• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why does everyone think days was such a bad game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
(Claps)

Well said, I like days and I like Xion. The Missioons were fun to play and so what it goes to mission to ice cream, the ice cream is more of a symbol of their friendship and how they would always be like this, no matter what. But sadly, the Fandom has lost why we play video games and watch TV: To have fun. Now today, I can't go five sites without something bashing modern disney.

yeah, storywise, days was bland, but what would you expect from a story involving nobodies. 358/2days. We played as Roxas, seeing what he saw during his days in the organization, not everyday is going to be exciting. I actually, looked forward to the ice cream scenes, and when Axel and Xion didn't show, I felt bad for Roxas.

You might as well tell someone who doesn't like the same bands you do to go out and make their own music. You don't have to be in game design to see it's a bad game, just like you don't have to be a musician to know that someone's music is bad.

don't worry, I have the noose around my neck, just say when.

1-The story is like a bad fanfiction.
2-Gameplay makes Dynasty Warriors appear like Bayonetta in terms of variety.
3-Setting Nobodies up as the majority of the cast is a really nice way to avoid character development - except for the characters you really, really like - even if their Nobody status completely contradicts the character and emotional development, i.e. Axel.
4-Xion.
5-The single worst title in a videogame to date.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
1-The story is like a bad fanfiction.
2-Gameplay makes Dynasty Warriors appear like Bayonetta in terms of variety.
3-Setting Nobodies up as the majority of the cast is a really nice way to avoid character development - except for the characters you really, really like - even if their Nobody status completely contradicts the character and emotional development, i.e. Axel.
4-Xion.
5-The single worst title in a videogame to date.

I agree with all your points (lol Dynasty Warriors) EXCEPT I wouldn't say it's the worst videogame title. I mean, it's pretty bad and I have trouble remembering how to say it (three five eight over two days? three five eight days over two?) but there HAS to be something worse out there...

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
I agree with all your points (lol Dynasty Warriors) EXCEPT I wouldn't say it's the worst videogame title. I mean, it's pretty bad and I have trouble remembering how to say it (three five eight over two days? three five eight days over two?) but there HAS to be something worse out there...

oh, but there IS..

Dissidia 012[duodecim] Final Fantasy.

it rapes 358/2days

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
Alright, I have skimmed through this topic and realized something. Everyone is butthurt over Days for the sheer fact they:

1 "Wanted more Roxas"

2. "Xion was pointless"

3. It's a "Fan Fiction"

4. The gameplay was stale.

1. I'm finding it a little agitating to see how the vast amount of you are being overwhelmingly condescending about this. In fact, most of these complaints are just carping over "what people expected" This game was created with the sole purpose of conveying the story of Roxas' days in the Organization. You are all livid based on your false pre-conceptions of the game. This game was not "meant" exlusively for Roxas. It was meant to express Roxas' sentiments and emotions with two core characters: Axel, and yes, Xion. We did not know what transpired in duration of his time in the Organization, and that's what this game iterated. So you legitimately have no right to be upset about it, as the story was never told. It divulged unknown facts, facts clearly a whomping percentenge of you are being to narrow minded to accept. Just because you thought this was going to be a Roxas only story with Axel thrown in based on *very* limited knowledge from KH2, did not mean it was going to happen. This game was meant to expand the Kingdom Hearts universe and add more material. I myself was impartial to this game's story. I already knew Xion would play a pivotal role in this game, as she is a new character, and an unidentified member of Organization XIII that was never disclosed or even hinted at. She was what (personally) immersed me into the plot! If you couldn't tell from the trailers and the scans that she was the back bone of this game's story, then clearly Stevie Wonder has better eyes than you. I mean...she looks and sounds like Kairi and wields a ******* keyblade. How can you honestly expect her to be just a "side character?"

I honestly never cared about "Roxas' days in the organization" because I was privy on how it was going to end. The mystery of Xion was the only thing that peaked my interest as she was the "unknown factor" that made the actual ending of the game meaningful to me. Yes, I strongly believe Days had the most emotional ending the franchise has ever seen.

