• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why final fantasy 16 or next big spin off (ffvs13) should be mecha fantasy or real world fantasy.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
with details on why they would be a good choice for the series.

With final fantasy 15 taken on realstic fantasy, I will now give my reasons on mecha, or real world fantasy should be the next one

Mecha fantasy: After finding out last year xenogears was supposed to be ff7, I think square enix should bring it back. More perfectly suited would be body mecha seen in anime rather giant robots. You can customize the mecha suit for additional abilities, increase magic power, and much more. Summons could work nicely if they wore stationary like world of final fantasy, while powering up the mecha suit in the process. Story wise they take inspiration from gundam re:unicorn. Mecha fantasy also works really well political fantasy(FF12 I think). In conclusion, mecha fantasy would be a interesting take for square enix to take since it was originally scrapped.

Real world fantasy: Now real world fantasy has so many possibilities since it's highly used in anime. With JoJo as the best example with historical reference, if final fantasy does it it could be a bigger than ff7 (I mean that too). We probably have a hispanic, asian, black, or any can of race of superheroes. The possibilities are endless which is why I can say much because there so much they can do. Better yet, the writers of ff7-9 should do it because I want a crazy design of a final boss. One thing I really thing should do is go to select countries to attain the summon protecting the country(bahamut for usa, diabolos for mexico, odin for japan, leviathan for Hawaii, and etcetera). I have high hopes square enix will do this one day, and it will a great game.

Well that's all I gotta say. Please tell me how you feel since I provided more detail since last time. Any opinion(against or for it) is welcome. Thanks for reading this. :)

Recon

Art of War
Awards
FFXV already draws on "real world" traits. After all, it's "Fantasy based on reality."

As for races, FFXIV already covers that. Sure not real human races, but already offers 6 different races. Final Fantasy in general incorporates real human races. FFVII is a prime example and FFXIII as well.

Now mechs could be interesting, but it's a bit overdone. For example, the Xenoblade Chronicles series, Armored Core series, and even Gundam series already covers mechs in the video game industry. I'm not saying a Final Fantasy game couldn't be developed around mechs, but I would want to see it be original. FFVII and FFXV already do a lot to involve mechs too.

Here are some themes/ideas I would want to see in FFXVI based on recent events:

1) One country is suffering and many are fleeing to it's neighbor country, but they aren't being let in (US/Mexico controversy)

2) Countries refuse to trade due to terrible political decisions and countries start to suffer dramatically (trade tariffs controversy)

3) Being to explore multiple cities (air, land and sea) connected by bullet trains, airships, and submarines.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i just want to see true modern fantasy. ffxv had no cell phones, a country with only two cities (one was destroyed, no one batted an eye), an inconsistent dictator/emperor that was NEVER EXPLAINED, gas stations everywhere but no modern cars. i’ve always wanted to see a trye modern fantasy game, an action rpg that lends itself to lore as well as combat applications. why are we in a world that monsters exist but there are no safeguards or anything against them? why are swords more viable than futuristic mechsuits and guns are useless? how do social norms, racial conflict, modern culture and science/technology fit into a fantastical world?

cyberpunk is probably the only title on the horizon with hopes of fulfilling my dream but i’m not confident on a title that wouldnt let press play it and only showed the title behind closed doors.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
i just want to see true modern fantasy.

FFXV is probably going to be as good as it gets. There needs to be a fine line between fantasy and modernism. Final Fantasy, at heart, has never even been about incorporating modernism. Take a grand look at FF-FFVI. "Fantasy based on reality" is one of the themes FFXV portrays and it's probably the closest you'll get to "true modern fantasy".

ffxv had no cell phones

Except it does. Noctis has a cellphone and uses it to talk to various characters. Do you mean like GTA IV? That sort of mechanic and interface was criticized harshly because the point of the game is to explore, battle, quest, adventure etc. Using a cellphone, scrolling though menus to interact with parts of the world just doesn't seem important enough. It's not a gameplay mechanic I'd want in my game personally.

a country with only two cities (one was destroyed, no one batted an eye)

Eh, we do get to explore Altissia and Lestallum...

gas stations everywhere but no modern cars.

From the wiki:

Other cars in the world are more old-fashioned. The design of most of the game's cars is based on American and British car models from 1930s to the mid 1960s by manufacturers such as Ford, Chevrolet, Cadillac, Morris, Austin and Wolseley.

The Regalia is the only car to have technological advancements. The cars you see are elements that's "fantasy based on reality."

why are we in a world that monsters exist but there are no safeguards or anything against them?

Eos is the world of FFXV. And several empires in the world lost their crystals years ago.

The capital of the Lucis Kingdom, the people who live in this kingdom are protected by the crystal. It’s one of the few locations that is isolated from the rest of Eos due to the crystal maintaining a large barrier. Within the city, the reigning monarch – King Regis – watches over the crystal and maintains its power to protect its inhabitants.

why are swords more viable than futuristic mechsuits and guns are useless?

Logic isn't definite in fantasy.

how do social norms, racial conflict, modern culture and science/technology fit into a fantastical world?

These are defined through multiple Final Fantasy games. FFXV just doesn't cover all of these subjects.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I would like for FFXVI to have a plot/world that's more of an ancient or medieval fantasy again considering both XIII and XV felt pretty modern. Something with a central female villain who's powerful/intimidating like Ultimecia, but with more personality (like Kuja/Ardyn).

I wish Nomura would get another FF, but somehow I think he won’t be involved with this series again after what happened to XV, which would be very disappointing.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I would like for FFXVI to have a plot/world that's more of an ancient or medieval fantasy again considering both XIII and XV felt pretty modern. Something with a central female villain who's powerful/intimidating like Ultimecia, but with more personality (like Kuja/Ardyn).

I wish Nomura would get another FF, but somehow I think he won’t be involved with this series again after what happened to XV, which would be very disappointing.

That wasn't his fault, otherwise he wouldn't have been shifted to work towards SE's most ambitious project since the original FF7: the FF7 Remake. And this brings me to another point: he's already involved in a FF game. With that in mind, I doubt Nomura would work in another FF after FF7 Remake, seeing as how that project is looking to pan into two or three episodes, meaning he's technically worked on two to three FF games. But in the off chance that it happens, I think Nomura deserves an original FF game.

Speaking of which, if SE is indeed working on FF16 or a big spinoff, they should shut up about it, and not make a reveal only a year before release. It's getting tiresome for developers to announce a game during their brainstorming, or pre-production phase.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Him being involved in re-making his own game isn't what I meant. I was talking about another original FF.

And I didn't say it was his fault. I just doubt he'll be interested in putting that much time and energy into new, original ideas for FF only to get screwed again.

sephydark

Awards
I think they'd be less likely to screw over a mainline FF game like that; at least part of Vs XIII's problem seems to have been that it was a side project that happened at the same time as some mainline games were having development issues. If that's true, Nomura probably knows that and might agree to work on one in the future.

That said, I don't expect Nomura to direct an original FF game super soon regardless. There's probably a while before VII remake is finished and for some reason I don't see Nomura moving on to FF immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back