• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why doesn't Sora seal the Keyholes in the new KH2 worlds?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Datomix

Awards
Website
s14.invisionfree.com
It's always something that kinda bothered me. He uses the Keyblade to open new gates, but he never seals the Keyhole of any new world he visits.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's always something that kinda bothered me. He uses the Keyblade to open new gates, but he never seals the Keyhole of any new world he visits.

At the end of KH1 when Sora saves all of the destroyed worlds in the End of the World, it rebuilds the division between worlds so there isn't any need to seal any Keyholes.

That is why Sora even has to open gates in the first place.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Tales of Zestiria is the game, but my set is specifically from the anime Tales of Zestiria the X. Definitely recommend both if you are in search of something new to play or a new weekly series.

Heheh, looks like your avi is really attention grabbing this time around seeing as I wasn't the only one to get somewhat "grabbed" by it. ^__^

---

Back to topic:

If I recall correctly Yen Sid even mentioned this specifically in his explanations at the beginning of KH 2.

Thus most of the Heartless that are still around are either leftovers or specifically brought into the worlds either by Maleficent or the Organisation XIII which is also a reason why Yen Sid, Sora & co. are dead set on eliminating the Organisation and why Riku speaks about them "messing up the worlds" in the finale (a point many rabid Organisation fans who accuse Sora of being "evil" for destroying them willfully blend out or simply forget).
They definitely cannot invade worlds on their own and search for the unprotected hearts of the world anymore like they could in KH 1 due to the broken barriers.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Yeah, it’s too bad they couldn’t have had him keep sealing Keyholes just as a precaution to prevent a possible apocalypse from ever happening again. It definitely would’ve made much more sense than whatever they did have him doing in KH2, that’s for sure.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I was under the impression, and this isn't confirmed anywhere but it's what makes sense to me at the moment, that the keyholes and their doors are tied to the barriers around the worlds, and if one goes down, so does the other - but by locking the Door to Darkness I kind of figured it was like a factory reset and all the keyholes sealed? Not that it matters, since Heartless still find ways around the barriers.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Another thing is it would've preserved the point of the Keyblade. These days you wonder why they even bother with it, since it's just a sword by another name.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Not that it matters, since Heartless still find ways around the barriers.

As far as I recall they don't do that.
Heartless in the worlds during KH 2 are summoned/placed there either by Maleficent/Pete or the Organisation, they cannot bypass the barriers by themselves.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Yen Sid says the heartless use special pathways themselves to travel from world to world, regardless of who's placing them there or whatever, the point was that there was still a way.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yen Sid says the heartless use special pathways themselves to travel from world to world, regardless of who's placing them there or whatever, the point was that there was still a way.

*slaps forehead*
Of course, the corridors of Darkness. They can bypass the World barriers anyways.
I actually forgot that tidbit, thanks.

Nonetheless though the barriers being up again means the hearts of the worlds are safe. So while Heartless can reach the world itself, they cannot reach the heart of the world anymore and thus no Keyhole-sealing is necessary.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
the reason the donald is so weak in kh2 is so you'll remove him from your party, due to his stance on wanting to build a wall.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
the reason the donald is so weak in kh2 is so you'll remove him from your party, due to his stance on wanting to build a wall.

Not to mention Daisy Duck plagiarizing Minnie's speech to look good at the kingdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back