• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why having TWEWY in the site?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

CyanSwett

I know, I know... It's a controversial question... but it's my humble opinion, so ¿Why do we have News about The World Ends With You in this site? I mean, this is a Kingdom Hearts site, not a TWEWY site... I played the game in the DS and it was amazing and all, but I think that just for the appearance of the TWEWY characters in one game of the series, they shouldn't have all those news in the Principal Page of the site. I know it seems grumpy, but I'll put it to you in this way: If there are all these news of TWEWY, shouldn't there be too news from the Final Fantasy series and about Disney in the way there are for TWEWY? Shouldn't it be in that way since FF and Disney have been there since the very first Kingdom Hearts game? (I mean, I'm referring to the amount of news because I know there have been news of Disney or FF in the site, but almost nothing compared to the ones of TWEWY since it is in the site).

What I'm trying to tell you is to don't lose the focus of the site. If I'm a fan of TWEWY, I'll look for a TWEWY fanpage, not a KH site, and vice versa. Imagine it this way: The "Chrono" or the "Tales of "series make too an appearance in the KH series in the future, would it be the same way as TWEWY? I would rather prefer it to don't happen. Imagine a KH site that is full of news of other franchises in a near/far future, wouldn't it be disgusting? I'm not saying it is now, but... I thought about it yesterday and it would be very disgusting that our favorite fansite of our favorite franchise shares the principal page with other franchises... I mean, I go to this site to see KH, not other franchises.

I expect not to be hated, I'm just giving my opinion.
So, bring it on.

Odium Crop

Banned
TWEWY is made by the same creators as Kingdom Hearts, so it is only fair. In the case of Final Fantasy games, this is probably mostly not true, and in the case of Disney elements it is certainly not true. Also, TWEWY is not a series yet, having only one years-old game, so I do not think that it is much of a problem.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Guys, you're killing me. We've explained it so many times since we first announced that we've been covering TWEWY. Can't you just roll with us and not question it anymore? xD

Here is a copy/pasted response from Ethy to the last person who asked about this because we don't want to answer this question anymore.

There is often a lot of overlap between TWEWY and Kingdom Hearts, especially because a significant number of the TWEWY team works on KH. TWEWY Solo Remix, the iOS port of TWEWY, contained Kingdom Hearts songs made for KH3D as did the Crossover album released a few months back as well as a few remixes of these songs still with "KINGDOM" attached to them. We have reported on miscellaneous Disney news and Square Enix news in the past as well, usually because it is interesting enough to warrant it.

Also TWEWY news is not and never will be a major focus of ours as we do not report on all of the TWEWY news that does come out. We do it to supplement slow news days, and because of Kingdom Hearts 3D (even if that doesn't sound like a reason to you; it was reason enough for us) If we did not have a dedicated sister site, Final Fantasy Network, we probably would report on major Final Fantasy news as well. There are many Kingdom Hearts news sites out there who report on more than KH news, as there are Final Fantasy sites that also report on Kingdom Hearts news and beyond so we like to keep things fresh.

TWEWY is made by the same creators as Kingdom Hearts, so it is only fair. In the case of Final Fantasy games, this is probably mostly not true, and in the case of Disney elements it is certainly not true. Also, TWEWY is not a series yet, having only one years-old game, so I do not think that it is much of a problem.

Technically it is a series and there are in fact three if you consider the iOS remake, The World Ends With You -Solo Remix-, and the mobile social game, The World Ends With You -Live Remix-.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
It's not controversial at all; I believe we get asked about this a lot.

Thanks for giving me the chance to talk about this.

I run Kingdom Hearts Insider's sister site Final Fantasy Network (Final Fantasy Network) which is also a part of this community for anything Final Fantasy-related. We generally expect our readers to follow that site for any new developments in that series. In regards to Disney -- since there are many many new developments related to the company that happen compared to Square Enix and any of its franchises, we've refrained from reporting them because the volume would generally drown out anything Kingdom Hearts related.

Since The World Ends with You does have a bit of a relationship with Kingdom Hearts, we wanted to bring fans of that game here to talk about it while they're here talking about Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy. We've found fans of these different franchises often overlap, so we thought it a good idea to create a places within the Kingdom Hearts Insider community where you can discuss these Square Enix franchises -- as well as grow the conversation about Kingdom Hearts.

