• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why does everyone call the Lingering Sentiment the Lingering Will.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

FangirlfromHell

Awards
This is something about BBS and KHIIFM that have bothered me for way too long. Why in the name of Kermit the Frog do we keep listing Terra's armor as 'Lingering Will' when it has always been 'Lingering Sentiment':mad:? It's an honest question that deserves and honest answer. I mean when FM first came out, the armor was called 'Lingering Sentiment'. 'Lingering Will' refers to Vanitas' secret boss mode.

This threat might get hate, but I just need to know why I'm the only person bothered by this issue. My own answer is probably because I nitpick after Terra in general. I also think that BBS should have T-shirts.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
From what I know the two terms are interchangeable, because if I remember correctly, the game has never explicitly stated what those beings are; those names are fan-given placeholder names. The only reference to such a being was in the battle against Vanitas' remnant, which was referred to as Vanitas' lingering spirit.

If you want to be truly literal, you can also refer to the Lingering Will as the Lingering Thoughts, as its Japanese name, 留まりし思念 (todomarishi shinen), means "the thoughts that stay behind".

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ Exactly. As for where the "Lingering Will" bit came from, it was due to this:

300px-RiseoftheSentiment.png

The force field the armor creates to battle Terranort is referred to as "Wills Cage".

ImpZ

That was it, I was like dang it I remember something about Lingering Will or something about Will mentioned in BbS but couldn't remember what it was.

FangirlfromHell

Awards
People call the Vanitas secret boss "Vanitas Sentiment", "Vanitas Lingering Spirit", but I've never seen anybody call it specifically by "Lingering Will"

You are correct, it is 'Vanitas Lingering Spirit' (just conferred with my BBS Guidebook). I just don't know where Will came from period. Ever since KH2FM, I only ever saw Lingering Sentiment. Though Lingering Will does actually make a bit more sense as it is not Terra's heart but his willpower that gave it life.

Zebedy

Awards
Well, Lingering Sentiment was a fan translation/term. When BBS came out, it got a more official localization term, which was Lingering Will.

It's like how when KH2:FM+ came out we called it the "Chamber/Room of Sleep" but then the official localization name was "Chamber of Repose".

FangirlfromHell

Awards
Well, Lingering Sentiment was a fan translation/term. When BBS came out, it got a more official localization term, which was Lingering Will.

It's like how when KH2:FM+ came out we called it the "Chamber/Room of Sleep" but then the official localization name was "Chamber of Repose".

I see now. That makes more sense. Well, I'll go ahead and stick to Lingering Sentiment since it's what I've called him since II Final Mix originally came out. Thanks everyone who replied to this thread.

kh13

This is something about BBS and KHIIFM that have bothered me for way too long. Why in the name of Kermit the Frog do we keep listing Terra's armor as 'Lingering Will' when it has always been 'Lingering Sentiment':mad:? It's an honest question that deserves and honest answer. I mean when FM first came out, the armor was called 'Lingering Sentiment'. 'Lingering Will' refers to Vanitas' secret boss mode.

This threat might get hate, but I just need to know why I'm the only person bothered by this issue. My own answer is probably because I nitpick after Terra in general. I also think that BBS should have T-shirts.

I've always just called it the lingering spirit because that's what it sort of is. Cause if you think about it maybe a piece of his spirit attached to the armor sort of like how if you use something or in this case wear something enough it becomes a part of you.

Master Ultima

Awards
Cause lingering sentiment is like they said a fan term. Lingering will I think is the official term.

KeySpyMaster

Awards
Website
www.khdatabase.com
The two are interchangeable, since the character has never been officially named in English. As for Vanitas (the optional boss), over at the Kingdom Hearts Wiki, we call it the Vanitas Remnant. I've never heard it called the Vanitas Sentiment or Vanitas Lingering Spirit, though.

Last edited:

Master Ultima

Awards
The two are interchangeable, since the character has never been officially named in English. As for Vanitas (the optional boss), over at the Kingdom Hearts Wiki, we call it the Vanitas Remnant. I've never heard it called the Vanitas Sentiment or Vanitas Lingering Spirit, though.
Is Vanitas Remnant what's left of Vanitas's darkness or emotions?

KeySpyMaster

Awards
Website
www.khdatabase.com
Yeah, it's the remnants of his emotions and thoughts, I believe.

According to the wiki, the Journal says (because I've yet to beat him myself):

A physical manifestation of what remained of Vanitas's powerful thoughts and feelings.

Indeed, I think that Vanitas Remnant is the official name in the game (we're very picky with non-official things, and there's no indication that the name is a placeholder).

FangirlfromHell

Awards
Yeah, it's the remnants of his emotions and thoughts, I believe.

According to the wiki, the Journal says (because I've yet to beat him myself):

A physical manifestation of what remained of Vanitas's powerful thoughts and feelings.

Indeed, I think that Vanitas Remnant is the official name in the game (we're very picky with non-official things, and there's no indication that the name is a placeholder).
According to the official guidebook, the official name is Vanitas's Lingering Spirit. I had to go dig it from it's protective hiding place to find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back