2. Yes, Xion is a very superflous unecessary character. In fact, she's so worthless that Roxas withdrew from the Organization over her. Hell, she's so worthless, Roxas can dual wield keyblades after her death. In fact, she's so worthless, that Roxas would not have developed into a better, more friendship oriented character than he was at the end of the game. I'll admit, Xion's existence was clearly not necessary for these events to happen , but I personally find "I'm fighting against the Organization because they tried to kill me and my friend Xion." over "Why did the Keyblade choose me!?" It makes for a far more gripping story in my opinion. Tell me, guys. How would Days have played out had Xion not existed? Without Xion, there is no tension nor legitimate conflict. It would merely be Roxas going on tedious missions day by day until he gets fed up, and goes off to find the reason why the Keyblade chose him for some random reason...then Riku magically appears and owns him.

3. Fan-Fiction? Really? I take it half of you couldn't spot decent writing if it punched you in the face. And the fact that Nomura wrote the script himself makes this the farthest from a fan-fiction, more so than any KH game in existence. This game's story was literally no different than it's predecessors in terms of execution. Friendship, creating bonds, hardship, and betrayal. Keep in mind, this is entirely subjective and my point of view, but Days' plot blows KHII out of the water. At the very least, you have real antagonists and there is a true conflict brewing throughout the story (even though it's subtle until mid-way through.) Please, Days' story was far from perfect, but the bulk of you are being needlessly cynical over what is at the very least a decent story. I don't feel it's bad by any means. It never bored me to tears like KHII's plot did.

4. This is the only true complaint I found. But in essence...the core mechanics are identical to the original Kingdom Hearts. It follows more true to KH1 than KH2 itself. Repetition is the only thing that would detract from this game's appeal. Thanks to this game, I officially HATE Agrabah. Still...its redundancy can wane of the lasting appeal.

Okay, I'm done ranting now. But I fervently believe the multitude of you are spurnning this game for no real reason. It's a pleasant installment to the franchise and was definitely worth the money. You all shouldn't get so irate because you set your expectation bar ridiclously high. Then again...I was always neutral to this game and ignored it (caring only about Birth By Sleep) until the game released. Maybe that's why I can actually well...appreciate it.

Last edited:

sora364

Awards
...should I bite on this? Should I really? >.<

Yes, Public 358/2 Days enemy #1, yes you should. I encourage it. Really. There isn't much to "bite" at, considering its purely my opinion and my thoughts on Days/Xion haters with the most absurd of reasons. Though...I sincerely hate bickering over opinions. If you're going to just rant on how "Xion sucks" and "Why she's pointless" without valid citation...I won't entertain a response. So please, don't bother squandering your time.

Nonetheless, you're open to take a shot at me.

Allister Rose

French Lover
the only thing that made 358/2 days great was becuase of Xion. and i'm not saying i like xion, but for those who like xion tihnk days was a gret game, because she was a new character. still, i'm willing to bet she wasn't copletely necessary for 458/2 days. if she didn't exist, i'm sure the name of the game, the story of the game, and many different features of the game could've been different.

the problem i see with xion is that she was more plot device than a unique character, there were no defects on her other than fainting alot and what made her a great character was more based on what she was more than what personality she had.

she wasn't any different from most characters we have, and the only thing i thought was differnt was that she sacrificed herself for roxas (actually...not that original). if nomrua didn't pass off as roxas as the main character we wouldn't have this argument

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Yes, Public 358/2 Days enemy #1, yes you should. I encourage it. Really. There isn't much to "bite" at, considering its purely my opinion and my thoughts on Days/Xion haters with the most absurd of reasons. Though...I sincerely hate bickering over opinions. If you're going to just rant on how "Xion sucks" and "Why she's pointless" without valid citation...I won't entertain a response. So please, don't bother squandering your time.

Nonetheless, you're open to take a shot at me.

ROFL! "Public 358/2 Days enemy #1" xD.

Nice, though, in all seriousness. I honestly liked it. Will wear it proudly too, considering I do think the game sucked for certain reasons and I'm not afraid to show it. Let's see if it can fit in my signature...

On the other hand, I'm not going to start anything, but you need to chill with the attitude. Either you took the word "bite" as seriouz business, or you're overreacting to the point of "toughass". You're in a forum. It's an opinion. Now, it's expected that people will respond with their own opinion, since you know, you placed yours out there. Simple enough. If you can't handle that, then don't post it at all. Especially aiming towards a certain group or people's thoughts on the game.

if nomrua didn't pass off as roxas as the main character we wouldn't have this argument

I would've at least known what I was wasting my money on :/. Sora364 might've bought the game to find out about the new character, but I didn't. And I'm sure others didn't either.

