• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why is there such a low completion rate on the HD collection?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I think by "hidden enemies" he was referring to the Mushrooms, which as we know require strategy to beat. While they do drop some Mystery Goo and a few elemental materials, they unfortunately don't drop the very rare materials; these materials, as I said, are only dropped by these new FM-exclusive Heartless.

The new Heartless, too, require strategy to defeat. Some of them are like mini-games, some require stealth, some are just a plain cat-and-mouse game.

Sorry Max, I don't mean to discourage you. I hope you aren't. D:

Oh no no no, rather than discourage me, I think you just helped to mentally prepare me. I will do this, it's just now I will be aware of all of the hours of frustration to come ahead of time haha.

My KH1 is 100% complete on PS2, I feel the intense need to do the same on PS3 with all of the new content!

Anything else I should be forewarned about?

Just a note, I plan on doing most everything on proud except for unchanging armor and speedster (and of course other difficulties... like I needed to say it, haha)

rufusisaghost

The reason I haven't finished the remix yet is because I spent too long trying to level up to the max and my roommate got bored and wanted me to just finish the game so I had to wait until I got home from school to play and I just haven't gotten to it yet. -_-

Max

Staff member
Awards
The reason I haven't finished the remix yet is because I spent too long trying to level up to the max and my roommate got bored and wanted me to just finish the game so I had to wait until I got home from school to play and I just haven't gotten to it yet. -_-

It's hard to dedicate yourself to something like this when you are consistently with other people, believe my I know.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm sorry to hear this. While it won't stop me from trying to finish the game, I can see myself becoming very frustrated very fast. He mentioned a certain enemy that was giving him a hell of a time that he needed materials from and after a couple hours he didn't even get one.

Some of the FM Heartless can be frustrating but I find them fun since they all require a strategy to beat unlike most of the regular ones.

I think by "hidden enemies" he was referring to the Mushrooms, which as we know require strategy to beat. While they do drop some Mystery Goo and a few elemental materials, they unfortunately don't drop the very rare materials; these materials, as I said, are only dropped by these new FM-exclusive Heartless.

The new Heartless, too, require strategy to defeat. Some of them are like mini-games, some require stealth, some are just a plain cat-and-mouse game.

Sorry Max, I don't mean to discourage you. I hope you aren't. D:

Ah the Sniper Wilds. Those were the only FM Heartless I didn't like because you couldn't be seen by them AT ALL (though Stop helped with that if you are seen).

Oh no no no, rather than discourage me, I think you just helped to mentally prepare me. I will do this, it's just now I will be aware of all of the hours of frustration to come ahead of time haha.

My KH1 is 100% complete on PS2, I feel the intense need to do the same on PS3 with all of the new content!

Anything else I should be forewarned about?

Just a note, I plan on doing most everything on proud except for unchanging armor and speedster (and of course other difficulties... like I needed to say it, haha)

I've only completed KH2 100% but I decided I would complete KH1 100% when 1.5 came out. And I did it on Expert Mode too! >:D (Although it's actually like 99.9% since I still can't get 100 hits on the Pink Agaricus in Deep Jungle. :/ All you get is an accessory I believe but I've just decided to ignore that part xD).

Max

Staff member
Awards
(Although it's actually like 99.9% since I still can't get 100 hits on the Pink Agaricus in Deep Jungle. :/ All you get is an accessory I believe but I've just decided to ignore that part xD).

If it's not a trophy, it doesn't count!

So does that mean you platted the game then?

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
If it's not a trophy, it doesn't count!

So does that mean you platted the game then?

Hmm good point.

Yes I did (both 1 and Re:CoM, and boy did that one take a while). And I plan to plat 2.5 as well. I don't actively go for platinum trophies but Kingdom Hearts is one series where I've made it my mission to get every trophy.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Hmm good point.

Yes I did (both 1 and Re:CoM, and boy did that one take a while). And I plan to plat 2.5 as well. I don't actively go for platinum trophies but Kingdom Hearts is one series where I've made it my mission to get every trophy.

Dude, props to you and congratulations! Re:CoM must have taken some real dedication. 6 playthroughs is freaking rough

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Dude, props to you and congratulations! Re:CoM must have taken some real dedication. 6 playthroughs is freaking rough

Thanks. Re:CoM was a little rough. The last two playthroughs I just fought enough heartless to get some room cards, ran through the rest of the world without fighting anything, and beat the boss. I know on my last playthrough it only took me 6 hours (and that's Sora and Riku's stories combined).

Max

Staff member
Awards
Thanks. Re:CoM was a little rough. The last two playthroughs I just fought enough heartless to get some room cards, ran through the rest of the world without fighting anything, and beat the boss. I know on my last playthrough it only took me 6 hours (and that's Sora and Riku's stories combined).

Actually, that's not bad time at all. Was that on beginner?

