• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why is BBS vol. II so crucial? *POTENTIAL SPOILERS*

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com
Personally, I like the six scenarios idea, I think the Vita could handle six scenarios with their own fleshed out stories, and it would probably be on the Vita. If not that they could just do one scenario with YMX time-travelling to all the parts of the story that need to be covered, and observing Aqua, Riku, Mickey, and whoever else during their different time periods, a few battles with those characters, maybe a Kairi/Lea added scenario for their exam, though I could take it or leave it. Or maybe just give us an HD collection with a shitload of added cutscenes released for PS3, Vita, or both.

Any of those seems good to me. If they are making it, it'll probably come out late next year.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Length of the game is an issue. With this being 1st time many of these characters are playable (Days' multiplayer aside) I for one wouldn't each scenario to be too short. At least 5-6 worlds to feel like I got enough mileage out of each one. But this would make an incredibly long overall game & each scenario would have different world line-ups: something unprecedented so far in the series.

1-3 worlds is more realistic for overall length but would be disappointing on a per character basis.

EDIT: Wait hold it, brainstorm. Aqua & Mickey's stories are in the RoD, Kairi & Lea's are in RoS. RoS contains worlds from RoD that didn't get restored to RoL. Maybe world line-ups wouldn't be different.

EDIT 2: Oh but there would still be the heartless/dream eater difference. No prior game with multiple main characters had separate sets of enemies for them.

MasterZeR0

Length of the game is an issue. With this being 1st time many of these characters are playable (Days' multiplayer aside) I for one wouldn't each scenario to be too short. At least 5-6 worlds to feel like I got enough mileage out of each one. But this would make an incredibly long overall game & each scenario would have different world line-ups: something unprecedented so far in the series.

1-3 worlds is more realistic for overall length but would be disappointing on a per character basis.

EDIT: Wait hold it, brainstorm. Aqua & Mickey's stories are in the RoD, Kairi & Lea's are in RoS. RoS contains worlds from RoD that didn't get restored to RoL. Maybe world line-ups wouldn't be different.

EDIT 2: Oh but there would still be the heartless/dream eater difference. No prior game with multiple main characters had separate sets of enemies for them.

Err, why do you assume that Lea and Kairi would be in the RoS? All the worlds have returned. (well, except for Traverse Town, we don't know the deal with that.). Not everyone's MoM takes place in the RoS... Dream Eaters will likely NEVER return.

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com

Kairi and lea probably wouldn't be in the RoS, Sora and Riku were sent there so they could be changed to their KH1 forms to relearn how to use the keyblade, and they had the misssion of restoring those worlds to the RoL, which would mean there probably aren't many other worlds there now, if any. Also, the RoS didn't contain worlds that were in the RoD, that would've been redundant.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Err, why do you assume that Lea and Kairi would be in the RoS?
Well Megatron in the post mentioned them taking exams and I kinda assumed.....man I think I need sleep I'm not thinking clearly.

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards
Gaps in the Story to be filled:

1. Xehanort's Past before BBS,Time as Ansem's Apprentice,Creation of the first Oragnization XIII, Anything else Nomura wants to reveal about him.
2. Aqua's time in the Realm of Darkness
3. Mickey's Time in the Realm of Darkness as well as any other periods of absence he has had in the series.
4. Riku's periods of absence throughout the series.
5. Possibly Lea and Kairi's Mark of Mastery Exam (Gathering the 7 princesses at Yen Sid's tower sounds like a good test to me, and since most of the princesses' worlds would likely appear in BBSV2, why not?)
6. The 9 year gap between the fall of Radiant Gardens upto KH1(Organization stuff, Mickey's adventures during this time, ect.)
7. A final chapter with Sora tieing into KH3

All of this could be covered in BBSV2.

I also think they should do a chapter based story system, with each chapter focusing on the events surrounding a certain character through out the series.

Chapter 1 - Prologue
Chapter 2 - Darkness Awakens (Playable Character: Xehanort)
Chapter 3 - Quest of a King (Playable Character: King Mickey)
Chapter 4 - A Light in the Darkness (Playable Character: Aqua)
Chapter 5 - The Path to Dawn (Playable Character: Riku)
Chapter 6 - The Lights that Keeps Burning (Playable Characters: Kairi and Lea)
Chapter 7 - Down a Lonely Road (Playable Character: Sora)

Then have a multiplayer mode incorporating a number of Versus features like Dissidia type battles (Since Dissidia was originaly meant to be a KH game. Maybe make it similar to the struggle battles in KH2) with the main characters and organization members. Of course a plethora of mini-games, and whatever else they could put in that would be cool and fun.

Well sven thiugh Roxas was the focus of 358/2days they did make like what 17-18 Playable characters. I approve of the first five chapters but i think Lea and Kairis training could be put into a cut scene to leave for the suspense of hopefully playing as Lea in the future. And Sora's portion will strt KH3 we can all agree so just a little cutscene with him will do fine. All in all this is probably the best way for BBS vol2 to be made so nice job Memory.

(though truth be told i wouldnt mind a bit of dissida story-like gameplay in BBS vol2 like how memory made it lol)

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com
Well sven thiugh Roxas was the focus of 358/2days they did make like what 17-18 Playable characters. I approve of the first five chapters but i think Lea and Kairis training could be put into a cut scene to leave for the suspense of hopefully playing as Lea in the future. And Sora's portion will strt KH3 we can all agree so just a little cutscene with him will do fine. All in all this is probably the best way for BBS vol2 to be made so nice job Memory.

(though truth be told i wouldnt mind a bit of dissida story-like gameplay in BBS vol2 like how memory made it lol)

I agree about Sora's part being in the beginning of KH III, and Kairi and Lea's exam I could take it or leave it. That knocks it down to four characters, which I believe should be more acceptable.

Absolute

I keep thinking that having lea or Kairi playable at the start of either BBS or KHIII can be used as the tutorial section and justification for using a lv one character at the start of the game. That way they can avoid needing to handwave why Sora is at level 1 yet again by not starting with him.

The scenarios make the most sense, but they should do it similar to FFIV TAY and not BBS. In FFIV, it was split into character tales where each character had a certain landmass of the world to explore (with some overlaps). That may be better than BBS's system of the same world three times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back