Last edited:

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
Alright, I have skimmed through this topic and realized something. Everyone is butthurt over Days for the sheer fact they:

1 "Wanted more Roxas"

2. "Xion was pointless"

3. It's a "Fan Fiction"

4. The gameplay was stale.

1. I'm finding it a little agitating to see how the vast amount of you are being overwhelmingly condescending about this. In fact, most of these complaints are just carping over "what people expected" This game was created with the sole purpose of conveying the story of Roxas' days in the Organization. You are all livid based on your false pre-conceptions of the game. This game was not "meant" exlusively for Roxas. It was meant to express Roxas' sentiments and emotions with two core characters: Axel, and yes, Xion. We did not know what transpired in duration of his time in the Organization, and that's what this game iterated. So you legitimately have no right to be upset about it, as the story was never told. It divulged unknown facts, facts clearly a whomping percentenge of you are being to narrow minded to accept. Just because you thought this was going to be a Roxas only story with Axel thrown in based on *very* limited knowledge from KH2, did not mean it was going to happen. This game was meant to expand the Kingdom Hearts universe and add more material. I myself was impartial to this game's story. I already knew Xion would play a pivotal role in this game, as she is a new character, and an unidentified member of Organization XIII that was never disclosed or even hinted at. She was what (personally) immersed me into the plot! If you couldn't tell from the trailers and the scans that she was the back bone of this game's story, then clearly Stevie Wonder has better eyes than you. I mean...she looks and sounds like Kairi and wields a ******* keyblade. How can you honestly expect her to be just a "side character?"

I honestly never cared about "Roxas' days in the organization" because I was privy on how it was going to end. The mystery of Xion was the only thing that peaked my interest as she was the "unknown factor" that made the actual ending of the game meaningful to me. Yes, I strongly believe Days had the most emotional ending the franchise has ever seen.

2. Yes, Xion is a very superflous unecessary character. In fact, she's so worthless that Roxas withdrew from the Organization over her. Hell, she's so worthless, Roxas can dual wield keyblades after her death. In fact, she's so worthless, that Roxas would not have developed into a better, more friendship oriented character than he was at the end of the game. I'll admit, Xion's existence was clearly not necessary for these events to happen , but I personally find "I'm fighting against the Organization because they tried to kill me and my friend Xion." over "Why did the Keyblade choose me!?" It makes for a far more gripping story in my opinion. Tell me, guys. How would Days have played out had Xion not existed? Without Xion, there is no tension nor legitimate conflict. It would merely be Roxas going on tedious missions day by day until he gets fed up, and goes off to find the reason why the Keyblade chose him for some random reason...then Riku magically appears and owns him.

3. Fan-Fiction? Really? I take it half of you couldn't spot decent writing if it punched you in the face. And the fact that Nomura wrote the script himself makes this the farthest from a fan-fiction, more so than any KH game in existence. This game's story was literally no different than it's predecessors in terms of execution. Friendship, creating bonds, hardship, and betrayal. Keep in mind, this is entirely subjective and my point of view, but Days' plot blows KHII out of the water. At the very least, you have real antagonists and there is a true conflict brewing throughout the story (even though it's subtle until mid-way through.) Please, Days' story was far from perfect, but the bulk of you are being needlessly cynical over what is at the very least a decent story. I don't feel it's bad by any means. It never bored me to tears like KHII's plot did.

4. This is the only true complaint I found. But in essence...the core mechanics are identical to the original Kingdom Hearts. It follows more true to KH1 than KH2 itself. Repetition is the only thing that would detract from this game's appeal. Thanks to this game, I officially HATE Agrabah. Still...its redundancy can wane of the lasting appeal.

Okay, I'm done ranting now. But I fervently believe the multitude of you are spurnning this game for no real reason. It's a pleasant installment to the franchise and was definitely worth the money. You all shouldn't get so irate because you set your expectation bar ridiclously high. Then again...I was always neutral to this game and ignored it (caring only about Birth By Sleep) until the game released. Maybe that's why I can actually well...appreciate it.

^
that was what I was trying to say. Then everyone raped me and spat in my face. I agree with all that.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
^
that was what I was trying to say. Then everyone raped me and spat in my face. I agree with all that.

Trying to say, but you presented your argument in a very ignorant way, and that's why you got spat in the face - you insulted. Sora364 brought it up more satisfyingly.

sora364

Awards
ROFL! "Public 358/2 Days enemy #1" xD.