Rest assured that Kingdom Hearts Insider will always be focused on Kingdom Hearts including its newsworthy developments as well as the community around it. TWEWY is here for the ride, just like Bravely Default and the SaGa series is on Final Fantasy Network.

I hope that answers your question!

Last edited:

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Yeah... you guys are getting asked this a lot lately, huh? Truthfully,I'm thankful for it. Since there's only been one TWEWY game, I don't know of alot of sites dedicated to it. And to that end, I'm more than thrilled I canstay up to date with TWEWY here, while I look up my KH news. And since we don'tget KH news all the time, this also helps with news droughts.

Plus, the future of KH and TWEWY are linked now,anyway. We might be going to Shibuya in KHIII, Sora and Riku might appear inTWEWY2, etc. Things like that—and the fact Nomura produced TWEWY, and that thetwo series have similar themes, etc.—is more than enough reason to me for bothto be covered here, and I'm very grateful that you do have info on both. Thanksfor being awesome, KHI staff.

-Shanna

billyzanesucks

I love TWEWY and have nothing against it being covered on the main page, but it would be more reasonable to discuss it in either a TWEWY forum (as in a separate forum in Series Discussion), a thread in the VG forum, or at least a sub-forum for FoKH or KHS.

k99y77

Awards
Instead of complaining you should just ignore the TWEWY topics, don't post in them, let them fall. they will learn the hard way.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I love TWEWY and have nothing against it being covered on the main page, but it would be more reasonable to discuss it in either a TWEWY forum (as in a separate forum in Series Discussion), a thread in the VG forum, or at least a sub-forum for FoKH or KHS.

We have our "Square Enix" section, but the main problem is that our news articles automatically create threads that serve as our comments on the main site. There isn't much we can do, and there isn't enough TWEWY in general to warrant creating its own section. We are still just Kingdom Hearts Insider and Final Fantasy Network.

For now, FoKH serves our purposes as it is for news and discussion.

Instead of complaining you should just ignore the TWEWY topics, don't post in them, let them fall. they will learn the hard way.

Except our TWEWY news is pretty popular with its target audience so I'm not sure what you are trying to insinuate.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Trust me, Ethy and Sign will not stop reporting on TWEWY if the topics "fall" :p

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Trust me, Ethy and Sign will not stop reporting on TWEWY if the topics "fall" :p

Be grateful we don't report on Takeharu Ishimoto's endless teasing of studio recording via picspam. Or all of the songs he puts on his soundcloud. Or his blogs about the concert/the Death March. 8D

Monkey D. Rocky

You know how we have "Future of Kingdom Hearts", "Series Overview", and "Final Fantasy Series"? Why don't we have "The World Ends With You" thing like that. That would be awesome! Its not that I don't love TWEWY, its just I would like to have my KH and TWEWY news separately.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Be grateful we don't report on Takeharu Ishimoto's endless teasing of studio recording via picspam. Or all of the songs he puts on his soundcloud. Or his blogs about the concert/the Death March. 8D
That's the only thing I'm grateful for you guys dropping. Those songs were too much.

You know how we have "Future of Kingdom Hearts", "Series Overview", and "Final Fantasy Series"? Why don't we have "The World Ends With You" thing like that. That would be awesome! Its not that I don't love TWEWY, its just I would like to have my KH and TWEWY news separately.
We tried getting that, but was rejected by the higher ups.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

"We have our "Square Enix" section, but the main problem is that our news articles automatically create threads that serve as our comments on the main site. There isn't much we can do, and there isn't enough TWEWY in general to warrant creating its own section. We are still just Kingdom Hearts Insider and Final Fantasy Network.

For now, FoKH serves our purposes as it is for news and discussion. "

That's the only thing I'm grateful for you guys dropping. Those songs were too much.

If we had known he was never going to stop, we probably wouldn't have been as vigilant about them! The last new song he posted was "Dragon" some months ago and we didn't even bother reporting on it. Assuming it'll be on the new album coming out so it's whatever xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back