• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

why does BFU wears a blindfold?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

blinded-by-light

why does BFU wear a blindfold?

some ppl have said that he blindfolded himself to better his sense of smell i had also thought about that theory after seeing DD a few times (i didnt put that one cause someone already had) but i didnt think it to be very likely after CoM cause if u read closely and watch the chronological(or however u spell it) order he learns to distinct ppl by the darkness in their hearts through smell after he gains use of dark mode which means him being able to "smell" other ppl has nothing to do with the senses that u and i have but with his attunment with "darkness". so it would not make sense to disable ur sight to increase ur smell when it has nothing to do with actual senses, all that would matter would be the darkness in ur heart

(PPL AT LEAST READ THIS PART, since apparently some of u read the first like 2 lines and then post, so at least read this)
in other words: the only thing that will affect ur dark powers such as for instance "smell", is ur dark power...so for riku to better his dark powers (like smell) he has to better his dark power not worsen his sight oh and i forgot if its true that BHK is a balance between light and dark a PERFECT balance then riku wouldnt be able to smell him cause he'd be neutral wouldnt he? he can only smell the dark or light so BHK wouldnt smell like anything and in DD he has to be able to smell him cause otherwise hes very luky if he jumped right on time and caught oblivion just as BHK threw it (i know they said DD and ASAS werent directly related to KH2 but we first saw BFU in DD so if one of them isnt true then its unlikely that the other is)

(did anyone not get that cause ill re-think it and edit it later if u dont understand i just dont have time right now...well i do i just dont feel like thinking)

anyway post ur theories on the reason for the blindfold but if u agree with what i just said then at least we know one of them isnt true (or at least isnt probable)

Last edited:

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
it makes sense that he would blindfold himself to hone his senses, like kenshi from mortal kombat and jerec from starwars

Reverse Rebirth

***Possible COM spoilers***
Personally i think the only reason the people in DD and ASAS where blindfoalded and hooded was to hide their identity and because they weren't sure what they would look like and would not like to give false images of the characters.....If anyone has seen scenes from COM or played it they would see that only one Unknown actually wore his hood whas the one that lead Sora to the castle, the others had theirs off(I dont blame them...I wouldn't want to wear a hooded trench coat all day....i would want it or atleast the hood off)

Reaver

Your theory about his sence of darkness seems right, good job. But just to throw this out, you cant increase your sences in real life. You would have the same sence capabilities of anyone else even if you were blind. You would only have to rely on them more. Its not like you gain experiance and lvl up your sniffing sence after significant use...

twister28001

I always thought that characters that had blindfolds on were blinded by light. I'm surprised that Ansem isn't wearing a blindfold. His red coat blocks off his face so I can't really tell.

Darknetwork

Riku where's a blind fold to protect himself from the light because he gone blind because of the light. I have a theroy that BHk partners with Mickey and Riku. Since he is perfect light and dark balance it only makes sense that he has a dark partner, Riku and a light partner, Mickey. Why do i say this BHk and Riku are partners. Obviosly they have a connection. Note would you give a keyblade to a complete stranger or enemy? I don't think so! And Riku is partners with Mickey know even if he is running of pure darkness. Dosen't make Riku evil, I might add.

Reverse Rebirth

***Possible COM spoilers***

First off Riku isn't blinded by the light....as Nimine so generously states to Riku in COM....His darkness can lead him through the brightest light meaning he isn't blind aslong as he has his darkness....She also states...if my memory is n e good.....that his light will lead hi mthrough the darkness or something hinting toward it....This means he has to beacome balanced

Second...if you've played or heard what people say about COM you'd hav noticed that Riku has chosen the road to "Twilight"....not darkness....not light....and yet he still hasen't reached his goal making him currently on the road to twilight..