Just in case you didn't notice...that was sarcasm. I mean...Days in your sig and avatar. haha

On the other hand, I'm not going to start anything, but you need to chill with the attitude.

Um...*is confused*...I don't really recall having much of an attitude. Sure...my tone is clearly succint and to the point, but I'm not trying to pass off as a hardass. Can you tell me exactly what brought you to this false notion? This is really nothing to be getting pissy over, no offense. I mean...catching an attitude over an online forum...doesn't speak much for someone's character. Then again...

Either you took the word "bite" as seriouz business, or you're overreacting to the point of "toughass". You're in a forum. It's an opinion.

Whoa! Slow down there, bud! I am the last person to get po'd in an online forum. :) Sure, maybe back in the olden days of my KHinsider history when I was like 14 (good god, don't remind me >_<) But trust me, I wasn't dissembling this "toughass" act you speak of.

You've totally misconstrued the tone of my post. I'll admit, I could have been a little less "pushy" with my opinion of the game, but I'm not trying to push it down anyone's throat. I even went as far as clear to say that I'll "accept" what you say, so long as it isn't flamboyant Xion bashing to the highest degree with no reprieve. You can't really hold a decent/intelligent discussion with someone that stubborn, which is why I told you not to bother responding if that were the case. Dissauding people from their personal opinions is like trying to teach a retard college algebra: it's just not possible. I'm no more right than you are wrong. I'm just curious to see where your line of thinking comes from (I.E. Xion hate)

Now, it's expected that people will respond with their own opinion, since you know, you placed yours out there. Simple enough. If you can't handle that, then don't post it at all. Especially aiming towards a certain group or people's thoughts on the game.

I'm failing to see your point. This entire topic is rooted to nothing short of opinion. When you said you were going to "bite" at mine, I interpreted that as "ripping my post apart and chewing and spitting out everything I just said." Therefore, I told you to go on ahead (as it's an opinion) Good luck with that. I wasn't trying to incense you to well...actually do it. Just my sardonic way of saying "have fun butchering an opinion." haha. But like I said, I would not bother to respond if there's nothing to discuss if you're narrow minded on the topic. I honestly just want feedback on the Xion hate, that's it. Not like I have a personal vendetta against you for not liking a video game...>_>

That's why the two of us are having this discussion, pal. So that we can see why we see things differently. Right? I'm not trying to shoot down or bash anyone because they think differently from me (even if that's why I may have indirectly implied.) It's just that I find it frustrating when people incessantly revile something for the most miniscule of reasons without proper indication as of to why they hate it so much.
I would've at least known what I was wasting my money on :/. Sora364 might've bought the game to find out about the new character, but I didn't. And I'm sure others didn't either.

...True. Well, can I ask you something? What did you want from this game? I mean, I may have said that "Wanting More Roxas" wasn't a truly valid reason (and still to a degree, I do, considering Xion's obvious importance to the plot.) But maybe I'm being just a tad too critical.

Last edited:

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
Trying to say, but you presented your argument in a very ignorant way, and that's why you got spat in the face - you insulted. Sora364 brought it up more satisfyingly.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAPE!

lol geez, I get it now. This is why I don't post much, because people love to argue and never let stuff die, I worded everything wrong, I know.But Sora364 stole the text, right out from under my finger tips. Thats all I'm saying, please don't kill me.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Whoa, you made it long o.o.

Just in case you didn't notice...that was sarcasm. I mean...Days in your sig and avatar. haha

It didn't sound like "sarcasm" with the rest of your post combined, actually. It came off more as a shot to me due to my obvious opinion on the game in general and how I express such.

Signature and avatar that would be changed accordingly, of course, since I'm its public enemy, apparently :x.

s1britishguy

Um...*is confused*...I don't really recall having much of an attitude. Sure...my tone is clearly succint and to the point, but I'm not trying to pass off as a hardass. Can you tell me exactly what brought you to this false notion? This is really nothing to be getting pissy over, no offense. I mean...catching an attitude over an online forum...doesn't speak much for someone's character. Then again...

Sorry, but, yes, you did. Actually, you almost went at it as if you were insulted somehow. Basically, the whole thing exuded a "bring it" attitude that was uncalled for. Starting with the "yes, Public 358/2 Days enemy #1, yes you should" followed by the "I encourage it. Really" to the "So please, don't bother squandering your time". All wrapped up in "nonetheless, you're open to take a shot at me". It's right there; I don't see how you can interpret it otherwise or get a false notion from it. Maybe it didn't come out the way you intended, but it did come out the way I saw it. You even admitted below that you took my chosen "bite" word to the equivalent of "rip your opinion apart", thus, you responded accordingly to that belief. I'm not at all bothered, I'm just saying it the way I see it.

