• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why I'm Excited for Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Re: Why I'm Excited for Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix

Wasn't there an E3 trailer for it? If so it's extremely likely it'll get localized.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice

At the very least, they'll give us the NA we got back in 2002. However, that would be petty and more work for them to actively remove any FM content so that's not likely.

KH on PS3 is something that people everywhere have been pining for; denying it to the American market would be denying lots of $$$ that S-E needs.

Domination

Awards

At the very least, they'll give us the NA we got back in 2002. However, that would be petty and more work for them to actively remove any FM content so that's not likely.

KH on PS3 is something that people everywhere have been pining for; denying it to the American market would be denying lots of $$$ that S-E needs.

Exactly.

But I swear to god if they pull a Re Chain of Memories and don't release it in Europe and Australia, I will be so mad.

Alpha Sonix

Exactly.

But I swear to god if they pull a Re Chain of Memories and don't release it in Europe and Australia, I will be so mad.

Hopefully they don't. I don't think Square want to annoy the spanish and italian buyers especially considering what happened with DDD over there. There really is no excuse if they want to expand the series to other players.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

I had more problems with being unable to interact with things like treasure chests while I was in a battle which I hope they've changed as well. Trying to grab a ride on a dolphin to get to the Sunken Ship is absolutely frustrating when enemies keep popping up in Atlantica.

Yeah, I feel the same way. The gameplay in KH was clunky compared to the rest of the games in the series, which is one of the reasons why I'm excited for this collection.

Other particular gameplay elements that left me frustrated was the 100 Acre Wood world. I hated the minigames there solely because they required having to go to the last command slot. Or in Deep Jungle on the swinging vines, and swimming in Atlantica. The updated gameplay is probably the best thing in this collection, IMO.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Hopefully they don't. I don't think Square want to annoy the spanish and italian buyers especially considering what happened with DDD over there. There really is no excuse if they want to expand the series to other players.

To be honest the DDD-issue with Spain and Italy went way out of hand especially in the behaviour of some of the fans. No one shall deny that it was a dickish move on Square's part, especially since there were trailers in spanish and italian at first, but the backlash that came from it was way overblown.
Also since there were people attacked who didn't have any say in the matter, like one of the Admins of the SE-blog Europe or even the Square NA forums.

As for the HD Collection, since it is also aimed at a new audience I would be surprised if they decide to skip over Australia and Europe again.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

As for the HD Collection, since it is also aimed at a new audience I would be surprised if they decide to skip over Australia and Europe again.

I do not understand your reasoning. Australia and Europe missed out on a game, something that fans within each continent still are sour about. Australia and Europe are heavily populated areas, and although they are not where Square Enix sees the highest Kingdom Hearts sales, they still bring in a profit. It'd be a low blow if they DIDN'T release it in EU/PAL if they release it in North America.

Of course people can import it, but that would only mean publishers would lose out on money because they didn't take the initiative.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I do not understand your reasoning. Australia and Europe missed out on a game, something that fans within each continent still are sour about. Australia and Europe are heavily populated areas, and although they are not where Square Enix sees the highest Kingdom Hearts sales, they still bring in a profit. It'd be a low blow if they DIDN'T release it in EU/PAL if they release it in North America.
TBH I'm still sour about it too. It would have been a great time passer back in the day.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Of course people can import it, but that would only mean publishers would lose out on money because they didn't take the initiative.

That's why I said I would be surprised if they decide to skip EU and AUS again. Unlike Re: CoM, the HD Collection is aimed also (but not solely) on gaining a new audience so a possible new market for Square, which I strongly doubt they would not try out.

Not to mention the severe PR-blow that would cause.

Ixbran

I am still pissed off that Days isn't being included as playable in the game, yes it will be nice having a 2 hour movie i guess, but still it was my favorite game in the series.

I loved the game for its multiplayer capabilities, i found days multiplayer far better and a lot more fun compared to BbS. Had the game been made playable they could have included a lot of new features, and being able to play the game online with friends would have been very exciting. and while most people found the mission system to be 'annoying' i liked it, i finally had a KH game where i could do a stage and re-do events and boss battles, instead of wandering aimlessly in a world I've already beaten with nothing exciting to do.

And with the games stage set up being mission based, they could have easily released DLC based Missions. Missions outside the main story, maybe even have made it so when playing Mission Mode solo, you could set some AI controlled Allies. My only gripe with KH Days was the limited stages the CoM cast joined you in, and the lack of a stage to fight along side Saix and Xemnas.

