• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why is BBS vol. II so crucial? *POTENTIAL SPOILERS*

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venitas

A lot of people are freaking out about how (allegedly) the next game in the series is going to wrap up the Xehanort Arc, instead of Birth by Sleep vol II.

What story events need to be revealed in Birth by Sleep II? I know some people say the space between bbs and kh1, but WHAT is that? Aquas time in the realm of darkness? Xehanort turning the original 6 members into the Organization?

doesn't sound like material that would last for a whole game. If anything, Birth by Sleep Volume II sounds like it'd be a series of cutscenes in kh3, or whatever this "next" game is.

JustSnilloc

There were several things Nomura was wanting to include in future titles like

Mickey's time in the RoD
Aqua's time in the RoD
Riku's time off screen time (quite a bit of it)
Development of the Organization (the original)

and other stuff

Straythe

- Terra and Xehanort share

- Aqua in RoD

- The New Organization

- YMX time travel ? (linked to the one above)

axel95

Awards
If they do make BBS vol. II, I think that they will come up with enough stuff to make it a very interesting game. But the crucial stuff they could probably sum up in about 5-10 minutes of cutscenes in KH3.

Venitas

So then, do you guys think that *if* there is a bbs2, that there will be multiple playable scenarios again? like a riku, mickey, and aqua one?

Straythe

No (because BBS's way to roam the same worlds 3 times has not been so well received), but probably a storymode with several chapters (and characters to play), with a multiplayer/bonus mode like the mirage arena where you can pick who you want.

Dragonsblight

So then, do you guys think that *if* there is a bbs2, that there will be multiple playable scenarios again? like a riku, mickey, and aqua one?

Yes I believe there will be multiple scenarios, but they just wont run through all of the same worlds like in BBS. many people want a bbsvII because it would answer all of the unanswered questions and fill in all of the crucial plot points to the story that we did not get to see.

Ronove

I disagree with the sentiment that the stuff from BBSv2 can be explained in 10 mins. YMX's time travel would take nearly 20 minutes to explain by itself, not to mention all of the stuff Aqua experienced in the ROD.

But I digress. If BBSv2 comes out, I envision that each scenario would have different worlds to it. This is just speculation based off of the BBSFM and DDD secret ending, but I'd wager there'll be three routes. YMX route, which takes place in the past, Kairi route, which takes place in the present, and Aqua route, which takes place over a period of time in the realm of darkness.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
^ What do you mean a YMX route, a kairi route, etc? Playable characters? Or what

Ronove

I think he'll be a playable character. If we go by the secret endings, the characters who get the most focus are Aqua, Kairi, and YMX. Mickey gets a bit of focus too, but Disney has this thing about him not being a major playable character that they do.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Gaps in the Story to be filled:

1. Xehanort's Past before BBS,Time as Ansem's Apprentice,Creation of the first Oragnization XIII, Anything else Nomura wants to reveal about him.
2. Aqua's time in the Realm of Darkness
3. Mickey's Time in the Realm of Darkness as well as any other periods of absence he has had in the series.
4. Riku's periods of absence throughout the series.
5. Possibly Lea and Kairi's Mark of Mastery Exam (Gathering the 7 princesses at Yen Sid's tower sounds like a good test to me, and since most of the princesses' worlds would likely appear in BBSV2, why not?)
6. The 9 year gap between the fall of Radiant Gardens upto KH1(Organization stuff, Mickey's adventures during this time, ect.)
7. A final chapter with Sora tieing into KH3

All of this could be covered in BBSV2.

I also think they should do a chapter based story system, with each chapter focusing on the events surrounding a certain character through out the series.

Chapter 1 - Prologue
Chapter 2 - Darkness Awakens (Playable Character: Xehanort)
Chapter 3 - Quest of a King (Playable Character: King Mickey)
Chapter 4 - A Light in the Darkness (Playable Character: Aqua)
Chapter 5 - The Path to Dawn (Playable Character: Riku)
Chapter 6 - The Lights that Keeps Burning (Playable Characters: Kairi and Lea)
Chapter 7 - Down a Lonely Road (Playable Character: Sora)

Then have a multiplayer mode incorporating a number of Versus features like Dissidia type battles (Since Dissidia was originaly meant to be a KH game. Maybe make it similar to the struggle battles in KH2) with the main characters and organization members. Of course a plethora of mini-games, and whatever else they could put in that would be cool and fun.

