• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

why is a crucifix holy?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

soki

I was raised on Christian beleifs taught that all other religins and ideas about he universe's functions were demonic and to be condemed. But I've always wondered what is up with the cross being holy, it's basicly Jesus' deathbed. How are two crossed planks of wood holy all of a sudden?

Cache

It's supplanted icon worship. They (Christians) will pray to the cross but instead of praying to the wood/plastic/made in China sticker they instead supplant their deity of choice, in this case Christ, or God. We do the same things as human beings when we pick up a piece of jewelery or smell a scent that reminds us of happy times--we don't think of the objects, we think of the meaning of those objects. It works the same way for people who have 'triggers' that set them into severe mood swings, but to an uncontrolled degree.

violent_anger

Think smaller, more legs.
Blowing up The storm's around. In a silence Have a
anyways...

jesus lugged a heavy chunk of wood all across town while getting whipped, and because of that, we are free from sin. no 'free ride to heaven no matter what' posts.

as for your "christian upbringing" you were taught a religified version of what the kkk beleive.

pepsi458

Website
pepsi458.deviantart.com
The cross on which Jesus was crusified on is currently in Vatican City. The reason it as well as the sybol of a cross is holy is because it still has the power of Jesus on it. ex. To prove the cross was real they had a lady who was dying of cancer lay on it. Remember this was years befor medine for cancer. In the end the lady was healed and lived for many more years before dying of old age.
Oh also the tree Jesus was crucified on after that never grew to the neccisary hight to kill a man again and to this day it is very small type of tree.

Soraroxrikusux05

very simply, the cross represents what jesus did for us. he let himself be crucified, which was actually considered the most horrible death at that time. you lug a huge cross out to its spot and are nailed to it, and in jesus' case must wear a thorn crown. so it is the sacrifice he gave for our sin, so that's why its holy

Cache

very simply, the cross represents what jesus did for us. he let himself be crucified, which was actually considered the most horrible death at that time. you lug a huge cross out to its spot and are nailed to it, and in jesus' case must wear a thorn crown. so it is the sacrifice he gave for our sin, so that's why its holy

I personally find it rather interesting that Christianity largely ignores the thousands of other people the Romans crucified. Still, who cares about fish when you can eat steak, right?

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
The cross on which Jesus was crusified on is currently in Vatican City. The reason it as well as the sybol of a cross is holy is because it still has the power of Jesus on it. ex. To prove the cross was real they had a lady who was dying of cancer lay on it. Remember this was years befor medine for cancer. In the end the lady was healed and lived for many more years before dying of old age.
Oh also the tree Jesus was crucified on after that never grew to the neccisary hight to kill a man again and to this day it is very small type of tree.

Provide documents and evidence for all of these claims, thank you. Prove that you're not just making them up as you go along.

pepsi458

Website
pepsi458.deviantart.com
Well I would love to provide such documents but I have no access to the worlds most protected country, Vatican City. However, the way I found my info is though a show on History Chanel. Good Hunting.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
So you have absolutely no way to even hint that you're not making stuff up as you go. Seeing as how it'd be impossible for history channel to objectively say whose cross is whose, since people were getting crucified left and right and there'd be no way to confirm this, you're clearly lying.

Also... what tree was Jesus crucified on?

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
actually Christianity forbids worshiping of anything else but God himself (and that includes worshiping things that people THINK represent him), worshiping a crucifix is considered a sin, sorry Christians your made a big mistake and let the church control your actions

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
actually Christianity forbids worshiping of anything else but God himself (and that includes worshiping things that people THINK represent him), worshiping a crucifix is considered a sin, sorry Christians your made a big mistake and let the church control your actions

This was a HUEG debate in the Middle Ages. It nearly tore the Catholic Church apart.

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
i'm pretty sure the jesus cross was lost during the crusades

and also, worshiping a crucifix is no worse then not washing your hands before eating.

actually according to christianity, it is, though i guess someone who does not look after themselves is also considered to be sinning

in christianity all sins are equal weather its something like stealing a 50 cent chewing gum, to killing someone, its all gonna get an equal punishment, a life time in hell

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
This was a HUEG debate in the Middle Ages. It nearly tore the Catholic Church apart.

Did it end in a massacre, maybe?

and also, worshiping a crucifix is no worse then not washing your hands before eating.

Not according to the Bible.

i'm pretty sure the jesus cross was lost during the crusades

Or like a day later, when the romans took the cross of their field.

Soraroxrikusux05

I personally find it rather interesting that Christianity largely ignores the thousands of other people the Romans crucified. Still, who cares about fish when you can eat steak, right?

Well in case you don't know, Jesus was the MESSIAH. I think having your savior given death to take away your ALL YOUR SIN would have a bigger impact than someone else dying, seeing as crucifixion was done a lot. If you're not a christian, you don't realize how much Jesus means to them, so it would mean a lot for your savior to be killed. And because crucifixion was done a lot, you think we all might get used to it? It's obvious, seeing how there are already people who can do these things. But to have Jesus killed that way, that was big. And I think you'd care about your messiah more than hundreds of people you don't know.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
And I think you'd care about your messiah more than hundreds of people you don't know.

How extraordinarily selfish. Millions of people have suffered 10 times more than Jesus supposedly did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back