't see myself getting it either. It is just so must work and effort to have that many playthroughs. I love KH just as must as anyone on here, but I mean, it gets a bit excessive.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I've never played Beginner myself. How much easier does it feel by comparison?

I just realized in my last post that I didn't answer your question. Sorry about that. :redface:
Beginner in KH1 FM is much easier than the other difficulties. The damage you receive is less and you get items at the beginning of the game that boosts your defense among other things.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
People playing on Beginner is probably why completion is harder. That, added to the fact that the difficulty trophies don't stack!

You know technically the stacking problem shouldn't have bothered me since I know I would've played/watched all three games multiple times and thus gotten the trophies eventually but I wanted to try to platinum 1.5 before 2.5 and so then it bothered me that I had to do 3 playthroughs on both games in a short time (but that's also my own fault for feeling that way).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back