• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why does this game exist

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AegisXIII

Awards
I think they wanted to bring kh games on the switch and maybe even give a proper remake for days and re:coded. But to do that, they needed a team able to work with the previous graphics style and so this game is born.

Foxycian

Awards
I think they wanted to bring kh games on the switch and maybe even give a proper remake for days and re:coded. But to do that, they needed a team able to work with the previous graphics style and so this game is born.
Altho I would like Coded to get a remake I think the DS version was really Good compared to days, Days really needs a remake, Union X does also Need a remake, I guess Coded too if people want I actually enjoyed that game.

Katsagu

Awards
Altho I would like Coded to get a remake I think the DS version was really Good compared to days, Days really needs a remake, Union X does also Need a remake, I guess Coded too if people want I actually enjoyed that game.

Out of all of them Union X is definitely the one that needs a remake, I would say that is almost essential to the future of KH

AegisXIII

Awards
Out of all of them Union X is definitely the one that needs a remake, I would say that is almost essential to the future of KH
All of them need remake then. So they have a lot of work to do. 😆

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Why not just port the old games first? Not like FF10 and 12 needed some sort of test run minigme.

Katsagu

Awards
All of them need remake then. So they have a lot of work to do. 😆

No. Union X's story is stuck behind a gacha game full of filler on mobile. In my dreams they would make a full on KH game where you play as Ephemer or Skuld from the beginning of Unchained to the end of Union. That would make a great game honestly with one of the best KH campaigns. But the existence of back cover makes me believe this won't happen. And it is a shame.

Days and Coded when compared to that don't really need remakes, especially considering their importance to the rest of the story going forward is minimal at best now.

SuperNova

Awards
I have wanted a KH rhythm game for a long time now so I am fully prepared for this game and the hell that Atlantica will bring to my ears. This game exists because fans have wanted a theaterhythm KH game for awhile now and Nomura likes rhythm games. I know this game has gotten flack from fans, and I am dissapointed that Kairi's backstory is being told NOW and not earlier, but it is what it is and I will fully enjoy the music this game brings.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I think the only thing that I question "why does this exist" is that the first Kairi focused game is a rhythm game - not only is it Kairi focused, but it seemingly will take place after the events of KH3ReMIND, so clearly important.

I would have loved a rhythm game on its own, but knowing that this is Kairi's time to shine and she's not even playable in any way is bothersome. Especially because travelling the worlds with Kairi would have been amazing (I REALLY WISH SHE GETS TO VISIT NEVERLAND AWAKE AND MEET PETER PAN WHO TELLS HER SORA WANTED TO FLY WITH HER).

Henryp

Awards
I put it in speech marks for a reason

EDIT: Okay I did not put it in speech marks but I thought I did, this is why we don't type on phones kids
Haha it's alright, I see what you meant.

Guess the general consensus is "both things can be good but why together". We are jumping off to conclusions (me included) and pairing really bad scenarios in our heads.

Just went back and saw the 2.8 announce trailer and it barely showcased Aqua's back in a cinematic. Maybe there is still hope Kairi's part is good enough!

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I know I'm repeating what others said, but screw it. A huge chunk of the fandom have been wanting a KH rhythm game ever since the first Theatrhythm and in all this time we've accepted the fact if such a game were to come, it'll have plot relevance despite being a very, VERY horrible idea. And many of us also believed if it did happen, it'd be after KH3 so it can cover music across the entire Dark Seeker Saga.

It's after KH3, we're getting a rhythm this year, it's plot relevant, and...the whole thing is baffling. The gameplay seems completely detached from the story, and said story I don't believe will even be an hour long all together. Like it was removed from Re:Mind to be haphazardly tacked on to this. Either in a case of time constraints or fear no one would buy the rhythm game otherwise. We also never thought if there were to be plot relevance, it'd be this important. Re:Coded levels of relevancy sure, but not main game levels. There's also the issue of not everybody likes or is even good at rhythm games, though I expect we can go through the whole story on drooling baby mode like usual.

I eagerly await for how the rhythm game, along with it containing worlds and events Kairi's memory couldn't have access to, will be justified in-story. As of now, Kairi's an afterthought like always.