And on the subject of Mikey, Riku, and the BHK teaming up...i agree...but not as light, dark and twilight.....as three beings currently wanking the road to twilight if you understand what i am saying.....BHK, as far as we know was born to twilight since he WAS born in "Twilight Town".....Riku was engulphed in Darkness and has now begun to walk the road of twilight making him "Dark->Twilight"....Mickey began as a form of Light (come on people he's Disney's most important character) and has begun, following Riku, to walk the road of twilight making him "Light->Twilight"

This is mostly theory based on what i remember from when i beat COM and through the game so if anyone has beter information and can prove me wrong be my guest

Cael

Silver Member
Website
tinyurl.com
ASAS and Deep Dive are an early idea of KH2 by Nomura. Many things have changed like that town, Kairi's appearance, the DWU becoming the BHK. And we have no proof that Riku is still wearing the blindfold or his Unknown duds or got new clothes.

Therefore you'll never get you're real answer until Riku is finaly revealed in a scan, interview, or trailer.

Blindfolded_Riku

Re: why does BFU wear a blindfold?

blinded-by-light said:
some ppl have said that he blindfolded himself to better his sense of smell i had also thought about that theory after seeing DD a few times (i didnt put that one cause someone already had) but i didnt think it to be very likely after CoM cause if u read closely and watch the chronological(or however u spell it) order he learns to distinct ppl by the darkness in their hearts through smell after he gains use of dark mode which means him being able to "smell" other ppl has nothing to do with the senses that u and i have but with his attunment with "darkness". so it would not make sense to disable ur sight to increase ur smell when it has nothing to do with actual senses, all that would matter would be the darkness in ur heart

in other words: the only thing that will affect ur dark powers such as for instance "smell", is ur dark power...so for riku to better his dark powers (like smell) he has to better his dark power not worsen his sight oh and i forgot if its true that BHK is a balance between light and dark a PERFECT balance then riku wouldnt be able to smell him cause he'd be neutral wouldnt he? he can only smell the dark or light so BHK wouldnt smell like anything and in DD he has to be able to smell him cause otherwise hes very luky if he jumped right on time and caught oblivion just as BHK threw it (i know they said DD and ASAS werent directly related to KH2 but we first saw BFU in DD so if one of them isnt true then its unlikely that the other is)

(did anyone not get that cause ill re-think it and edit it later if u dont understand i just dont have time right now...well i do i just dont feel like thinking)

anyway post ur theories on the reason for the blindfold but if u agree with what i just said then at least we know one of them isnt true (or at least isnt probable)

Im not going to read it that's too long for me^^ but if you want things explained you might go on the kh2.net mainpage and read the DD analysis or maybe the DD unknowns...no?

Darknetwork

Oh didn't finish yet but i was pretty shore riku was blinded at the end of kh when he opened the door of light. But never mind that i do know that riku chose twilight but what i meant by being dark is that he uses dark power. Not that he is evil or wants to cover the world in heartless or anything i just saying the power he relies on. I didn't go that far on com to see what they said about riku not being blinded by the light. I just w

#12_Larxene

well my firend told me he was blindfolded because he was blinded by the light of Kingdom Hearts im not sure if thats true can u guys help me out by telling me if its false or true thnx

TwilightRiku146

I'm not sure. I suppose he was blind folded because I guess a better training. He does better. OR maybe so the darkness don't recognize him. OR maybe his eyes are messed up.

blinded-by-light

#12_Larxene said:
well my firend told me he was blindfolded because he was blinded by the light of Kingdom Hearts im not sure if thats true can u guys help me out by telling me if its false or true thnx
it cant be true cause in CoM r/r he could see perfectly so wtvr happened, happened between the end of CoM and KH2

moomoomoo

in the school library talking to FBI agents... O_o

O____o rant!

riku is NOT blind! that would seriously suck... blind at age (uhhh...) 16!? sheesh... i say he is training. although its weird to train with a TON of neo-heartless with a blindfold on... >__> thats the only catch... and since the BHK kicks ass, riku must pwn those heartless huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back