Anthony12KH

"50% of people who played Re:CoM haven't even completed the first level (Traverse Town as Sora)"

This is me. lol I just couldnt get through the game. I tried COM years ago, and I couldnt get pass the 1st level. I tried to conquer my demons in 1.5, but COM stopped me.

"Far worse was the completion for Re:Chain of Memories. 50% of people who played Re:CoM haven't even completed the first level (Traverse Town as Sora)"

Im one of them. I tried to conquer my demons from years ago, but the card system beat me. I tried though, thats all that counts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Max

Staff member
Awards
Yep and I think Standard only took me an hour or so longer than that.

This is encouraging, I don't think I actually sat down and thought about how quick a speedrun may actually be. Especially with Riku, considering his decks are pre-made and all.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Synthesising in 1.5 was actually easy I thought. I just went around to each of the worlds in a circle, beating the special heartless and claiming the rewards.

As for a Riku speedrun, it's super easy, especially on beginner. I gave up levelling in my Japanese copy and just ran through the last like 6-7 worlds and beat Ansem with ease.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
This is encouraging, I don't think I actually sat down and thought about how quick a speedrun may actually be. Especially with Riku, considering his decks are pre-made and all.

That's the main reason I was able to finish two more playthroughs of Re:CoM. You might have to take some time to level up for some bosses but otherwise you can complete the game pretty quickly.

Synthesising in 1.5 was actually easy I thought. I just went around to each of the worlds in a circle, beating the special heartless and claiming the rewards.

As for a Riku speedrun, it's super easy, especially on beginner. I gave up levelling in my Japanese copy and just ran through the last like 6-7 worlds and beat Ansem with ease.

I did the same thing for KH1's synthesis. I figured out which materials I still needed and just hopped around to the areas that the special heartless were in.

You could probably finish Riku on beginner in less than 2 hours if you wanted. It took me a little longer since I did take some time to level up a little in the last world.

Norpthalomus

It's better than drinking alone
Awards
Website
ultimumrome.tumblr.com
I wondered this as well initially, but I figured out in the end that it must be the casual players that mess with the completion rates. Plus, other than getting the storyline trophies, there are a ton that you simply need a whole lot of free-time to unlock. For that reason, there will probably be several I never get to unlock, unfortunately. :/

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I really prefer how KH2FM and BBSFM handled the idea of "mini game Heartless" by making it so you only had to deal with them once or twice. :S

Unfortunately, synthesis in KH2 is still mired in grinding through hundreds of Heartlesss and Nobodies to get generic synth ingredients, and BBS is still probably going to force you to replay full mini-games three times to complete the journals.

I'm almost glad coded isn't here. "Hey, you, 100% this skill list!" Though I'd have rather had a terrible achievement than just cinematics :(

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Well, I'm 7 levels from getting Riku to lvl. 99. After that, the only trophies I need are Sora's story on Proud and Riku's Story on Standard. I actually beat Riku's Story yesterday on Beginner in 4 and a half hours and I didn't skip the cutscenes. I mean, I always knew it was faster than Sora's story, but wow.

Of course, the downside to all this is that once I have all of CoM's trophies, that means I'll have to get that one gummi ship trophy for the first game that I never got. :X If BbS requires you to play every story 3 times... Well, I know I'll never get 100% for it then. >>;

RuffPuff

Filthy Turnip
Awards
I've almost got the Platinum on KH, the only trophy I have left is the Normal playthrough. I'm thinking I'll get that one just before 2.5 comes out. :D
As for Re:CoM, though... I enjoyed my first run through Sora and Riku's stories, but I went back not long ago to get the card related trophies, and even after a break from the game I got so bored. I'm not sure that I'll be getting the Platinum for Re:CoM now, to be honest.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
For KH 1 FM, I only miss the proud mode trophy, having earned the most annoying ones like Gummi ship missions and all blueprints already.
Since I want to beat the secret bosses on proud as well though, it'll take some more time until I can finish KH 1 FM trophy-wise.

With Re: CoM, I have 62% completion rate on the trophies with 33 of 48 trophies earned.
Of those missing, three I will earn automatically when finishing Riku's story for the first time (I saved right before Ansem SoD final fight to fetch the Lv 99 trophy for Riku directly).

Most of the others like higher difficulty trophies will also be rather easy to gain, the only one I know I will really dread is the "Card Master Sora"-trophy because of the stupid enemy cards that drop only on sheer luck.
At least Riku has the advantage to gain all his enemy cards automatically.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
100% in CoM. I'm late to doing it because I randomly played re:CoM just before the ReMIX was released, so I only just played it again a week or so ago and decided to take this chance to get 100% before 2.5 comes out.

Now the only trophy left is the collect-all-blueprints Gummi Ship trophy. I don't know if I'll do it or not. :/ This trophy just makes me hate the gummi ship even more than I already did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back