Mexican Sora

Awards
It's really just a matter of taste. I don't like rhythm games and I dislike just about every mini-game they've shoved into the mainline games (Atlantica, anything Winnie the Pooh). All I wanna do is swing my keyblade around, beat up bad guys and enjoy Nomura's nonsensical storytelling. lol.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's really just a matter of taste. I don't like rhythm games and I dislike just about every mini-game they've shoved into the mainline games (Atlantica, anything Winnie the Pooh). All I wanna do is swing my keyblade around, beat up bad guys and enjoy Nomura's nonsensical storytelling. lol.

That's fair. I think that is ideally what we all wanted to do and for a rhythm game to be a fun spin-off thing to play leisurely that people who liked rhythm games could pick up and enjoy.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I know I'm repeating what others said, but screw it. A huge chunk of the fandom have been wanting a KH rhythm game ever since the first Theatrhythm and in all this time we've accepted the fact if such a game were to come, it'll have plot relevance despite being a very, VERY horrible idea. And many of us also believed if it did happen, it'd be after KH3 so it can cover music across the entire Dark Seeker Saga.

It's after KH3, we're getting a rhythm this year, it's plot relevant, and...the whole thing is baffling. The gameplay seems completely detached from the story, and said story I don't believe will even be an hour long all together. Like it was removed from Re:Mind to be haphazardly tacked on to this. Either in a case of time constraints or fear no one would buy the rhythm game otherwise. We also never thought if there were to be plot relevance, it'd be this important. Re:Coded levels of relevancy sure, but not main game levels. There's also the issue of not everybody likes or is even good at rhythm games, though I expect we can go through the whole story on drooling baby mode like usual.

I eagerly await for how the rhythm game, along with it containing worlds and events Kairi's memory couldn't have access to, will be justified in-story. As of now, Kairi's an afterthought like always.
I'm totally going to play this at the easiest setting and if I get good work my way up. As far as the story goes I don't think it'll be super long. Nor do I think anything major involving Master of Masters, Foretellers, or Luxu will be revealed here either. At best we might get some Subject X hints, but this looks mainly to be Kairi stuff. And the fact that this game is coming out the same year as ReMind makes me agree this probably was originally part of ReMind but taken out last minute for another game. Still excited for this though.

Lol, I can relate to this. I'm not super good at mini games and I'm all about the Keyblades and nonsense of this series. KH experiments a lot but it always returns to it's basic Keyblade smashing goodness so we'll return to it eventually.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I'm kind of the reverse of the "Kairi deserved better than a rhythm game" train. I'm more disappointed that the rhythm game is going to be clogged up with Kairi content. lol And, to be clear, Atlantica: The Game would wipe the floor with Kairi: The Game. :p

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
At least it's not Fruitball. :LOL:

I'm totally going to play this at the easiest setting and if I get good work my way up. As far as the story goes I don't think it'll be super long. Nor do I think anything major involving Master of Masters, Foretellers, or Luxu will be revealed here either. At best we might get some Subject X hints, but this looks mainly to be Kairi stuff. And the fact that this game is coming out the same year as ReMind makes me agree this probably was originally part of ReMind but taken out last minute for another game. Still excited for this though.
I guess I'm good at rhythm games, but like starting at easiest anyway.

Hey, we gotta get that "Kairi's Grandma is..." plot twist!🤪

But I'm pretty sure it'll be more than just Kairi stuff. KH's number one best girl, the Fairy Godmother said the dreams of two other people besides Riku have something on Sora's whereabouts, which's followed by a shot of Kairi snoozing. So Kairi should be finding something that moves their search a step forward. Which...might just be speaking with Not-Stella.

I'm kind of the reverse of the "Kairi deserved better than a rhythm game" train. I'm more disappointed that the rhythm game is going to be clogged up with Kairi content. lol And, to be clear, Atlantica: The Game would wipe the floor with Kairi: The Game. :p
giphy.gif

SuperNova

Awards
Honestly, this is probably as good as its gonna get for Kairi screentime once we start diving into the "Sora/Riku in Shibuya and Yozora," nonsense the series is leaning towards.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Honestly, this is probably as good as its gonna get for Kairi screentime once we start diving into the "Sora/Riku in Shibuya and Yozora," nonsense the series is leaning towards.
The Shibuya game is what I'm looking forward to the most, ha.

Still hope she is a part of that somehow and not just for helping Riku get to Tokyo

Back