• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why does everyone like Axel?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Werebereus

At first I didn't like him when I first played COM on my GBA. But then Kh2 came out and i was like wow where has this guy been my whole life.

Why? I don't see anything special about that loyalty hopper.
He may have been Roxas friend but in some way or another he betray Sora, Roxas, Saix, and everyone else of Org.XIII

Werebereus

I'm pretty sure he's so well-liked because fangirls spam AkuRoku.

Personally I don't give two fudges about Axel.

Me neither s1seafoodsoup he's a complete douche bad in my opinion............................................................................

Werebereus

I can sort of see why people don't like him, but if you hate him because he's whored, like I said before, that's something to hate on the writers, and not the character. But I guess it's something that's hard to ignore.

Why I like Axel?

Because he's one of the few members that was actually nice to Roxas.
Because IMO, Axel (and Riku) is the only KH character that get proper development.
Because he's one of the few, if not, the only member that deserves a heart.
Because his personality is (pretty much) human. He has his share of flaws.
Because pretty much everything about him is hot (even his element).
Because he's like a big brother to Roxas and Xion.
Because he would do anything for his best friend(s).
Because he's sexy and mysterious.
And even if Axel was keeping secrets from Roxas, he was doing it for a reason.

That's why. :I

Then turns into a douche bag who, after shirking orders all this time, decides to follow the one about destroying Roxas.
Unfairly. Bastard takes up most of the screen time.
I disagree strongly. Everyone(except Xemnas who was using everyone for his own gain) deserves a hear not just that douche.
What do you mean by that? That even though he's heartless he acts human? he's not the only one you know.
Pffft
More like a pedophile but believe what you want.
Like kill them? What a great friend?...
again Pffft
A bad reason. The org was using Roxas he knew about and didn't say crao out it.

Werebereus

He's voiced by Quinton Flynn, and looks like Reno. There are also his actions in CoM which made him likable.
I disagree. All his actions inRe:CoM just exaggerated his douche bagness.

If Axel is so "strong" and "smart" he would've been able to kill off the traitors without harming any of the loyals. He caused the death of Zexion because he knew he was dead if Zexion expossed him for the douche he is.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
No, he killed Zexion under Saix's orders. Saix believed that Zexion was getting in the way of their own plot to overthrow Xemnas.

most fangirls give me the same answer "Cuz HE"S ZO HOTT!!!11!1!!!!"

What are you talking about?! That's a PERFECTLY legitimate reason!

s1gildragonin30years

Then turns into a douche bag who, after shirking orders all this time, decides to follow the one about destroying Roxas.

Might I point out that this was NOT a decision that Axel made lightly? In fact, extra scenes in Final Mix, further elaboration in the novels, and even the regular scenes from KH2 show just how much he was struggling with those orders. Xemnas and Xaldin flat-out said that Roxas needed to be eliminated; Axel then proceeded to lie to their faces and said that Roxas wasn't a traitor, he simply couldn't come back to them yet. Basically, he was lying to protect his friend, and tried to buy them some more time. When that didn't work, he still changed the wording of Xemnas' orders, and told Roxas that he wouldn't get destroyed if he just agreed to come back. I don't think many other members of the Organization would've continuously provided Roxas with that option.

I also firmly believe (and passages from the novels back me up on this) that Axel wasn't really trying his hardest in that last duel. He was angry and aggressive, yes, but it seemed like misdirected anger to me. He was getting increasingly frustrated with how things were going. He didn't want to kill Roxas, but he didn't want to leave the Organization either. He just wanted to go back to the way things were, and neither Xemnas or Roxas was going to let that happen, so Axel finally snapped. But he never really tried to kill Roxas, because he just couldn't do it in the end.

This is why a lot of people, myself included, like Axel, because there's a lot more to him than meets the eye. He's more complex and human than a large amount of the cast, being forced to make extremely difficult decisions. He's a naturally selfish individual, so once he starts actually caring about someone (namely, Roxas and Xion) it really throws him and he doesn't know the right way to act. He makes a lot of mistakes but he's genuinely sorry when things go wrong and keeps on fighting even when he knows it's futile. That's why I like him.

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
People think he's hot ..most of the fanbase is hormonal teenagers who can't think of anything but a guys looks, so that's part of why ..takes a good deal of searching for someone smart to figure out why ELSE.

june

LOL some people should stop doing various post when there is a button called edit xD

I haven't played com yet so maybe when I play it my opinion about axel would change =/

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
No, he killed Zexion under Saix's orders. Saix believed that Zexion was getting in the way of their own plot to overthrow Xemnas.

Fact of the matter is he had no qualms doing so, and admitted he was enjoying every bit of it, even using both Sora and Naminé as well in his game. As far as I know, it wasn't Saïx who planned how Zexion's death was going to go and watched it all with a smirk. Cause winning over others with his manipulations is amusing when you see the person being drained off his energy while held up by one arm and making choking sounds. It's the best sight ever to put a smile on.

Just because he decided to be someone's hitman, does not make him less guilty. Nor is it justifiable.

