• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why haven't Mickey and Yen Sid said anything to Sora about who he is connected to?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TarriestMetal27

I remember watching a playthrough of re:coded and was very confused when digi-Sora found out who he was tied with. Why didn't Mickey tell Sora about this a while ago. I can understand him not knowing about Axel and Xion, but he definitely should have known about Roxas. He was in cahoots with Riku and DiZ so he should have definitely known about him. He should also know about Ventus Aqua and Terra because of not only Roxas looking like Ventus, but because of Vanitas! How can someone not make that tie to Vanitas and Sora! And even if he didn't know what Vanitas looked like, there is still ROXAS! Yen Sid knew about all of this too and yet didn't tell Sora even after knowing that Master Xehanort was returning. So WHY HAS SORA NOT BEEN TOLD YET!

Muke

whatever
Awards
Iirc, Mickey himself never saw Vanitas without his mask, only Venitas. And even if, it's not like he will remember that face for 11 years or so.

We don't know if he really met or saw Roxas, so just assuming he must've isn't really gonna solve anything.
Mickey's reaction - "it can't be!!" - really confirms he didn't know that much.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The answer is very simple:

All you imply here Mickey knows he didn't actually know.

Re: Coded is the first time Mickey gets to know how Roxas looks like, he never met or saw him before and that's also why he states in the later secret ending to Yen Sid that he "may have found a clue about where Ventus' heart is".
It was only in Re: Coded that Mickey learned that there even IS a connection, he even states this in the letter he writes to Sora & co.

Furthermore, Mickey was never "in cahoots" with DiZ, he only met him briefly in Chain of Memories and then only during the Final World of KH 2 where it is revealed that he is actually Ansem the Wise.

Of course he knows about Terra, Aqua and Ventus since he and Yen Sid are already looking for them for years, but he doesn't know there is any connection between those three and Sora until the events of Re: Coded.
The same thing holds true for Yen Sid and that's also why they didn't "tell" Sora anything because in their eyes there was nothing to tell because it was of no concern of Sora to know.

As for Vanitas, no one except Ventus himself and maybe Master Xehanort know how he looks like without his mask.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Indeed, Mickey probably just saw Vanitas as an enemy and was almost completely disconnected from the whole Roxas affair.

One can see a lot of these connections by knowing how Sora and Ventus are connected, and Mickey and Yen Sid didn't figure that out until Re:Coded, apparently.
It's like the thing with "he saw Xehanort the Apprentice and didn't connect the dots": we're the ones playing a videogame. We're used to see two characters having the same name or looking alike and knowing they are connected. But in real life, if I met a guy named John, and then another guy with a different age and from a different country also named John, it's not like I'm gonna think they are related or the same person.

Also, one wouldn't tell seen how frequent it is with Sora, but I think connecting hearts this close is something uncommon even in the Khverse, so maybe not the first answer one would arrive to.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
because they want to have a big moment in KH3 where Sora has a big dramatic reaction and cries and sad music plays

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
because they want to have a big moment in KH3 where Sora has a big dramatic reaction and cries and sad music plays

This.

Seriously though, while it's established that Mickey certainly is curious about Terra, Aqua, and Ventus' whereabouts in the series, he's also got a lot on his plate, and certainly didn't have the time to dedicate his life to finding these three. Mickey was friends with all of them, sure, but he never got to know any of them very well, and it was puzzling why he was even at the final battlefield at all to begin with. He just kind of shows up cause he wants to help out, kind of like how Braig just kind of shows up to distract Aqua because we (Nomura) wanted Braig to be in this battle. He spent the last ten years protecting the worlds and traveling all over the place, conversing with Ansem the Wise about certain matters and affairs, and later has to take care of things personally when he sees an overwhelming number of stars go out one by one. It's not like he really had time to look for them, they weren't even priority number three; it was a happy accident that he saw Aqua at all, he didn't even know that she got stuck in the dark realm he was so disconnected to the endgame. I think that Mickey certainly had to know about Roxas, but to say that he actually saw his face or even conversed with him once or twice is unfortunately false. He never interacted with him once as far as I remember, he just knew that Sora had a nobody because of Riku. So, with Roxas he never met the guy, and with Terra, Aqua, and Ventus he just never got around to it. What about Vanitas? Well, as stated above, he never really saw him without his face mask either if I'm correct (if I'm wrong, correct me, but even if he did he probably wouldn't remember it nearly vividly enough to make the connection 10 years later). And everyone on that battlefield to Mickey was just some bad guy. None of the conflict was personal, and none of it had anything to do with him; he just kind of showed up to help the good guys, and learned about evil Xehanort and his lackey apprentice through battle. Vanitas was just some evil dude to him, even if he recognized him after seeing him again he's probably not going to react much to it. That's pretty much all I got :)

Luxu

Awards

We all know that will happen as that already has happened with Roxas and Xion. But I want him to have an insta bond with Aqua, because more than just the early memory. But because of Ventus.

TarriestMetal27

If this is true then why would Yen Sid not think it was important. If he did tell wouldn't that mean that Sora would go tell Mickey about Roxas and how he look EXACTLY like Ventus. They would then know where Ventus's heart is and all they would have to do is go find Terra's. Seriously I feel like this would have made things a lot easier.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
If this is true then why would Yen Sid not think it was important. If he did tell wouldn't that mean that Sora would go tell Mickey about Roxas and how he look EXACTLY like Ventus. They would then know where Ventus's heart is and all they would have to do is go find Terra's. Seriously I feel like this would have made things a lot easier.

What would Yen Sid not think being important? Telling Sora about Ventus and the others?
As already said, until Re: Coded when Mickey discovered the hidden memories and Roxas' appearance, there was no knowledge for both Yen Sid and Mickey that the BBS crew is in any way connected with Sora.

Yen Sid not telling Sora anything before the end of Re: Coded is the same reason as Mickey's: The problems surrounding the BBS trio are none of Sora's business in his eyes so he sees no need to say anything.
Again, Re: Coded is the first time they learn there even IS a connection.

Sora also cannot go and tell anyone about Roxas looking "exactly like Ventus" because he doesn't even know what Ventus looks like. Sora never met Ventus in person so far, they only had contact via their close heart connection and in both cases Sora was still very little (a newborn heart and a 4year-old, respectively), so he obviously doesn't remember these events anymore.
Furthermore, why would he suddenly feel the need to go up to Mickey and start talking about his Nobody when he doesn't even speak about Roxas with Riku and/or Kairi, who are arguably closer to him than Mickey?

There is a difference between knowledge we as the audience have and the one individual characters have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back