• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why does everyone think days was such a bad game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Key_of_Faith

I feel neutral towards the game, but here's why:
1. I expected more revelations about the Organization's past (Demyx, Luxord, Marluxia, etc...)
2. I wish there were more cutscenes.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Key word: IN DAYS. They're giving you information as to why it took a year before Days came out. Namine said it would take a wile to put back Sora's memories but Roxas derailed it. Any information from Days that contradicts this is nothing but Recon.
Not to mention when Namine had all of Sora's memories, it took her a week to get him up and running.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Well I got bored of doing missions day after day. The gameplay was okay, but I perfer the KH 1 gameplay more.

Also I would have like more cutscenes as well, Xion was nothing more then a relica probably made by Vexen.

Just like Riku Replica she was going to fade away into darkness, so I don't see why every one felt bad for her, when she was nothing more then a replica who kept taking Sora memories.

I would have like to seen more about the other organization 13. And more about that one room that Xemnas was in KH2FM as well.

And you know what was really the point of Xion to begin with? I mean Xemnas already had Roxas as a keyblade wielder so why create Xion for?

I think over all they could have done a lot better for this game, but I'm still glad I got it anyways and the plot was alright just not all that important.

This is just my opinion on Days =)

Gram

Banned
Awards
I think it was because we all could of gone on living without hearing roxases side and i also think its because all those namine+roxas fans are mad that roxas should be with xion but namine made him forget

i could have, not knowing is what made roxas bad ass now taht i know i wisht he bitch had never been brought up.

Just like Riku Replica she was going to fade away into darkness, so I don't see why every one felt bad for her

It all depends if Xion got to you. Riku Replica had more of an impact to me than Xion, IMO he's a more flesh-out character that her :/

I would have like to seen more about the other organization 13

Girl you are preaching to the courier. I thought in Days we were know everything about the org sense we're playing as a character in their ranks but no. We walk in know almost as much as we walked out.

And you know what was really the point of Xion to begin with? I mean Xemnas already had Roxas as a keyblade wielder so why create Xion for?

It was a back-up to a back-up(Roxas is Sora's back-up and Xion is Roxas back-up) JIC if Roxas fail at replacing Sora. It's funny, cause it was a bit to early to be making plans if Roxas fails them in his first week of living.

Leer

I liked it overall. Enough to make me buy the other KH games, and love the series.

Xion isn't my favorite, I'm pretty neutral toward her really. I sympathize with her, and find her interesting.

I gameplay could get a little repetitive, though.

...This game didn't really make me like the Org. more, actually. I really just hated most of them more by the end of it.
They seemed flat because they're Nobodies, that's sort of the whole point of them.

Roxas was sort of an idiot, but I can't really blame him.

The story was depressing, imho. Part of the reason I liked it so much, it made me think.
/shrug

flurryflames

I did not like some of the challenges in them. I hate timed missions and ones where you lose hp ones. I know they are supposed to be challenges, but still .Some of them were extremely hard and I still haven't gotten all the reports for them yet. The only good thing about the challenges is you get to see the past conversations, events sometimes and still fight with said member if they are avaible in the missions.

Dionysus

I liked the game in general since it provided some back-story to the antagonists and allowed for you to control them in battle. On a grander scale, the game lacked an innovative plot since Xion was too conveniently thrown in there; KH could still hold up without her, so the fact that everyone forgot her made it feel pointless as to why she was even there. I still liked the game, but I haven't touched it since I beat it a few months back. =/

FantasyKing

Well to be honest KH 358/2 Days it's the only game I don't feel like buying to add to my KH collection. It is interesting in the sense you are able to play as any member of organization XIII but doesn't explore the members’ backgrounds. I would like to know about the past of at least Marluxia and Larxene since their somebodies forms don't even came to be in Birth by Sleep. I don't even know their real names. In general didn't bring anything new (neither characters nor worlds) and relevant to the series, unless you consider Xion to be it. I like Xion but the fact she was just a puppet to begin with and that she was forgotten and disappeared make me wonder why the effort to bring a new character just to make her vanish in the same game she was introduced, Seems pointless. She was just a recycled model of Kairi and another spin off of Sora. Unless they bring her back somehow more unique than she was in 358/2 days I’m not interested in her.

The other reason why I don't like the game is because just the name alone sounds difficult to be pronounced, I don't even know how to spell it. I'm Portuguese and for all the non English folks out there as well they should be reasonable and keep in mind, simple titles are the best choice.

INamineI

Its basically for Origination fans!
I didn't mind the game at all, but I do get bored doing same missions over and over again.
it is a good back story for them that I didn't understand from the main series.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
I highly disliked/hated Days because of Xion, repetitive missions and a crappy story that felt like badly written fanfiction.

