• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why is the master of masters talking to young xehanort?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
Like I never would have thought about this ever. To me this is the biggest curve I ever seen in kingdom hearts. Why is young xehanort talking to the master of masters? Didn't the secret report by luxu meant xehanort was unknowingly apart of a greater plan? How is he not in the world where sora is? Is this young xehanort after he disappears during the xemnas/Ansem fight? Why is the master of masters their during the current keyblade war? Where exactly did he go from back cover that lead him to the final battle?

I have many more questions, but it's just too much based on this one meeting. Any theories you can think of, please share because my mind is officially blown.

U.N. Owen

Awards
As far as we know, that is Young Xehanort post-Mark of Mastery exam (gray eyes instead of gold). Xehanort toured the worlds instead of being stationary at Land of Departure. This must be around the time he started to embrace the darkness. As far as he knows, the Master is probably just a glorified tailor.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
It’s probably Luxu
This. He acts and gestures just like he did in the KH2 final mix exclusive scene with Zexion.

Also, the two have an established connection from Re coded and DDD. Some diologue in KH3 also implied the two were conspiring together, hence why they're the only ones to say "find the hearts joined to yours", and have a deep understanding of the power of waking. In terms of what we're shown in trailer, YX seems to agree to work with Luxu because, much like Ansem, he grew to understand just how much (i.e. how little) he actually mattered to the current plans of his future self.

But you know what the funniest part of all of this is? An organization made up norted characters is just as, if not more dysfunctional and deceitful than the original organization. It's a wonder why Larxene and Marluxia never fully committed to organizing a coup against Xehanort again like they discussed.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I think it was the MoM rather than Luxu. I believe the scene in the graveyard takes place before he meets up with Xigbar in RG to collect Isa due to the eye color.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I did not expect that conversation at all, although it makes sense. I always wondered how Xemnas knew about Lauriam/Elrena/Dorul/Emyd's past with the keyblade, so I suppose that will explain it. I think that conversation is key to understanding Xehanort's plan - he visited worlds and (I guess) was disgusted by what he saw and that prompts him to want to reset everything? I'm really curious what he saw in those worlds that made him want to reset everything.

I definitely think that is Master of Masters. Wouldn't he be able to tell if it were Xigbar/Braig? Unless Xehanort knew Xigbar's identity all along?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I did not expect that conversation at all, although it makes sense. I always wondered how Xemnas knew about Lauriam/Elrena/Dorul/Emyd's past with the keyblade, so I suppose that will explain it. I think that conversation is key to understanding Xehanort's plan - he visited worlds and (I guess) was disgusted by what he saw and that prompts him to want to reset everything? I'm really curious what he saw in those worlds that made him want to reset everything.

I definitely think that is Master of Masters. Wouldn't he be able to tell if it were Xigbar/Braig? Unless Xehanort knew Xigbar's identity all along?
Yeah he should have been able to tell due to Luxu speaking with Braig's voice throughout the games.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It's more likely to be Luxu right now. Nomura said in his tweet that the scenes from the trailer were from the additional scenario Re:Mind, and if we assume the new Sitting Unknown (lol remember when this was how we referred to Xemnas pre-KH2) to be Luxu, he'd be the common link between them.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
What would make that scene perfect is if right after he sends Young Xehanort on his mission he randomly pulls out his sitar and starts jamming

Back