This is why a lot of people, myself included, like Axel, because there's a lot more to him than meets the eye. He's more complex and human than a large amount of the cast, being forced to make extremely difficult decisions. He's a naturally selfish individual, so once he starts actually caring about someone (namely, Roxas and Xion) it really throws him and he doesn't know the right way to act. He makes a lot of mistakes but he's genuinely sorry when things go wrong and keeps on fighting even when he knows it's futile. That's why I like him.

Yes, it's called development.

And he's the one most liked because he's the only Organization member who was ever given that by the staff while the rest withered away into background wallpaper. I've always hold that unfairness against him (especially because it was done for favoritism and bias, not because they had planned or wanted that character to turn out that way), more so as in the beginning of his introduction, he was just as awful as the rest and gets rewarded by living this long and getting to feel. The sacrifice and having to lose it isn't going to work because you know he's going to get to see Roxas or get a closure, and will come back alive so we can once more see his face. Again.

Yes, I want to rape Axel. He's sexy, hot, a stud, handsome, whatever you want to call it. I can fall for his charms (I mean, hell, I'm not going to go in denial and say he's ugly). But his constant hogging over everyone else annoys me sometimes.

Peeper

When I was a tween, I thought he was hot because he had the backside of a well fed female. I was very much interested in the tapping of that ass.

After my upstairs brain developed enough, I disliked him.

He's a very emotional character, despite his Nobody status. He's a revamped version of Reno's Character design, who is also a very popular character for all of the wrong reasons 90% of the time.

He was deceptive, cunning, manipulative, and ourtright homicidal in CoM. Something I aptly respect in a character. He was intelligent and at the same time, not a gary stu.

However, upon the release of KH2, he lost many of the qualities that may have inclined me to like his character. He was no longer emotional, but outright hormonal. His actions and decisions were poorly thought out in retrospect, and he was purely annoying in his manner of speech.

It wasn't Quinton's fault for that. Quinton is one of the few voice actors that I have respect for. It was in the writing.

Most of what makes me dislike the characters in Kingdom Hearts is the overly gay writing. It's just ridiculous and completely spastic at times.

The copious amounts of homosexual ambiguity can't have helped his character either. Though that is also another reason as to why I feel he is so popular since majority of the fans in this series are teenage girls.

I believe that he's a popular character because he can be bent in to any situation a fan wants, and because his character(and the design) appeal to a broad number of groups and age ranges.

I also reference the above comment o his character model being similar, near identical to Reno's. I know several people who like him for that reason alone.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
Just because he decided to be someone's hitman, does not make him less guilty. Nor is it justifiable.

Oh, I realize that, believe me. It's just that Wereabus made it sound like Axel only killed him for the lulz and so that Zexion wouldn't expose what he did in CO. Which doesn't make any sense: by that point, they knew Marluxia and Larxene were traitors, and that Axel seemingly killed Vexen to maintain his double agent status. If anything, it makes him look completely loyal to the Org. Why would Xemnas care about that? He's not exactly the chief of the Morality Police; as long as a job gets done well, I don't think Xemnas cares how it gets done or how many Nobodies die in the process.

Cause winning over others with his manipulations is amusing when you see the person being drained off his energy while held up by one arm and making choking sounds. It's the best sight ever to put a smile on.

I'll never forget watching that scene in English for the first time...I was surprised by how much Axel terrified me! I blame Quinton Flynn's voice-acting combined with that devilish smirk.

I've always hold that unfairness against him (especially because it was done for favoritism and bias, not because they had planned or wanted that character to turn out that way),

Yeah, lately that's been really getting under my skin too, especially after Days. Remember when Nomura said his favorite member was Luxord? Guess who he said his favorite member was now in a recent interview about Days? But at least Axel didn't hog the limelight in the game he was first introduced in...unlike SOME MEMBERS...

Gram

Banned
Awards
o.0 did he just post double post x5?

on topic:
he really doesnt matter either way to me :|

Jakek9

I'll tell you why.

Axel had that bad guy attitude in COM. I loved it, I don't care about him killing Zexion I thought it was the fact that Axel didn't have any trouble eliminating any of those memberswas awesome. Plus, can you blame him? He wanted a heart, And I would do anything to receive my heart back. Especially if it meant getting on Xemnas good side, or even Saix's.

Now keep in mind that roxas may in fact had a heart. Therefore it may have affected Axel in a weird way. therefore an emotional change, and in KH2 his "hormonal Imbalance" may be because Roxas heart had effected axel to much for him to handle. Therefore raising question, not to mention they were actually friends.

I like him because of the character he is, and it's the simple concept of not having a heart that can drive a nobody's actions. Roxas ans Axels friendship may only have been because axel liked the effects of Roxas heart.

Idk, just predictions and such> I truly just like his character, especially in COM and DAYS.

Werebereus

He didn't have much of a choice, seeing as Roxas would've been destroyed if he refused to come back with him. And even if Axel refused he would've been turned into a Dusk.

Isa/Saïx 'changed' after entering the organization as explained by Axel. Saïx was cold-hearted and stoic and showed Roxas and especially Xion no respect whatsoever throughout the game; a wedge had already formed between him and Saïx after befriending Roxas, and the fact that Saïx openly disregarded Xion didn't necessarily 'help' their friendship.

