• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why is Aqua so popular?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Ansem The Wise can open it right? xD
OR can Riku open CoD too? If they both really meet?

Like I said - in KH2, once XH was purified from Riku's vessel, Riku could no longer open CoDs. While what AtW underwent during that explosion is unclear, I'd sooner say he can't use CoDs anymore either since at the end of KH2, he gave up on a lot of his Darkness and shifted to a path closer to seeking redemption.
So until they show me something to change my mind, AtW and Aqua are stranded, even with AtW being there.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Like I said - in KH2, once XH was purified from Riku's vessel, Riku could no longer open CoDs. While what AtW underwent during that explosion is unclear, I'd sooner say he can't use CoDs anymore either since at the end of KH2, he gave up on a lot of his Darkness and shifted to a path closer to seeking redemption.
So until they show me something to change my mind, AtW and Aqua are stranded, even with AtW being there.

Yep, I forgot that explosion for a second. If it "purified" Riku it's highly likely it was the same for AtW...so they're most likely still stranded until Sora gets his ass up and fetches them (if Yen Sid or Xehanort and co. don't get in the way somehow.)

Crystal

Silver Member
^Oh.. That's why Aqua was in Sora's save list too?

Oh.Thanks for clarifying on that :3

Crystal

Silver Member
I quite like how the thread's rather gone from discussing why Aqua is so ever-growingly popular, into how Aqua would potentially escape the RoD and what-not. :p

Going on topic, yes, Aqua seem to be popular in KH series, but obsession on her does not mean to have bashed Xion as a Mary Sue. :O

Amata

Website
fmableach.ipbfree.com
Mary Sue? Seriously? The only way she's a Sue is if you define Sue as "female character I don't like." She's not the center of the universe, she's not perfect by any measure, and she suffers the consequences of her actions. She might have a few of the standard traits, but everyone in this series does, and she's got less of them than most of the Soras.

Aqua's personality does seem to be a bit polarizing, but that's not necessarily a sign of bad writing. Judgemental personalities tend to do that.

Well, this is just my opinion, so if you disagree then fair enough. But no, I don't think Xion is a Mary Sue because I dislike her, it's the other way around. I dislike her because I think she is a Mary Sue. Regardless of whether she is actually one or not, I still think she's badly written, and her character really suffers for it. Which is a shame.

On topic:

I doubt Aqua will be able to make it out of the RoD on her own, but I don't think Sora/Riku/whoever helping her escape will make her any less of a strong female. I mean, think on it this way, she has survived in the RoD for eleven years, and it'll probably be closer to twelve when Sora finally gets his arse over there. That in itself is impressive, and Sora and Riku wouldn't have gotten out themselves if not for a visit from the S.S Plot Device.

Crystal

Silver Member
On topic:

I doubt Aqua will be able to make it out of the RoD on her own, but I don't think Sora/Riku/whoever helping her escape will make her any less of a strong female. I mean, think on it this way, she has survived in the RoD for eleven years, and it'll probably be closer to twelve when Sora finally gets his arse over there. That in itself is impressive, and Sora and Riku wouldn't have gotten out themselves if not for a visit from the S.S Plot Device.

She wouldn't trap in RoD if she manage to come out from RoD.
As stated in previous page by Smile and Sephiroth0812, unless she could made a CoD or cross over the DtD.
But these need a darkness from one heart.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Only time flows differently in there. I'm in no way saying being trapped even for days in there isn't horrible - hell, being alive with the Org for like a week got Namine broken and in tears - but Aqua hasn't been there for a decade. I wouldn't give her more than a couple of months.

Amata

Website
fmableach.ipbfree.com
Ah yes, that is true. Forgot about that.

But still, I don't think needing help makes her weak, just makes her kinda stubborn that she wouldn't let the Darkness in just enough to escape.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'm not sure she knows she has that option.
But generally, needing saving is considered by people at large to be a sign of weakness. That's why people complain that Aqua's on Sora's to-save list.
Setting aside how HALF the universe is on that list too by now...