01habbo

There was only one thing I liked and that was the story, other than that I hate days with a passion.
Recycled worlds from kh2, there was nothing new.
Really bad battle system, I hated the slots and didn't really seem like a natural progression the way you could suddenly double levels etc...
Camera, I had loads of problems with the camera it was very annoying, I would like to see who I am wacking.
Battles were boring, the problem wasn't the difficulty, it was the stategies themself and how long it took.

captain

Bronze Member
I mostly liked the game although it was mostly pointless, not really revealing anything new.. the best thing in it was Xion imo; she's one of my favorite characters in the series

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I liked it. A lot. Granted the missions were boring for quite a bit but most of them were optional so I have only myself to blame. About my biggest beef with this is that the bosses had such ridiculously infinite amounts of HP. So unfair, wah @A@
As far as the plot goes, I've given up on the series' plot around the time of KH1, so the rather glaring absence of one sans Xion's existence didn't bother me. In fact, I'm looking forward to what they'll do with that one in the future seeing how she's mixing up Sora and Riku's Memories, and also keeps Ven in the mess.
Truth be told, I never expected all that much out of a game that told the tale of the Organization so I guess that also adds up with my lack of disappointment. Everyone and their mothers were expecting so much insight and depth for characters who only prove to be more filler with every installment they appear in, even with the trailers from the very beginning kind of said "sorry, sweet-things, you're getting a RAX game". KH is Sora's story and with Roxas not manning up for the task, they had to bring in someone who would. Pun partially intended.
A lot of grief people have with this game is how "OOC" everyone were. I personally didn't see much of a Character for most of those characters for them to be OUT of in Days. Roxas? We got him swinging between being an emo brat and a clingy, selfish brat. And lo and behold we got that in Days too. I can't even blame him for falling out of touch with Axel since Axel was, in fact, lying to him despite his best intentions, and Roxas was, well... what, half a year old at the time? Lacking Sora's Memories and having a fractured Heart that merged with his Somebody's, unlike Xion who had a whole Heart if Repliku's make-up is any indication, he couldn't really be all that much more so I'm somewhat forgiving in his case nowadays.
On the case of AkuRoku, I NEEDED Days. KH2 didn't convince me they were friends for any other reason than Axel clinging onto his Heart replacement. I didn't buy it, not in the least, with how Roxas treated him. So not only seeing how they got to be friends, but also what kept them around each other for a good while later, was necessary.
On the case of Namine, Diz, and Riku. I, for one, forever more will LOVE him in Days. I'm glad he stopped being the mission oriented prick who'd sacrifice the universe for Sora's sake, be it to accuse him of failing as a friend or to wake him up. The blindfold's meaning really added up to me in this aspect as well. And what can I say? With Namine being on the run from the Organization herself and needing to be by Sora's side, and Diz being the lazy managering prick that he is, if Riku couldn't bring himself to harming Xion, they were kind of stuck on that front. So I didn't mind all that much even the "stalling" of the plot.
So yeah. I've little complaints about the game in particular so much as the series overall. It's a KH game; at least it made up in character-orientation what the series lacks in plot.

tl;dr not being an Organization fan helped.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I love Days for the plot, but not so much for the gameplay because of the repetitive missions. (Trying to complete all of the missions is NO FUN :< *hides in corner*) The story was interesting but it seemed a lot more character driven than the other games. Like everything focused on the main trio a lot more than it had in any other game. KH1 focuses a lot on the main characters, but everything's focused on saving the worlds and stopping an evil dude rather than just the characters themselves. ...that makes sense. somehow. yeah. <.<;

I liked Xion a lot, too. Bloody, the ending made me so upset and I was depressed, as horrible as that sounds, for the weekend after I finished playing the game. It was pathetic, but I was so sad about everything that had happened to Xion. She's not the greatest character in the series, but she's incredibly dedicated to her friends and that's partially what makes her an awesome character to me.

As for why everyone hates it... I think it wasn't up to everyone's expectations because it wasn't another Birth by Sleep. It didn't focus completely on Roxas or on Organization XIII. Every single question about Organization XIII wasn't answered in the game, so that might have something to do with things. It's very much a side game and doesn't add very much to the main storyline, besides clarifying a few things. It's a fun DS game and that's all there is to it. It's supposed to be a game that you can jump into and play for a bit, instead of a crazy long game that takes hours and hours to play.

Last edited:

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Takushi Rena said:
As for why everyone hates it... I think it wasn't up to everyone's expectations because it wasn't another Birth by Sleep

I personally know quite a few people who prefer Days over Birth By Sleep, so.
I do agree about Days not "living up to expectations" though way I see it, it's more on the "what was shown" level than quality.

Satoshi

I really liked it. I liked to look further into the Organization. Hated Xion tho'.

But it wasn't a real game, it was repititive gameplay without actual systems to it and was only made to fill the gap the story left.

Radiant Princess

Considering it was on DS and probably didn't have much memory storage for storyline,missions etc. it really wasn't that bad at all! I thought it contributed to the Kh2 plot, how Axel and Roxas were friends why Riku looked like that, etc. I did find Xion pretty annoying though and Roxas lost major badass points! All in all not bad though so I don't see what anyones complaining about either...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back