Considering the organization went around destroying worlds and stealing hearts while under the authority of a power-hungry nutjob, it was more in everyones favor that Axel 'pretty much doomed everyone in Org.XIII'.

Looks like he made a choice if you ask me. Running away like a chicken.

And so did Axel. He turned into a bigger douche bag. He was there to teach Roxas not be all friendly and completely forget the task at hand. I side with Saïx on that one.

How exactly did they destroy the worlds? Riku stated they messed them up not destroyed them. Besides. It wasn't anyone's fault except Xemnas' so it wasn't exactly in everyones favor.

Werebereus

What are you talking about?! That's a PERFECTLY legitimate reason!

s1gildragonin30years

Might I point out that this was NOT a decision that Axel made lightly? In fact, extra scenes in Final Mix, further elaboration in the novels, and even the regular scenes from KH2 show just how much he was struggling with those orders. Xemnas and Xaldin flat-out said that Roxas needed to be eliminated; Axel then proceeded to lie to their faces and said that Roxas wasn't a traitor, he simply couldn't come back to them yet. Basically, he was lying to protect his friend, and tried to buy them some more time. When that didn't work, he still changed the wording of Xemnas' orders, and told Roxas that he wouldn't get destroyed if he just agreed to come back. I don't think many other members of the Organization would've continuously provided Roxas with that option.

I also firmly believe (and passages from the novels back me up on this) that Axel wasn't really trying his hardest in that last duel. He was angry and aggressive, yes, but it seemed like misdirected anger to me. He was getting increasingly frustrated with how things were going. He didn't want to kill Roxas, but he didn't want to leave the Organization either. He just wanted to go back to the way things were, and neither Xemnas or Roxas was going to let that happen, so Axel finally snapped. But he never really tried to kill Roxas, because he just couldn't do it in the end.

<----- Roxas refers to them as friends and what does Axel say? "Sure...but im not getting turned into a dusk...WAIT! You remeber now?"
What do you think he was going to say if he hadn't suddenly went WAIT? He would've said "I'm not getting turned into a dusk Because of you." Or something like that.

As for the frustration, when Roxas does remeber...Axel attacks and tries to kill Roxas. When Xion runs away he says "Go on you just keep runnin. But i'll always be there to bring you back." Why couldn't he have done that for Roxas?

And i've said it before and i'll say it again. Axel has an unfair amount of character development compared to the rest of the Org. XIII members.

A

Azrael

Axel doesn't really care. He always sought out his own interest

Bond_Of_Fury

I think I can understand why he's so popular.

- he was the most independant member of Org. XIII
- he looks cool
- he wields the element of fire
- his weapons are original
- I'm going to be original, it's mostly his looks.
- he sacrificed himself for Sora, by exploding. How cool is that?

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
<----- Roxas refers to them as friends and what does Axel say? "Sure...but im not getting turned into a dusk...WAIT! You remeber now?"
What do you think he was going to say if he hadn't suddenly went WAIT? He would've said "I'm not getting turned into a dusk Because of you." Or something like that.

As for the frustration, when Roxas does remeber...Axel attacks and tries to kill Roxas. When Xion runs away he says "Go on you just keep runnin. But i'll always be there to bring you back." Why couldn't he have done that for Roxas?

And i've said it before and i'll say it again. Axel has an unfair amount of character development compared to the rest of the Org. XIII members.
That's the best part about Axel! He isn't perfect! Everyone always complains about Xion because she's a perfect little angel, and then we get a character like Axel who's spontaneous, wild, and slightly immoral and everyone complains that he's too mean and unpredictable. (sorry, this isn't directed at just you Werebereus, just at all the Axel-hate in general).

He's actually close to being a normal human being. He's usually trying to do the right thing, but he's selfish, a bit rash, and very temperamental. Of course all his decisions aren't going to line up in a specific set of morals. Can anyone honestly say that every action they've made in their entire life has fallen perfectly in line with their morals? I can't. People make mistakes. Especially when they can't feel friendship because they don't have a heart, and their life is at stake. I would say seeing right from wrong would be a bit harder when you have no conscience to guide you. Everything he does is just him remembering what it was like to be good (if he ever truly was good). Of course as he hung out with Roxas he got a pseudo-heart (bunch of Nomura bull-crap in my opinion, but I digress...), but that still doesn't make him perfect, it just makes him even more temperamental.

And while Axel was developed a lot more than other members of the Organization, that doesn't necessarily make him a bad character. Just because Sora is the main character, and gets the most screen time of any character, shouldn't mean that he's automatically a bad character. He's a bad character because he's irritating, stupid, the biggest Gary Stu you'll ever see in a video game. And his voice is like nails on a chalkboard in KH1.

I'm not saying Axel's perfect -- since no character in any video game I've played is -- he's just pretty much the best character in the series at acting with normal faults and mistakes.

But I do agree with everyone who said Axel acts too gay towards Roxas. I'm sick of all the yaoi implications in KH (not that I believe any of it is true).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back