Stars

リク
On topic:

It remind me of even KH itself is trapped in the RoD ...means that the RoD is not easily escape from...

Crystal

Silver Member
But generally, needing saving is considered by people at large to be a sign of weakness. That's why people complain that Aqua's on Sora's to-save list.

If she really doesn't have any way in escaping from RoD, she have to wait for anyone to save her, which is Sora.
She has been beating those Heartless in the RoD for some days, this shows that she is not weak..
After all, she have to stay in RoD to continue develop her story lolxD

Ikkin

Bronze Member

I don't think needing to be saved is a sign of weakness in and of itself -- it's what one needs to be saved from that might suggest one is weak.

Like... Sora isn't weak because Riku needed to save him from Xemnas' attempt to tear out his heart, because he had no way of anticipating and preventing it and there's no reason to think it was possible for anyone to escape on their own. But, if Mickey has to save him from a few Dusks, that does make him look weak.

Aqua needs to be saved because she allowed herself to be trapped in the Realm of Darkness to save Terra, and escaping from the Realm of Darkness is normally impossible. I don't think the inability to break the laws of the universe really makes her seem weak. XD;

Amata

Website
fmableach.ipbfree.com
I don't think needing to be saved is a sign of weakness in and of itself -- it's what one needs to be saved from that might suggest one is weak.

Like... Sora isn't weak because Riku needed to save him from Xemnas' attempt to tear out his heart, because he had no way of anticipating and preventing it and there's no reason to think it was possible for anyone to escape on their own. But, if Mickey has to save him from a few Dusks, that does make him look weak.

Aqua needs to be saved because she allowed herself to be trapped in the Realm of Darkness to save Terra, and escaping from the Realm of Darkness is normally impossible. I don't think the inability to break the laws of the universe really makes her seem weak. XD;

Yeah, this is exactly what I was getting at. But put more eloquently than I ever could.

Mog

Awards
Why do you think OP? She totally shits on 99.99% of women in the real world, yes even supermodels.
Lets see:

6) She is way too relevant and was given too much relevance in the story, was the only one who remained as a baddas in BBS, lets see Ventus was sent into an infinite coma if action is not taken, Terra was turned into a powerless teen with white war with near no memories, while Ventus was playing sleeping beauty and Terra the powerless teen game, Aqua has been fighting the heartless in their homeworld day an dnight.
7) She beated the crap out of a X-blade powered Vanitas.
8) Defeated Terranort.
9) It reminds people how the female protagonist should be, a total badass, instead of a sissy princess.
10) If it werent for her Vanitas would had owned the KHverse.
etc.

You're giving Aqua too much credit I think.I think Ven had to do more work to beat Vanitas than Aqua did.Ven faced him one on one,fresh breeze vs incompleted x-blade.Aqua faced him,Stormfall vs completed X-blade AND she had mickey as backup,and they are both keyblade masters.Also,Aqua's wayfinder powered her keyblade up,and it did end up more powerful than the X-Blade.So yeah,you get my drift.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
You're giving Aqua too much credit I think.I think Ven had to do more work to beat Vanitas than Aqua did.Ven faced him one on one,fresh breeze vs incompleted x-blade.Aqua faced him,Stormfall vs completed X-blade AND she had mickey as backup,and they are both keyblade masters.Also,Aqua's wayfinder powered her keyblade up,and it did end up more powerful than the X-Blade.So yeah,you get my drift.
Well I don't know about that Aqua did have to fight Braig then was almost immediately knocked-out by Vanitas so then like you said had to go up against a recently fused Venitas. I'd say Aqua had it harder.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Well I don't know about that Aqua did have to fight Braig then was almost immediately knocked-out by Vanitas so then like you said had to go up against a recently fused Venitas. I'd say Aqua had it harder.

You're forgetting Ven was fighting Vanitas from the inside all along and was the one who eventually smashed his own Heart.

Dross263

She should spend some freaking time in saving her friends Terra and Ven instead of beating the Heartless in the RoD.
If she could, she'd do it. Sadly she will have to wait for Sora to go there and rescue her, since she is in Sora's "un-tormenting" list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back