• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why I was absent for two months

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqualung

Many of you (especially those who have been following my fanfic, Kingdom Hearts: Reborn from the Darkness) have probably been wondering where I have been for the past two months now.

Before I begin, I want to say that this recount of the events in the past two months of my life are indeed very real. I wish this was just a story I am telling (Since such detailed description of these events certainly seem like something I would write in a first-person work of fiction), but unfortunately this traumatic experience truly did happen to me.

At 6:32 A.M. in the morning on Thursday, July 22, 2010, I woke up with a severe pain in both my neck and head. I went to the restroom and couldn't feel my right arm. Thinking it was just stress, I slowly walked back to my room but when I went to pull the sheets to re-enter the bed, my fingers released and dropped them.

When I fell dizzily to the floor only moments afterward, I knew that something was seriously wrong. I picked up my phone with my left hand, and tried to dial "911" three times before finally getting it right. By this time, my mouth began to feel numb, and when I connected, I kept trying to say "I need an ambulance, I'm suffering from a stroke."

But to no avail, most of my words had been mumblings. I finally managed to simply say the words "Ambulance" and "Stroke," then the operator said she'd send one right away, having tracked my cell phone call. Still conscious but dizzy, I crawled to the front door (which was thankfully a short distance down the hall from my bedroom) and barely managed to unlock it (So that the ambulance crew wouldn't have to force their way in) before I began to pass out.

I was rushed to the ER of my local hospital, and underwent surgery to remove two blood clots that had formed in both my right carotid artery and my brain. Days later, I received a visit from several friends from work and my family. I was glad to see them again, because I honestly wondered whether that was going to be the last time if more life-threatening problems arose during or after surgery.

My initial surgery period lasted from Friday, July 23, to Tuesday, July 27, and my rehab continued until Saturday, September 18, 2010. Words cannot express how grateful I am to still be alive and fully recovered in a relatively short amount of time with the severity of stroke that occurred, and what would've happened if I hadn't received proper medical attention soon enough. If things had turned out otherwise, I might have died and many important things in my life would've gone unfinished, including my fanfics.

To this date there have been no other major complications or any permanent damage diagnosed, something I am very thankful for. One of the surgeons who operated on me said that I was one of the more fortunate stroke patients they've had, and I heard several stories of those who had permanent disabilities due to severe brain damage. I decided to donate $85 that was leftover from several recent paychecks (the rest of which I needed to pay rent bills due before my stroke and after my recovery, and to get several necessary utilities back online) to the National Stroke Association, then went back to my first week of work.

Last edited:

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I'm sorry to hear that happened.
That sounds really scary; I wouldn't know what to do if I in that situation.
I'm glad to hear your okay.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Welcome back, and I'm glad you made it through. In my experience, strokes are generally permanent, so use this second chance and enjoy the rest of your life!

Xeon{Myroku}

Demonic Pony
Oh my god. It was lucky that you were able to get out that crisis alive. I almost lost my aunt the same way after she gave birth to her first born son. But we're glad that your back and okay. I guess the old fanfic will just be closed down for a while before you start thinking up idea's for the follow up chapters to say the least. But that's not our main concern right now. Right now, out concern is all about you and your safety.

Aqualung

Thanks to everyone who cared!

While no permanent damage has been determined, I'm supposed to go in for a follow-up diagnosis. In the meantime, I'm keeping a positive attitude about my life (even more-so than before this incident, which is one way you could say how it changed my way of thinking) and making the most of my time, which includes working on getting my fanfics updated, written, and finished whenever I can.

I can't make any promises anymore on exactly when they'll be finished, but I can get them out as soon as I can and do my best to make sure that the quality of writing is at least satisfying. Regardless of my recent experience, don't be afraid to give me negative critique of my written works as long as it remains constructive (As in, telling me how I can improve, what you didn't like, etc).

Last edited:

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
that's what you get for writing long ass fanfics

no,in all seriousness,welcome back and hopefully you won't experience anything like that again

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Blod clots,, strokes, damn

Hope you stay well and make sure you take care of yourself

AxelYoYo

RAWR
Awards
Wow. Wow.
I hope that something like this won't happen to you again.

Was it scary?

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
If things had turned out otherwise, I might have died and many important things in my life would've gone unfinished, including my fanfics.

Honestly?
I was actually feeling really connected to your story before I read that line...
It is like Cloverfield. I was just getting into it and you make me go "wtf is this?" at the end.
I'll take my District 9 ending, thank you...

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Wow that sounds terrible, I'm Glade you're ok and that there were no lasting damages done. I find it admirable that you had the strangeth to do what you did and truly hope this never happens to you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back