Whoa! Slow down there, bud! I am the last person to get po'd in an online forum. :) Sure, maybe back in the olden days of my KHinsider history when I was like 14 (good god, don't remind me >_<) But trust me, I wasn't dissembling this "toughass" act you speak of.

You've totally miscontrued the tone of my post. I'll admit, I could have been a little less "pushy" with my opinion of the game, but I'm not trying to push it down anyone's throat. I even went as far as clear to say that I'll "accept" what you say, so long as it isn't flamboyant Xion bashing to the highest degree with no reprieve. You can't really hold a decent/intelligent discussion with someone that stubborn, which is why I told you not to bother responding if that were the case. Dissauding people from their personal opinions is like trying to teach a retard college algebra: it's just not possible. I'm no more right than you are wrong. I'm just curious to see where your line of thinking comes from (I.E. Xion hate)

...I, erm, am slowed down, thanks. I pointed out the reason for the "toughass" vibe above, so no need to repeat it here for the second time. It wasn't your long opinion of the game that came off wrong. In fact, I saw it with debate goggles; the type when you notice another viewpoint opposite of yours (or constructed against all the bad things said about Days), and whether or not it's okay to acknowledge it. I happened to write that said indecision openly. It's what you replied after that was the problem.

I'm failing to see your point. This entire topic is rooted to nothing short of opinion. When you said you were going to "bite" at mine, I interpreted that as "ripping my post apart and chewing and spitting out everything I just said." Therefore, I told you to go on ahead (as it's an opinion) Good luck with that. But like I said, I would not bother to respond if there's nothing to discuss if you're narrow minded on the topic. I honestly just want feedback on the Xion hate, that's it. Not like I have a personal vendetta against you for not liking a video game...>_>

That's why the two of us are having this discussion, pal. So that we can see why we see things differently. Right? I'm not trying to shoot down or bash anyone because they think differently from me (even if that's why I may have indirectly implied.) It's just that I find it frustrating when people incessantly revile something for the most miniscule of reasons without proper indication as of to why they hate it so much.

The point was directed to all the negativity I got from you about the small comment, nothing else. You appeared to defend the right to your opinion and that it's not necessary for me to pick at it, so I thought it was appropriate to state that if you put it out there, it will be broken down. Either by me, or someone else that comes along. No need to write an explanation to this extent, cause it's not like I don't understand or don't get it. I'm not blind. I know why we are having a discussion...or so I think, as this isn't even a discussion about the topic in question.

...True. Well, can I ask you something? What did you want from this game? I mean, I may have said that "Wanting More Roxas" wasn't a truly valid reason (and still to a degree, I do, considering Xion's obvious importance to the plot.) But maybe I'm being just a tad too critical.

Unfortunately, I can't give you a short version. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't, lol. The thread would be obliterated by that post. Which is why I suggested somewhere else to go to the club, and you'll get a lot of responses to the questions you're curious on. It feels more comfortable to write whatever length in there without making it hard for other members. After all, I'm one person out of the many - people won't think the same as me. But, hey, if you still want it, give me until tomorrow. I'll have it prepared: sort of late now.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAPE!

lol geez, I get it now.

Good. Just don't make it look like we attacked your opinion because we were mean or something.

Thats all I'm saying, please don't kill me.

peteumad

sora364

Awards
Nevermind, TwilightNight! I just read your response in an earlier thread in which I presented the question as of to why people hate Xion. Unlike the majority of your responses in this topic, I can actually empathize with what you're saying. Although our insights differ (me being for the plot, and you against it.) I couldn't agree more that Xion was practically all Roxas talked about. Your Bleach/Naruto/Sailor Moon analogy was on point. Now I can see why you were disappointed with it. Basically, you feel that Roxas' story (which you were optimistic about?) was completely overshadowed by Xion? Hm...while I still somewhat believe Roxas' development was solid nonetheless, you do have a point. I will not deny almost all of his development was built around Xion.