I will always consider them not including Days as a playable game will always be their worst decision regarding 1.5 HD Remix. I would have happily waited till Christmas of 2013 if I had too, to have them include KH Days. But i guess some people are greedy and are willing to let KH Days fans suffer while everyone else gets what they want as soon as possible.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

the mission system to be 'annoying' i liked it, i finally had a KH game where i could do a stage and re-do events and boss battles, instead of wandering aimlessly in a world I've already beaten with nothing exciting to do.

The missions themselves are pretty bland though. "Collect these tokens", "defeat this palette swap heartless", "complete this objective within a certain time mission", etc. It's SOMETHING to do but it's also not fun so it's completely meaningless.

Days was a really lazy game to me (around the time I was visiting agrabah for the 500th time was when I finally had enough and never picked it up again), so I'm not fussed about it being excluded.

Shinra

Banned
Awards

before I had my first PSP I had a DS and I was hoping to play days, although watching a walkthrough and taking to heart the things some of the people say about it I'm glad that I had my DS stolen, then I had grounds to get a PSP and wait for BBS...but then I heard Vector to the heavens and it roused sadness in my heart to think that I wouldn't get a chance to experience days for myself... BBS helped subside that when I got it.

inshort I welcome the additions 1.5 will bring, unknown (mansex) fight, trophies, HD clarity of imagery. Gameplay corrections, I'll be glad this is coming out... I just hope to see the Ven/Xion scene hopefully, maybe even see giant HD final Xion.

Domination

Awards

To be completely honest, I'm glad that Days isn't being included as a full game. In my opinion, Days was the most character developing and emotionally driven Kingdom Hearts game. It was however, the worst in terms of gameplay. This makes it a perfect fit for a 2 hour movie. Cut out all the boring bollucks and just update the scenes to HD, whilst adding another hour or however long they've extended it to. I personally think that Square has made an intelligent decision in regards to excluding the full game of Days.

Vəntus

Awards
Website
the-gapra-whitewood.tumblr.com

But i guess some people are greedy and are willing to let KH Days fans suffer while everyone else gets what they want as soon as possible.
It wasn't our choice, it was Square's seeing as they themselves said it would take too long to rebuild the combat system from the ground up.

Redhead

I´m also waiting for the game, but many websites claims that 1.5 HD remix will only come to japan... Does anyone know if this is true?

AlbertJ

Awards

I just cant wait to finally be able to put an actual Kingdom Hearts blu-ray disc into my PS3 and play it. I have been dreaming of that day since I got my first PS3 about four years ago.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I´m also waiting for the game, but many websites claims that 1.5 HD remix will only come to japan... Does anyone know if this is true?

That is untrue. The statement in question came from Tokyo Game Show 2012 in which the announcement for the collection was only being made to Japan at that time. This is very normal for Kingdom Hearts games, as most past games have been announced to be localized for other regions only after the game had come out in Japan.

Kingdom Hearts 3D was the exception, as its unveiling was at E3 which is a western event.

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar

The secret message in 3D hinted towards 1.5, and seeing as it wasn't removed for Western games, it would be a real douche move on Square's part to not release it outside Japan. Not to mention, Nomura first revealed that there would be a secret in the credits of 3D (the secret message) in a Nintendo Power interview, also a Western source.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

before I had my first PSP I had a DS and I was hoping to play days, although watching a walkthrough and taking to heart the things some of the people say about it I'm glad that I had my DS stolen, then I had grounds to get a PSP and wait for BBS...but then I heard Vector to the heavens and it roused sadness in my heart to think that I wouldn't get a chance to experience days for myself... BBS helped subside that when I got it.

inshort I welcome the additions 1.5 will bring, unknown (mansex) fight, trophies, HD clarity of imagery. Gameplay corrections, I'll be glad this is coming out... I just hope to see the Ven/Xion scene hopefully, maybe even see giant HD final Xion.
this is just depressing. You had your ds stolen and then judged a game before playing it? Graphics and story alone make it my favorite ds game though i havent played too many...

I just cant wait to finally be able to put an actual Kingdom Hearts blu-ray disc into my PS3 and play it. I have been dreaming of that day since I got my first PS3 about four years ago.

This to to the max. Two ressons i chose PS3: blu ray and Kingdom hearts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back