• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why does everyone hate Advent Children so much?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xuchilbara

Awards
Website
soundcloud.com
Hello Gals And Guys!

As the topic title suggests, I just wanted to get peoples opinions on why so many fans and non-fans alike seem to hate FFVII AC so much. Personally I was psyched when I first heard about it. When I saw the preview I almost couldnt believe what I was seeing. I was so happy to be getting another piece of story from one of my favorite media experiences at that time. I still watch ACC on my vita every couple months or so just to enjoy the film from time to time. I always see references to the movie saying it was horrible and what not but most people dont give a clear reason as to why they actually dislike it other than the fact that it is a Final Fantasy sequel and such things are forbidden :p

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Probably because it's in the same vein as FF7 and most people feel that particular instalment has been done to death and then some.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
I like advent children complete, but the original had very little plot.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
It didn't add anything to the game, just created more plotlines to span more spin-offs from by just throwing random junk at the screen.

It was mostly just a showcase for another Cloud vs Sephiroth battle.

I agree with the whole "FFVII overrated" thing; but on the whole, Advent Children is just sort of a poor movie.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
I really enjoyed the movie, and still do. I'm one of those guys who loves the FFVII spinoffs. This being one of those spinoffs. Yes, it does have its issues, such as the convoluted story that doesn't make me care about the characters, as much as I do. The problems aside, I love it for the visual spectacle. The music is fantastic, imo. The action is top notch, and the voice acting is equally pleasing. I love it less, than I did a few years ago, but this movie is still a staple of my childhood, and I do think it's a great movie.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
I don't know. I feel it's in the same vein as Disney movies in that you could probably watch it time and time again but I would have to give it a few years in between each sitting. Angst, angst, that's all it's about, really. Also, it doesn't help that you have to have played/read up on FF7 to even know what the frig's going on. Not friendly to outsiders.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
hate all those fangirls that watch AC and think they know ff7

like no you just drooled over reno for an hour stop

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
It looks good, and the action was animated nicely, story was forgettable, though. I think people hate it for the same reason they hate FF7 (overrated, FF9 was better). I liked it for what it was.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't really enjoy AC. Now ACC was infinitely better than AC, only because it added more plot and explained things and had y'know...children.

Still, like most people said, the story forgettable. It isn't a masterpiece by any means (except the CG work is stunning)

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
I don't know. I feel it's in the same vein as Disney movies in that you could probably watch it time and time again but I would have to give it a few years in between each sitting. Angst, angst, that's all it's about, really. Also, it doesn't help that you have to have played/read up on FF7 to even know what the frig's going on. Not friendly to outsiders.

I don't really enjoy AC. Now ACC was infinitely better than AC, only because it added more plot and explained things and had y'know...children.

Still, like most people said, the story forgettable. It isn't a masterpiece by any means (except the CG work is stunning)

Agree with these sentiments.

I will admit though, I like to fastforward and just watch the fights because they are FUCKING GORGEOUS.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
This thread makes me want to watch Complete now. Never knew it was really that big of a thing.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
To enjoy AC all you have to do is ignore the story and enjoy the visuals.
I mean come on
[video=youtube;1KxjGn30PDA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KxjGn30PDA&feature=related[/video]

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Also, can I just say that 'Loveless' is such a cliché and bores me to death. Genesis needs to get over himself BIG TIME. I literally roll my eyes every time he's on screen.

Last edited:

morgancb35

I liked it! Ac complete was so much better though because of all the new segments. I need to watch that movie again it's been a while!

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Genesis wasn't in the movie though. But I agree that he's a terrible character.

ACC is decent fan service, but that's also all it is.

MegaCore5

Awards
Hello Gals And Guys!

As the topic title suggests, I just wanted to get peoples opinions on why so many fans and non-fans alike seem to hate FFVII AC so much. Personally I was psyched when I first heard about it. When I saw the preview I almost couldnt believe what I was seeing. I was so happy to be getting another piece of story from one of my favorite media experiences at that time. I still watch ACC on my vita every couple months or so just to enjoy the film from time to time. I always see references to the movie saying it was horrible and what not but most people dont give a clear reason as to why they actually dislike it other than the fact that it is a Final Fantasy sequel and such things are forbidden :p
well the reason why nonfans would be displeased with this movie is because it didn't really make lots sense unless you actually played Final Fantasy 7. Well actually the storyline didn't make sense anyways.(at least it didn't to me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back