• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why is BBS vol. II so crucial? *POTENTIAL SPOILERS*

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I thought the complaint was repeating the same worlds three times over. Nobody except diehard fans gives a damn anout the story.
People have to be die hard fans of a series to care about the story in a game? :/

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I thought the complaint was repeating the same worlds three times over. Nobody except diehard fans gives a damn anout the story.

If the different chapters cover different worlds, its not as much an issue.

I suppose we read different reviews from various game magazines and sites that all complained about how the flow was broken. K

Ronove

Spockanort is right, the biggest complaint was the scenario system. In any event, having more than three characters with their own scenarios would be a challenge. You'd either see repeat worlds, which people don't like, or each character would get like one or two worlds due to time constraints. The pacing of the story and even gameplay is going to be rushed if you have more than three playable characters.

Shawty

Awards
Gaps in the Story to be filled:

1. Xehanort's Past before BBS,Time as Ansem's Apprentice,Creation of the first Oragnization XIII, Anything else Nomura wants to reveal about him.
2. Aqua's time in the Realm of Darkness
3. Mickey's Time in the Realm of Darkness as well as any other periods of absence he has had in the series.
4. Riku's periods of absence throughout the series.
5. Possibly Lea and Kairi's Mark of Mastery Exam (Gathering the 7 princesses at Yen Sid's tower sounds like a good test to me, and since most of the princesses' worlds would likely appear in BBSV2, why not?)
6. The 9 year gap between the fall of Radiant Gardens upto KH1(Organization stuff, Mickey's adventures during this time, ect.)
7. A final chapter with Sora tieing into KH3

All of this could be covered in BBSV2.

I also think they should do a chapter based story system, with each chapter focusing on the events surrounding a certain character through out the series.

Chapter 1 - Prologue
Chapter 2 - Darkness Awakens (Playable Character: Xehanort)
Chapter 3 - Quest of a King (Playable Character: King Mickey)
Chapter 4 - A Light in the Darkness (Playable Character: Aqua)
Chapter 5 - The Path to Dawn (Playable Character: Riku)
Chapter 6 - The Lights that Keeps Burning (Playable Characters: Kairi and Lea)
Chapter 7 - Down a Lonely Road (Playable Character: Sora)

Then have a multiplayer mode incorporating a number of Versus features like Dissidia type battles (Since Dissidia was originaly meant to be a KH game. Maybe make it similar to the struggle battles in KH2) with the main characters and organization members. Of course a plethora of mini-games, and whatever else they could put in that would be cool and fun.

I like the idea, especially the 9 year gap between Radiant Garden and KH1. They definitely should release a BBS V2 telling everything you said on here, things like this makes you wonder.

captain

Bronze Member
That's not the issue. People hate BBS's scenario system. It became jarring to do a story three times because the story felt broken. They'd probably stick to two or three characters and do it in a way where their story flows perfectly without any bumpy breaks.

Great idea! I think this is the way to go. Maybe like 3D, switching between stories, but more like you complete a world or two with one character and then the story shows another character and so on..

I think all those scenarios people are talking about though may have a little too much going on. This is my idea:
Okay, everyone. So most people seem to think BbS2 will be the next game. I really want to know what worlds people want to see and what stories for those worlds, including who'd be traveling there (Aqua, Mickey, ??). BbS had 10 worlds (not including Mysterious Tower, Mirage Arena, Destiny Islands), so let's assume BbS2 would have between 10-12.

So from the little I've read in the spoilers section, it seems that Kairi will be trained to use the Keyblade in the final battle. Also, perhaps the Princess are going to need protection? So my idea for the game involves two scenarios, Aqua in the RoD from around the time of KH1/end of BbS to the present and Kairi in the RoL in the present as she trains with the Keyblade and seeks out the other Princesses. The idea of two female protagonists in a game like this is pretty exciting to me. There are some worlds that will be exclusive to each scenario, so below I will specify with A/K
My list:
Castle of Dreams (A/K)
Dwarf Woodlands (A/K)
Enchanted Dominion (A/K)
Beast's Castle (A/K)
Pride Lands (A/K)
Land of Dragons (A)
Agrabah (K)
"Dumbo" (A)
"Bambi" (A/K)
"One Hundred and One Dalmatians" (A)
"The Sword in the Stone" (A)
"Lilo & Stitch" (K)
"Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland" (K)
Twilight Town (A/K)
Destiny Islands (A/K)
Radiant Garden (K)

I'll update later with more story info of each world.

I like the idea of seeing Riku's story from KH1 through KH2 completely from his point of view, but I feel like that's its own game. That may never happen, unfortunately. Who knows?

EDIT - couldn't help myself.. Riku game world list. Story spans through KH1 to KH2. Worlds show what game this appears in and so what part of story it should appear. The time in Castle Oblivion from CoM should not be ignored, but passed through much more quickly.

