• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why is the cgi of kh3 characters look plastic compared to the old cgi?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Keyblade07

The character in kh3 look soo plastic while in previous games the cgi of the characters actually looked more human 0E1F2A9A-9019-4F11-9264-B675FB5B3EFF.jpeg

Last edited:

ZeVaine

Awards
I think I agree.

I don't think they quite found their artistic "groove" in terms of the artstyle in the new graphics engine. Almost like the graphics were too good, and hampered the artstyle of the previous games. I think the Disney worlds looked great, but in terms of the Anime-esqe side of things, it did still feel kind of awkward.

Granted, both Kh1 and Kh2 had their own issues with this... so I'm not really sure if I'm just used to accepting that Kh1 and 2 just looked the way they did or if kh3 had more detail, but less character.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Honestly, I think I might've found the CG to be better in the 0.2 opening overall, but I'd have to watch them back to back to be sure.

Anyway, yeah. The CGI models in KH3 were always far too doll-like for me to take seriously. Though it's more apparent with the original characters.

Awards
KH3 is the only game in the series that I'd rather watch all the cutscenes in the regular engine, than with cgi.

Veevee

Awards
I think the colors in KH3 are slightly oversatured and the lighting is not ideal. Beginning with the background in KH3 (look at the unicolor blue background, the shining white clouds and the unnaturally bright textures), but it's also the skin. Especially in the first comparison the older Kairi has a more .. natural skin tones that blend well while the new Kairi has weirdly strong contrast between a moderately strong red and white. It's similar with the eyes - I guess the doll look mostly comes from the eyes because their tone is way too vibrant. I stared at the pictures quite some time now and they shine really bright - even in the picture in the Keyblade Graveyard where Sora would be supposed to have darker eyes by a lack of light reflection. In KH3 you basically have lightbulbs for eyes, while in KH2 the eyes are less vibrant from the start AND adapt to the light situation - I mean, look at the scene from the 0.2 opening (picture 6), Sora's eyes are really dark which is only natural.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
The CGI models in KH3 were always far too doll-like for me to take seriously. Though it's more apparent with the original characters.
To each their own, but personally the CGI models in 0.2 BBS look way too doll-like and plastic compared to the models seen in X Back Cover and KH3.

The character in kh3 look soo plastic while in previous games the cgi of the characters actually looked more human View attachment 12090
I think
the CGI models in 0.2 BBS look way too doll-like and more plastic compared to the CG models seen in X Back Cover and KH3.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Yeah the default style doesn't really do much for me. I vastly prefer the more realistic style we saw in the secret ending.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I personally think KH3's CGI scenes look better... But if you mean as far as how they look in general cutscenes / gameplay in KH3 versus KH2's CGI scenes, then yeah.

ChazF

I think it looks really great! Though, Sora's lips look really weird in some scenes. I feel like they're going for a Disney-inspired color/shading technique but with Final Fantasy style characters and elements. Which is basically what Kingdom Hearts's aesthetic is: Disney-ish narrative with Final Fantasy characters. I liked KH 0.2 BBS's CGI but I also liked the Castle Oblivion/Land of Departure CGI scene. I just liked the lighting effects.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I like the pre-rendered models in KH3 more than previous ones for how they're more colorful and better resemble the original style of the in-game models. Not that the previous pre-renders didn't also do a good job, I just think KH3 did it better.

BUT I have issue in how they're sometimes animated. There's times when the characters mouths/expressions and body language are very stiff. It throws everything off.

There's also the weird pouty baby lips some have...

Back