• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

why does riku wear a blindfold?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ree_chan

umm..i wanna ask...y riku wear a blindfold? is it because of he's locked with d heartless, n live wit d darkness, so that he blinded wit d light? :confused:

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
Ok, I've come here to point out two things:

1) Do you really think that anyone knows anything about Riku's blindfold? Everything here is all speculation, because the KH2 people have seen it fit to let us find out on our own when the game is released. Nothing official has been said about it.

2) There are at least four other threads out there that deal with Riku and his blindfold. You are certainly not the first person to think of starting a discussion on this.

So I'm just wondering; Why?

Oathy

phantom thief
Awards
Website
vintage-aerith.deviantart.com
yeah, i think it's a bit symbolic. he's become so involved with the darkness that he can't handle looking at light anymore--however, i think it's metaphorical, i don't think he physically CANNOT look at light, it's just a symbol in the trailer of how deep he's gotten into it.

which somewhat explains why BHK throws him Oblivion and keeps Oathkeeper--they're obviously light and dark, and Riku gets the dark one.

Dancbanks

Boldly Going Nowhere
Website
www.habhelp.com
Ok guys, dont give him any nooby answers. Step aside, the KH DOCTOR IS HERE!
Ok, Riku is wearing a blindfold because in CoM he can smell the darkness (Ansem) and at the end of r/r, he can still smell ansem, which turns out to be DiZ, that gay inventor dude says.
Solution:Riku is wearing the blindfold to sense where Ansem is.

dark_sora214

I used to live on Saturn...but it was in danger so
Diz is not ansem, where the h*ll did you get that idea, load of crap kh doctor Diz wouldn't make riku choose the road if he was ansem, because when you beat ansem he dies but he darkness still lives but just barely and still resides in riku Diz couldn't be ansem cuz ansem has to regain his strength. Now this is my theory riku wears a blindfold because his eyes maybe have something.....like medusa you look at her and you are stone, maybe something like that because of his darkness, or it could be a special blindfold to block darkness.Symbolic works too. All we can do is wait though, no?

dark_sora214

I used to live on Saturn...but it was in danger so
Dancbanks said:
Ok guys, dont give him any nooby answers. Step aside, the KH DOCTOR IS HERE!
Ok, Riku is wearing a blindfold because in CoM he can smell the darkness (Ansem) and at the end of r/r, he can still smell ansem, which turns out to be DiZ, that gay inventor dude says.
Solution:Riku is wearing the blindfold to sense where Ansem is.

you actually did say it, I KNEW IT you haven't beaten r/r you will know what i am talking about when you beat r/r

black acid

Heros need Villains
I can only assume that this theory I whip up can answer your question ree chan

when you beat com with riku and so on. diz give's you a choice etc.etc. okey when then riku says he'll walk the road to dawn. I think that when he did meet the end of his road that he was blinded by the light of dawn. I'm sorry if I'm worng ^^;

Relik

I agree with unknown212, b/c that's the same thought i've had ever since i've heard of the twilight. In CoM Riku can still smell Ansem b/c a part of Ansem is still in Riku, that's how you can go into dark mode in r/r. Unless I completely missed something.

DragonRider1234

i think the reason they blind fold CHARACTERS (note- characters not just Riku) is because it is harder 2 recognize some1 when u cant c theri eyes. so maybe they dont want u 2 know that that is riku

firstcitytofall

Website
www.myspace.com
Dancbanks said:
I didnt say DiZ was Ansem. Get your facts right. Vexen says DiZ is a shell of Ansem, its the first thing she says when you fight her, I just started r/r recently, I should know.

I just have one question, what is r/r, and i think he had a good point on the smelling thing, i would have never thought of that, i was thinking maybe it was for training to use his other senses to become a better warrior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back