• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why does Terra have no interest in Sora?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevie Goodwin

I heard that Terra has no interest in Sora. I heard he has no interest in him in BBS because he can't sense his potential and chose Riku instead. Also Sora also fought Terra in Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix . Does Terra really hate Sora? In KH 2.8/KH 0.2, Riku and Mickey save Aqua i think. Will Terra and Sora ever meet?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Terra doesn't hate Sora, he never officially met him. He just caught a glimpse of him before talking with Riku. When they fought in KH2 FM he was confused that the kingdom key ended up with him and not Riku. After Sora defeated Lingering Will, he acknowledged him as a worthy wielder.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Because Sora isn't a villain that can manipulate him, therefore Terra has no interest. :p

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
Because Sora isn't a villain that can manipulate him, therefore Terra has no interest.

Heh, legitimately made me chuckle a bit.

But yeah, I doubt Terra hates Sora. He just saw two boys on the island, both with potential and felt for whatever reason that Riku was a better choice. Maybe because he seemed more "serious" and Terra liked that about him.

I have no doubts that should Terra get saved, he will meet up with Sora as well. Why wouldn't he? Besides, we have no idea how much of Terra is still hanging around and aware of what's been going on. For all we know he has been kinda passively observing in the background and has been rooting Sora on the whole time.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
I think "has no interest" is still something we can't really say. They didn't "officially" meet, and Terra and Riku happened to cross paths on Destiny Island, not because Terra saw/observed both of them and then concluded "hmmm idk why but I like the white-haired kid more, rly dunno why"

Terra appears alongside Ven and Aqua in re:coded's ending, meaning he, too, is a person who is hurting and needs to be saved, and well, ever since I finished playing re:coded, I assumed that if they appear in Data Sora's "vision" then it must be Sora who reaches out to them, in the end. Terra and Sora will have to meet at some point, definitely.

Because Sora isn't a villain that can manipulate him, therefore Terra has no interest. :p

lmaoooo

kaseykockroach

Awards
What is it with girls in this series being devoted to men not worth their time? Did Terra ever pay her any attention? Aqua's trust and hope in him was downright depressing.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
What is it with girls in this series being devoted to men not worth their time? Did Terra ever pay her any attention? Aqua's trust and hope in him was downright depressing.

At first I wondered where these questions come from, but I see now, one can ask if Terra does have any special interest in Aqua in first place, a person who he trained with, grew up with and so on

Regarding the first question, I often think it's just how female characters are (too) often portrayed as motherly figures, caring, protective, with unwavering faith in those they consider important or dear to them. This often includes mandatory affection/attention towards people not exactly worth their time, as you said. In some other fandoms, there were similar discussions and some people mention that, in Japan's case, there is a preference for this side of femininity to be shown in a female character, in pursuit to make the character really, really likeable or loveable. Strong females who give zero f*cks, on the contrary, here in KH end up like... Larxene? (talking just about original characters, not Disney ones or so). But if we talk about the interest or lack of interest Terra shows towards Aqua we'll return to discussing how lacking and unfortunately simplistic BBS's writing overall was, and how the character relationships suffered from this, despite us still being generally able to enjoy BBS as a game.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
At first I wondered where these questions come from, but I see now, one can ask if Terra does have any special interest in Aqua in first place, a person who he trained with, grew up with and so on

Regarding the first question, I often think it's just how female characters are (too) often portrayed as motherly figures, caring, protective, with unwavering faith in those they consider important or dear to them. This often includes mandatory affection/attention towards people not exactly worth their time, as you said. In some other fandoms, there were similar discussions and some people mention that, in Japan's case, there is a preference for this side of femininity to be shown in a female character, in pursuit to make the character really, really likeable or loveable. Strong females who give zero f*cks, on the contrary, here in KH end up like... Larxene? (talking just about original characters, not Disney ones or so). But if we talk about the interest or lack of interest Terra shows towards Aqua we'll return to discussing how lacking and unfortunately simplistic BBS's writing overall was, and how the character relationships suffered from this, despite us still being generally able to enjoy BBS as a game.

It is quite funny how good female characters are pretty much relegated to Disney worlds, and all Square created female characters only exist to compliment or accessorize male protagonists. This is obviously a broad generalization, but even Aqua, the character at the forefront of BBS, spends most of her time putting her hand on her chest and talking about Ven and Terra.

I just realized that Maleficent is probably the most ambitious female character in the franchise...

kaseykockroach

Awards
Shame there aren't many shipping alternatives, at least ones that are popular. Aqua x Cinderella would be ideal...x)
Though I wouldn't say it's a gender-specific problem, honestly. I don't know why Sora bothered with Riku for awhile.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back