• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why is BBS vol. II so crucial? *POTENTIAL SPOILERS*

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronove

Spockanort is right, Birth By Sleep Volume II as a trailer title seems a bit weird. I mean, you'd expect Volume II of a game to be another game, right?

Straythe

Didn't he say from the BBS ultimania that two more games would be made before KH 3 ?

So there's DDD, and obviously BBS 2 since KH 3 will take an awful long time to come out.

I don't think he counts remakes and probable "HD collection" in this.

Everything he talks about, story wise, in the ultimania is not even touched by DDD (or just barely), and since KH3 will focus on Sora (while resolving everything), I don't doubt that BBS2 will clear a lot of mysteries up so we can focus on the "final act" in KH 3.

Absolute

My concern is that he hasn't said anything recently about this mystery game. Or the fact why it has to be seen as a mystery game unless it spoiled a huge plot point just from its existence alone.

Straythe

LMAO

YMX's past somehow ? (or future actually)

"Kingdom Hearts : Back to the Future"

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
My concern is that he hasn't said anything recently about this mystery game. Or the fact why it has to be seen as a mystery game unless it spoiled a huge plot point just from its existence alone.

I imagine nothing has been said to let people focus on Dream Drop Distance.

Nomura seemed to clam up about the "mystery title" as soon as BBS:FM came out.

Ronove

Type 0 had 14 playable characters. It was focused and did not have "too many shifts". There goes that theory

Type Zero also had the characters be in the same place at the same time The thing the other gentlemen proposed would be different characters in different locations at different times.

There goes your faulty as hell comparison.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
BBSv2 probably wouldn't have more than three playable scenarios at best.

zspek09

Website
instagram.com
Type Zero also had the characters be in the same place at the same time The thing the other gentlemen proposed would be different characters in different locations at different times.

There goes your faulty as hell comparison.

Actually, he never stated that at all. You assumed so. Why on earth would Kairi be in the realm of darkness? She was a playable character on his proposed list though. They CAN'T be in the same place at the same time if he proposed the different scenarios. If anything, they would be in groups in different places, i.e. Aqua and Mickey in ROD, Kairi and Lea in real world, Xehanort in the past, etc. Nice try though

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I think FF4 After Years is the closer comparison, many chapters for different characters. Of course it was also pretty dull because it felt like playing Act 1 in a 3 act play about a dozen times over before finally getting to Act 2 but I digress.

Ronove

Actually, he never stated that at all. You assumed so. Why on earth would Kairi be in the realm of darkness? She was a playable character on his proposed list though. They CAN'T be in the same place at the same time if he proposed the different scenarios. If anything, they would be in groups in different places, i.e. Aqua and Mickey in ROD, Kairi and Lea in real world, Xehanort in the past, etc. Nice try though

Your reading comprehension needs a bit of work. That's precisely what I'm saying. Type 0 had the heroes work together, BBSv2 by logic and necessity would require everyone to be in different places at different times. This would be manageable with three heroes, but seven or eight heroes would mean a significant sacrifice of depth and coherency, not to mention basic rpg gameplay mechanics. I'm not saying the game can't tell the stories of eight characters, but having them all be playable wouldn't really work.

zspek09

Website
instagram.com
Your reading comprehension needs a bit of work. That's precisely what I'm saying. Type 0 had the heroes work together, BBSv2 by logic and necessity would require everyone to be in different places at different times. This would be manageable with three heroes, but seven or eight heroes would mean a significant sacrifice of depth and coherency, not to mention basic rpg gameplay mechanics. I'm not saying the game can't tell the stories of eight characters, but having them all be playable wouldn't really work.

Ok I misread at first but still it would not require EVERYONE TO BE IN DIFF. PLACE AT DIFF. TIMES. They can cover the entire story of the ROD with Aqua, Mickey, and Riku as playable characters there, and cover the story of everything in the real world as Kairi, Xehanort, and Lea. Only TWO different realms required. You pretty much are underestimating the capabilities of Nomura and the team in their abilities. If they really wanted to do this they could with enough effort create a KH game with that many scenarios that still flows coherently.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Ok I misread at first but still it would not require EVERYONE TO BE IN DIFF. PLACE AT DIFF. TIMES. They can cover the entire story of the ROD with Aqua, Mickey, and Riku as playable characters there, and cover the story of everything in the real world as Kairi, Xehanort, and Lea. Only TWO different realms required. You pretty much are underestimating the capabilities of Nomura and the team in their abilities. If they really wanted to do this they could with enough effort create a KH game with that many scenarios that still flows coherently.
Uh, different places at different times suggests not only will they be in different realms but in different worlds and in different places during the time line. So yeah, it sort of does require everyone to be in different places at different times.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
So the world line up would be along the lines of...

AQUA
Realm of Darkness general area
Castle of Dreams
Possibly Dwarf Woodlands/Enchanted Dominion
The beach (forgot the name)

MICKEY
Disney Castle/Town
Traverse Town
Symphony of Sorcery
Countryside of Musketeers
Castle Oblivion

RIKU-KH1
Hollow Bastion
Monstro
Neverland
RoD

RIKU-Days
Hollow Bastion
Beast's Castle
Destiny Island
Twilight Town
The World that Never was

RIKU-KH2
Twilight Town
Land of Dragons
Agrabah
Hollow Bastion
TWTNW

KAIRI
Mysterious Tower
Twilight Town
Radiant Garden (her old home)
Maybe the worlds of other princesses

LEA
Radiant Garden
Twilight Town
TWTNW
Who knows where else

That'd be a long game.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Also it would be an unrealistic game. If they even chose to showcase that many scenarios, it certainly wouldn't all be playable.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Also it would be an unrealistic game. If they even chose to showcase that many scenarios, it certainly wouldn't all be playable.
Development wise its almost all repeat worlds, which they wouldn't nessasary need to redo. Just copy & paste the assects from past games.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Development wise its almost all repeat worlds, which they wouldn't nessasary need to redo. Just copy & paste the assects from past games.

That's not the issue. People hate BBS's scenario system. It became jarring to do a story three times because the story felt broken. They'd probably stick to two or three characters and do it in a way where their story flows perfectly without any bumpy breaks.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I thought the complaint was repeating the same worlds three times over. Nobody except diehard fans gives a damn anout the story.

If the different chapters cover different worlds, its not as much an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back