Ronove

Six playable characters seems like a bad idea. Too many shifts in focus and too little development.

Crystal

Silver Member
There will be one more KH game released before KH3 right? I hope the game ( BBS vol.2, maybe) will explain more about Apprentice Xehanort , Aqua in Realm of Darkness, and possible YMX? XD

MasterZeR0

Gaps in the Story to be filled:

1. Xehanort's Past before BBS,Time as Ansem's Apprentice,Creation of the first Oragnization XIII, Anything else Nomura wants to reveal about him.
2. Aqua's time in the Realm of Darkness
3. Mickey's Time in the Realm of Darkness as well as any other periods of absence he has had in the series.
4. Riku's periods of absence throughout the series.
5. Possibly Lea and Kairi's Mark of Mastery Exam (Gathering the 7 princesses at Yen Sid's tower sounds like a good test to me, and since most of the princesses' worlds would likely appear in BBSV2, why not?)
6. The 9 year gap between the fall of Radiant Gardens upto KH1(Organization stuff, Mickey's adventures during this time, ect.)
7. A final chapter with Sora tieing into KH3

All of this could be covered in BBSV2.

I also think they should do a chapter based story system, with each chapter focusing on the events surrounding a certain character through out the series.

Chapter 1 - Prologue
Chapter 2 - Darkness Awakens (Playable Character: Xehanort)
Chapter 3 - Quest of a King (Playable Character: King Mickey)
Chapter 4 - A Light in the Darkness (Playable Character: Aqua)
Chapter 5 - The Path to Dawn (Playable Character: Riku)
Chapter 6 - The Lights that Keeps Burning (Playable Characters: Kairi and Lea)
Chapter 7 - Down a Lonely Road (Playable Character: Sora)

Then have a multiplayer mode incorporating a number of Versus features like Dissidia type battles (Since Dissidia was originaly meant to be a KH game. Maybe make it similar to the struggle battles in KH2) with the main characters and organization members. Of course a plethora of mini-games, and whatever else they could put in that would be cool and fun.

If we get anything less than this, I'll feel slightly downhearted :C

Because this would be perfect.

Amazing

There needs to be a Kingdom Hearts BBS Vol.2 first or else people are going to bitch about how too much info explaining things from past games is crammed in KH III.

Ronove

There needs to be a Kingdom Hearts BBS Vol.2 first or else people are going to bitch about how too much info explaining things from past games is crammed in KH III.

It'll be like KH2 all over again...

Number Zero

Right...But didn't Nomura just announce the next game would finish Xehanort's chapter? AKA Kingdom Hearts III?

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
I don't think we really need a BBS Vol. II anyways. And was it ever even confirmed that that was an official game? Maybe it was just a title at the end of the secret ending. Just like how "KINGDOM HEARTS:Reconnect" was.
All the stuff that we could possibly have in Vol. 2 could be inserted in a Kingdom Hearts HD collection, right?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Right...But didn't Nomura just announce the next game would finish Xehanort's chapter? AKA Kingdom Hearts III?

Nope. He was being vague, so in no way was that an announcent.

I don't think we really need a BBS Vol. II anyways. And was it ever even confirmed that that was an official game? Maybe it was just a title at the end of the secret ending. Just like how "KINGDOM HEARTS:Reconnect" was.
All the stuff that we could possibly have in Vol. 2 could be inserted in a Kingdom Hearts HD collection, right?

Reconnect wa going to be the title of Coded/Re:coded. KH2/KH2FM's secret ending title/tag line ended up the title of a game. Who makes the tag line of a secret ending some so stupid as "Birth By Sleep volume II"? The only conclusion that can be drawn from such an odd phrase is "oh look game title"

The secret ending in BBSFM is called A Fragmentary Passage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back