Aqua, Terra, and Ven were presented as protagonists. But based on what you, along with countless others, perceived was prevalently about Roxas' story with Xion and Axel being key characters in his development, but not as important as him and focusing too heavily on them. So generally, Xion was to be the Namine/Kairi/Riku in this game for you. The fact that Xion was not presented on the calibur of TAV made it a shocker she got as much screen time as she did. She was intended to be important, but never overshadowed Roxas, right? Maybe I should of read your other post before that other second one. All this time I just thouht it was hate as she was a "useless character"

EDIT: 0_o looks like you responded to that last post...well...at least we've gotten past the confusion. Apparently my sarcasm was mistaken for being a smug asshole. Perfectly understandable XD. Funny thing, I thought to sugarcoat that "public 358/2 day enemy #1" with a :) to indicate I wasn't really serious about it. But, I felt my tone was easy to read. Obviously I was wrong...>_>

Last edited:

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Nevermind, TwilightNight! I just read your response in an earlier thread in which I presented the question as of to why people hate Xion. Unlike the majority of your responses in this topic, I can actually empathize with what you're saying. Although our insights differ (me being for the plot, and you against it.) I couldn't agree more that Xion was practically all Roxas talked about. Your Bleach/Naruto/Sailor Moon analogy was on point. Now I can see why you were disappointed with it. Basically, you feel that Roxas' story (which you were optimistic about?) was completely overshadowed by Xion? Hm...while I still somewhat believe Roxas' development was solid nonetheless, you do have a point. I will not deny almost all of his development was built around Xion.

Aqua, Terra, and Ven were presented as protagonists. But based on what you, along with countless others, perceived was prevalently about Roxas' story with Xion and Axel being key characters in his development, but not as important as him and focusing too heavily on them. So generally, Xion was to be the Namine/Kairi/Riku in this game for you. The fact that Xion was not presented on the calibur of TAV made it a shocker she got as much screen time as she did. She was intended to be important, but never overshadowed Roxas, right? Maybe I should of read your other post before that other second one.

...more or less, yeah.

Like I stated, that's only a partial aspect of the game I didn't like. There are other things that came with Xion's character that weren't up to par as well. The hate isn't centered on one reason only, or else, it wouldn't be this big.

All this time I just thouht it was hate as she was a "useless character"

Actually, I do think she's a pointless character - the type that believes that she couldn't have been included and everything would have been fine. If not, better, to some extent. Take her out, and nothing changes.

But I guess that's for another day, if you still want me to answer your previous reply on the dislike.

EDIT: 0_o looks like you responded to that last post...well...at least we've gotten past the confusion. Apparently my sarcasm was mistaken for being a smug asshole. Perfectly understandable XD. Funny thing, I thought to sugarcoat that "public 358/2 day enemy #1" with a :) to indicate I wasn't really serious about it. But, I felt my tone was easy to read. Obviously I was wrong...>_>

It seems it was a misunderstanding indeed. Now we shall move on =).

Allister Rose

French Lover
the only thing xion did was give more explanation on how roxas dual wielded and retconned why he left the organization.

still, i think her existence made an unecessary twist in the story that now has to be fixed in future titles. unfortuantely, as much as i want to write off days as a spin off, it can't be since nomura made it completely related to future titles. still, her existence gave axel and roxas pain....

sora364

Awards
No, that's alright. I'll spare you the time of typing out another essay just for my sake. The fact is: You dislike Xion for not only being the "protagonist", but an array of other reasons that extend beyond her being just "pointless." Imperfections that sully her characterization (whether they make her a cliche, annoying, or down right GTFO the story.) It's just a matter of taste. I don't need all the details. That was more or less the response I was asking for.

And I did note that:

I'll admit, Xion's existence was clearly not necessary for these events to happen

So yeah, Xion wasn't *really* needed...yet strongly pertinent to the plot of 358/2 Days. Useless character in this game, no. Useless character to the franchise thus far? Yes, sadly.If a character can be written of as in the context they never existed, then yes, they are useless. But only until a future installment says otherwise. Other than "explaining" why Roxas can dual wield...nothing else carries over into the main story. Kingdom Hearts II is full fledged bonifed proof that Xion honestly did not need to exist (unless Nomura intended to write days from the start, but I seriously doubt that.) *sighs* Oh well...

Allister Rose

French Lover
actually, the only reason why xion needed to be in the game is because they made it that way. xion influenced the title, the story, and the characters.

nomura probably created her simply to make it easier for days to relate to BBS (xigbar's memory of xion and nomura hinting ventus being involved with dual wielding) but other than that, the story could've taken a completely different turn. sucha s instead of focusing on xion they could've focused on different characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back