• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why does DiZ ask Riku for his real name

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bridgeman

At the end of the 4th day, Riku asks DiZ whose nobody Namine is, then DiZ asks Riku what his real name is.

It doesn't really make sense to me, doesn't DiZ recruit Riku after their Castle Oblivion thing happened? Riku telling DiZ his name is "Ansem" seems equally pointless. The only reason I can see for doing that is to not spoil that Riku was helping out DiZ right off the bat, but story wise it makes no sense.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
He does it to see if Riku can remember who he truly is, because it was clear that his form had changed to that of Ansem.

Bridgeman

So when Riku told DiZ his name was "Ansem", DiZ believed Riku could no longer remember who he was?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
He did so as a clever joke. In KH2 when DiZ first asked Riku for his name, he was ashamed of himself and his current state, and chose to hide behind the name of "Ansem".

In KH3D, Riku is able to proudly say his own name, as a sign of just how far he's come since then.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It is even explained in KH 2 itself when DiZ meets Mickey in the last world:

DiZ said:
And when he did...you saw what became of him. When Riku brought Roxas back to me, he was introducing himself...as Ansem.
If that was what it took to awaken his friend, he was ready to live in darkness.
Riku was the victim of my revenge. ...Oh, how my heart ached. I could only laugh to hide my shame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back