• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why is there such a low completion rate on the HD collection?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MyNameisAnsem

I just realized in my last post that I didn't answer your question. Sorry about that. :redface:
Beginner in KH1 FM is much easier than the other difficulties. The damage you receive is less and you get items at the beginning of the game that boosts your defense among other things.

Ah, I see. What about abilities? Do you learn some sooner?

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Ah, I see. What about abilities? Do you learn some sooner?

Sorry I don't remember about the abilities but I don't believe so. But I did forget you also get attack and AP boosting items as well as the accessories Ribbon and EXP Chain or Necklace (it's called one of those two). So it's really hard to lose on Beginner Mode.
EDIT: Oh and you can't unlock the secret ending video on Beginner which is one of the reasons I don't usually play on Beginner.

P4L1_B34$T

Re: [Discussion] Why is there such a low completion rate on the HD collection?

I'm sure it's mostly because of people trying out the game for the first time. Also, Com is quite repetitive, so I'm sure people got bored fast.

omnipresent

Re: [Discussion] Why is there such a low completion rate on the HD collection?

I'm sure it's mostly because of people trying out the game for the first time. Also, Com is quite repetitive, so I'm sure people got bored fast.
Yea. All those silly people who just don't understand the KH magic!

FangirlfromHell

Awards
I had almost beaten the KHFM portion when I had to start ALL over again on my brother's PS3 since my sister took hers with her and my file wasn't saved to my PSN because I forgot it until recently. I'm only on 8% completion. I hope to Platinum the game before II.5 comes out, but it may not happen.

davidXIIIaxel

I had almost beaten the KHFM portion when I had to start ALL over again on my brother's PS3 since my sister took hers with her and my file wasn't saved to my PSN because I forgot it until recently. I'm only on 8% completion. I hope to Platinum the game before II.5 comes out, but it may not happen.
i believe in you. :p you can do it if you really want to.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Well then, good luck! I've never platinumed a thing in my life ;3

davidXIIIaxel

I've completed Days, Journey, Flower, flOw, and Mega Man 10. Not a single platinum for any of them~
And considering how hard it was to get some of those MM10 trophies...The ultimate troll.
lol i've been beaten. ive always wanted to play journey. it looks so tricky and beautiful. i have child of light but for my pc. i love it. its kinda sad and mysterious but i think you should try it out. :)

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Heyo guys, let's keep on track with the topic of the thread. Thank you!

bilko90

Personally I agree with many of you that its the repetitive nature of the difficulty trophies that are part of the issue, despite being a huge KH fan since the beginning I haven't actually bothered getting 1.5 because as much as I love KH1 I played it so many times on PS2 that it doesn't warrant another go through, ReCOM is a game I haven't played because the card system really doesn't appeal but I really wanted to know the story so I watched a play-through online fast forwarding through the rooms until the cutscenes. I also watched Days as a movie from the HD cutscenes.

Now 2.5 on the other hand is one I definitely plan on completing because I really really want to play KH2FM in HD and I've never played BBS or ReCoded although I know a somewhat brief outline of their story and I like the idea of the ReCoded cutscenes being similar to Days.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I have a friend who actually pushed through the difficulty trophies, but he gave up because of the synthesis. All he had left to do was synthesis and gummi missions, but when he gave up on the synthesis he pretty much said "screw it, I wont get the plat anyway".

I didn't think synthesizing on KH1 was too bad, but he said it was worse on Final Mix and he just didn't have the patience.

davidXIIIaxel

I have a friend who actually pushed through the difficulty trophies, but he gave up because of the synthesis. All he had left to do was synthesis and gummi missions, but when he gave up on the synthesis he pretty much said "screw it, I wont get the plat anyway".

I didn't think synthesizing on KH1 was too bad, but he said it was worse on Final Mix and he just didn't have the patience.
well that sucks :/ if he had the patience he couldve done it.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

I second his opinion. I think it's because of the new materials (which are dropped by the special FM-exclusive Heartless that could be hard to defeat if you are unprepared), and also the fact that they some of them don't always drop the materials even if defeated properly.

Really, though, if I weren't as dedicated, I would have given synthesis completion a skip myself. I remember just how tedious it is to get Mythrils as Angel Stars no longer drop them, and you have to synth them from materials that are simply just as rare. Stupid Pot Scorpion.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I second his opinion. I think it's because of the new materials (which are dropped by the special FM-exclusive Heartless that could be hard to defeat if you are unprepared), and also the fact that they some of them don't always drop the materials even if defeated properly.

Really, though, if I weren't as dedicated, I would have given synthesis completion a skip myself. I remember just how tedious it is to get Mythrils as Angel Stars no longer drop them, and you have to synth them from materials that are simply just as rare. Stupid Pot Scorpion.

I'm sorry to hear this. While it won't stop me from trying to finish the game, I can see myself becoming very frustrated very fast. He mentioned a certain enemy that was giving him a hell of a time that he needed materials from and after a couple hours he didn't even get one.

davidXIIIaxel

I'm sorry to hear this. While it won't stop me from trying to finish the game, I can see myself becoming very frustrated very fast. He mentioned a certain enemy that was giving him a hell of a time that he needed materials from and after a couple hours he didn't even get one.
there are some hidden enemies around that give you rare materials. but they can be hard to beat.

Max

Staff member
Awards
there are some hidden enemies around that give you rare materials. but they can be hard to beat.

Hard to beat like, requires some strategy? Or hard to beat tough? Because tough could easily be solved with some leveling

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I think by "hidden enemies" he was referring to the Mushrooms, which as we know require strategy to beat. While they do drop some Mystery Goo and a few elemental materials, they unfortunately don't drop the very rare materials; these materials, as I said, are only dropped by these new FM-exclusive Heartless.

The new Heartless, too, require strategy to defeat. Some of them are like mini-games, some require stealth, some are just a plain cat-and-mouse game.

Sorry Max, I don't mean to discourage you. I hope you aren't. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back