• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why does Maleficient have Pete

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Re: why does maleficient have pete

If they can't incorporate Maleficent well enough into the plot I'm not sure what good replacing her is. They either need to find a real niche for her or, yes, get rid of her.

Dream Eaters

Well Maleficient needs to kick the bucket and be done with. no more!!! Yii hee hee hee!

That is all I can say at this point...

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I see Maleficent betraying Pete in III. Like she's just been using him all this time, then she does the cliché betrayal and Pete helps Sora out to take her down during a final battle.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

How awesome would it be if pete used the power of darkness to turn himself into julius and turned on maleficient

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

dude's hot
MusketeerPete.png

State

Awards

I see Maleficent betraying Pete in III. Like she's just been using him all this time, then she does the cliché betrayal and Pete helps Sora out to take her down during a final battle.

Oh yeah, I just pictured Maleficent being close to her master goal, tells Pete she has no use for him anymore, bitch-slaps him, he mopes on the floor, the heroes talk to him and he finally finds a grain of dignity on him.

Dream Eaters

I would pay to see that happen. Yii hee hee hee!

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]

The reason Maleficent has Pete is because he's at least somewhat competent, doesn't give in to darkness, and doesn't seem to be the type to betray her. However, seeing as how he wasn't present for the League of Villains in KH1, I imagine that the only reason Pete is second in command is due to a lack of members in her alliance.

Like the other people have said, it wouldn't be out of character for her to dump Pete if she got a better offer. In fact, I could see Maleficent willingly becoming a new Xehanort just because of the power she gain. This in turn would freak Pete out so much that he would finally realize that being a powerful villain isn't worth giving yourself up just for power.

State

Awards

I imagine that the only reason Pete is second in command is due to a lack of members in her alliance.
Good point. The only villains are Pete, the Heartless and her. Knowing how things will transpire, I'm sure she'll get the help of the various DISNEY villains around the world.

I could see Maleficent willingly becoming a new Xehanort just because of the power she gain.
She seemed DELIGHTED after Rikunort unlocked the darkness in her heart without a care of what could happen to her. I'm picturing her being defeated by the heroes and approaching Xehanort for him to "unlock her powers" when, in truth, he's just tainting her with his seeds.

This in turn would freak Pete out so much that he would finally realize that being a powerful villain isn't worth giving yourself up just for power.
And there; we've got some character development for poor Pete~

Dr_Mario64

To me, I've always found Maleficent to be a rather confusing character. I mean, she had the foresight to have a backup plan in case the keyhole thing didn't work out, but when Xehanort's Heartless took control of her so effortlessly because she was to close to the darkness all I could think was, "Really? You honestly didn't see that coming?" so there is a bit to be said for her credibility as a vilainness. Also, after the crushing defeat in KH1, she was pretty short-handed due to an obvious lack of trust by the other villains, so at this point it was Pete or nothing. To his credit, though, he is a reasonably competent commander (emphasis on "reasonably"). Frankly, if she wants to remain relevant, I think she should just lay low and build up a new army until whatever happens in KH3 blows over and then be like, "SURPRISE, B******!" That way, she now actually poses a threat and there is a legit reason for more than one antagonist in the following game. Everyone wins!

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Build an army using what? She has no heartless at the moment and if they do ever come back, there going to follow the 13 seekers of darkness since the heartless only follow the antagonists with the strongest darkness.

State

Awards

Build an army using what? She has no heartless at the moment and if they do ever come back, there going to follow the 13 seekers of darkness since the heartless only follow the antagonists with the strongest darkness.

After you said that, I'm not having a hard time picturing Xehanort giving Maleficent control over the Heartless from behind-the-scenes. That way, he makes her a threat for the heroes, they distract themselves with her and that gives time for Xehanort to get the Seven Princesses, the last darkness or actually help forge a new Light.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

I doubt xehanort would give maleficient heartless, im sure he realizes that she could become a rival towards him with the heartless. Maleficient needs to go in kh3. Maybe in the next saga we get a disney main antagonist who can be a significant threat throughout the whole saga instead of just having a strong introduction, but then start to suck with each game

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Actually, I see Pete knowing about what fate Maleficent has in store for him.
Pete: "We all got a roll to play, right."
Maleficent: "I have great plans for dear Pete and for all the worlds, once I have taken them for my own."

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

I doubt xehanort would give maleficient heartless, im sure he realizes that she could become a rival towards him with the heartless. Maleficient needs to go in kh3. Maybe in the next saga we get a disney main antagonist who can be a significant threat throughout the whole saga instead of just having a strong introduction, but then start to suck with each game

I don't think we have to write her off just yet. If done right she could be a big threat again. What does need to change is Pete, he either has to get lost or take a few levels in Bad*** and really become someone you have to take seriously. Like Chaser quoted Maleficent has great plans for him so that might actually happen. I just hope they lose their role as the series version of Team Rocket, who can't get anything right.
Alone because of her strong introduction and role in BBS i really feel she has potential that hasn't quite been used, but yeah after her next big rise she should be but to rest and replaced.

State

Awards

Uh... Maleficent? A threat for Master Xehanort? One of the most powerful Keyblade wielders since the Keyblade War? The same man that survived a blast from Kingdom Hearts itself? The man who's dark-ridden heart (Heartless) almost plunged the Realm of Light into darkness? Who's body and soul (Nobody) almost changed the Realm of Light to his according? The same Xehanort who's threatened the Realm of Light about twice by now? The same old man who's past self is gathering incarnations of himself to summon the omnipotence force that is Kingdom Hearts?

I'm sorry, but are we talking about the same Xehanort here?

Dream Eaters

Maleficient needs all the help she can get to do battle against "seven guardians of light" well anyways, Maleficient is still gonna lose in the end. but it will be epic. same with thirteen seekers of darkness. including Master Xehanort.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com

Maleficient needs all the help she can get to do battle against "seven guardians of light" well anyways, Maleficient is still gonna lose in the end. but it will be epic. same with thirteen seekers of darkness. including Master Xehanort.

Well, Maleficent could change sides. Wouldn't that be silly? I mean, she saved Sora and gang from the Dusks and Saix back in Hollow Bastion aka Radiant Garden.

Dream Eaters

Well, Maleficent could change sides. Wouldn't that be silly? I mean, she saved Sora and gang from the Dusks and Saix back in Hollow Bastion aka Radiant Garden.

Hmm... it's a possibility. but I like the idea, Maleficient helping Sora and his gang. now that will be just AWESOME!!!

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

I don't really see Maleficent switching sides. The only reason she did help Sora before was because it was to her benefit that Sora carried on and defeated Xemnas. She definitely won't just give up everything she worked on for the last 11 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back