Destiny Islands (KH1, days)
Hollow Bastion (KH1, KH2?)
Traverse Town (KH1)
Castle Oblivion (CoM, days)
Twilight Town (days, KH2)
The World That Never Was (days, KH2)
Wonderland (KH1)
Agrabah (KH1)
Monstro (KH1)
Neverland (KH1)
Beast’s Castle (days)
Land of Dragons (KH2)

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
People have to be die hard fans of a series to care about the story in a game? :/
When said story is as batsh!t insane as KH's, yes. We're diehards & yet we can't figure it all out. What's that say for the average person who just wanted to play the games for all of the Disney stuff?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
When said story is as batsh!t insane as KH's, yes. We're diehards & yet we can't figure it all out. What's that say for the average person who just wanted to play the games for all of the Disney stuff?

That's bull, honestly. You can play Birth by Sleep and Re:Coded without prior knowledge of the series and understand the story just fine (though it helps to have played them chronologically as they were released).

Anyone who plays the game purely for the Disney aspect are in for disappointment regardless, because Kingdom Hearts is an amalgamation of Disney and Final Fantasy.

And you know what, you can start on any entry of the series and be completely kupoing confused, yet still enjoy the game for the story. I did it.

You do not have to be a die hard KH fan to enjoy the story in any of the games.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I never said they don't enjoy the games, just story has nothing to do with said enjoyment.

Anyone who plays the game purely for the Disney aspect are in for disappointment regardless, because Kingdom Hearts is an amalgamation of Disney and Final Fantasy.
Fine, I mean they were in it for the Disney/FF crossover, didn't think I had to be that freaking specific. Not that it matters when the series has become all about the new made-up characters instead.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I never said they don't enjoy the games, just story has nothing to do with said enjoyment.
What you said:
Nobody except diehard fans gives a damn anout the story.

Which is what I rebutted. And story still has a lot to do with enjoyment of a game, it's not everything but it counts.

Fine, I mean they were in it for the Disney/FF crossover, didn't think I had to be that freaking specific. Not that it matters when the series has become all about the new made-up characters instead.
That doesn't change what I was saying much. People still can play some of the titles without being too confused (KH1, BBS Coded); the rest of the games may be one giant mind kupo without any prior knowledge of the series, but they can still enjoy the game for the story.

The series is actually all about Sora, everything ties back to him in every single entry.

JH

Ouvrez Votre Esprit
Website
www.khcentral.net
Six playable characters seems like a bad idea. Too many shifts in focus and too little development.

It worked fine with 3, they've proved they can handle telling stories from multiple angles, and have actually made name doing so.

edit: Annnnddd this thread is farther than I am.

Ronove

In any event, I think the story for BBSv2 should try to be as simple and clean as it can be. I mean, it's basically a given that there's gonna be time travel elements to it which will make the story complicated enough, so with that in mind having fewer protagonists would be a much better decision than having more.

Edit: Yes, it worked fine with three, but six is a much bigger number than three. And even then, the three protags set up of BBS had problems of its own. There's a huge difference between three heroes and six heroes.

Nyx Winters

The Dawn Fox
Awards
why not have there be three stories only but with interchangeable main characters and having the other as your partner

A lonely voyage - aqua/sora

The way of the keyblade - lea/kairi

Dawn approaches - Riku (alone) or Riku/mickey

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
I'd like these missing things as added things in the HD collections. Just added in cutscenes here and there filling in what we don't know compared to a whole game. But, that's just me :/

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
A Final mix would be easier and save time, but theyw ill proably hold up on it untill the game sells a 3/4 of a million

captain

Bronze Member
That's bull, honestly. You can play Birth by Sleep and Re:Coded without prior knowledge of the series and understand the story just fine (though it helps to have played them chronologically as they were released).

And you know what, you can start on any entry of the series and be completely kupoing confused, yet still enjoy the game for the story. I did it.

You do not have to be a die hard KH fan to enjoy the story in any of the games.

Taochan is right. I started the series on CoM. I have plenty of friends that have started on random ones like 2, days or Re:coded and they love the series just as much (and yes the story is part of their enjoyment, MATGSY. In fact, story is the main reason people love KH games I think.)

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Taochan is right. I started the series on CoM. I have plenty of friends that have started on random ones like 2, days or Re:coded and they love the series just as much (and yes the story is part of their enjoyment, MATGSY. In fact, story is the main reason people love KH games I think.)

Agreed, I got started on GBA CoM and freaking loved it. The story is probably my favorite in the series

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
I started on CoM for the GBA as well, and the story is what made me a fan of the series to begin with. That was before I became the diehard fan I am now. ;)

Golden Yak

I think a likely plot for the game would be young Xehanort and Eraqus and their adventures, exploring who Xehanort became who he is, and how he gained mastery over time travel and started working for the future incarnation of Organization XIII. There could be two stories - one where Eraqus fights for light with Yen Sid acting as his mentor, and another where Xehanort is working towards fulfilling darker plans with Master Xehanort directing him.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I think a likely plot for the game would be young Xehanort and Eraqus and their adventures, exploring who Xehanort became who he is, and how he gained mastery over time travel and started working for the future incarnation of Organization XIII. There could be two stories - one where Eraqus fights for light with Yen Sid acting as his mentor, and another where Xehanort is working towards fulfilling darker plans with Master Xehanort directing him.
Nomura said BBS was as far back in the time line that he was planning to go, so we would not get a game with Xehanort and Eraqus as the playable characters. Also, none of that was even hinted at in the BBS:FM secret video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back