• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why does Cloud sound so different?!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

reimeille

He doesn't sound like Steve Burton...? Is his voice actor changed or did Burton just change over time (never played coded or re:coded so can someone tell me what year these were recorded?) I'm watching from 2.5, if it makes any difference.

I'm looking everywhere but I can't find out why he sounds SO different... KH and FF wiki both still say only Burton but...???? send help pls so confused

reimeille

Thank you, you two :) I know he doesn't play Cloud frequently but there is such a drastic difference in his voice to me that it didn't seem like just a product of time.

Last edited:

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
It actually was at least partly a product of time. Steve Burton doesn't play the character frequently, but he voiced him for over a decade now meaning he still had some practice. To wit, his performance as Cloud (almost) always improves with each appearance (first Dissidia game being the exception to the rule here not so much due to him not doing a good job but rather the voice direction being subpar). Crisis Core, Dissidia Duodecim, Advent Children (Complete) and Kingdom Hearts Re:coded are some of his best work IMO.

reimeille

In my opinion he was not that great in Crisis Core because his voice didn't fit the shy teenager personality Cloud had at the time. I've played that game constantly since it released and still can't find it in myself to think otherwise, hahaha.

I cannot explain it but even between the more recent ones like Crisis Core (which was still years ago though) there is something WAAY different. It's not the talent of his voice but the actual sound that has changed (he DID get better but that's not what is sticking out to me). I even used to watch Burton on General Hospital until he left (which was 2013 I think?) and his voice sounded the same as usual then. It's only in Re:Coded that he sounds so different. I've rewatched the scene like four times but still can't be convinced that its him. But you've already told me that it is, so there's not much else to say lol...

WhinyAcademic

Awards
This is the first time we've heard Burton as Cloud in KH in nine, nearly ten years, so naturally he'd sound odd. It felt weird hearing Luxord and Demyx speak again in the Days movie to me since it was the same for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back