• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why Does Atlantica Have No Heartless?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Was Nomura ever asked this? Is there any given reason why Atlantica in KH2 has no heartless or nobodies? I heard a rumour that stated that Atlantica in KH2 is actually a variant of a "sleeping world" and that's why what happened in KH1 didn't seem to have any sort of effect at all. Also, the music is the dream eaters of that world. The rumour states that it also is true because of where Atlantica is located on the world map (near the realm of nothingness). There's also another rumour that the visit to the world in KH2 is completely not canon and actually a "day dream" of Sora's while the gummi ship flies to The World That Never Was. Which of these are true?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Uh none of those rumours make a lick of sense. I doubt any of them are true. KH2 was just meant to be a musical world. That's it

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The reasons Atlantica has no Heartless or other enemies in KH 2 has no official story reason.

The out-of-universe reason is that traditional battles in Atlantica were completely scrapped in favor of making it a Musical world, which was completely a result of Nomura and the dev team listening to the countless fan complaints about the controls in Atlantica in the first game.
So yep, that we got Musical-Atlantica in KH II was because of fans complaining about the version in KH I.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Maybe the Heartless got sick of the swimming controls too.

This is on point. But honestly, I've never heard any of those rumors. Fans widely share the opinion the Atlantica in KH1 was not enjoyable whatsoever, and so they made it into a singalong lol.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Sora sealing the Door to Darkness caused the Heartless problem to become a lot more contained. It's actually good to show that the Heartless didn't come back to every world. In KH1 Sebastian says the Heartless came from Ursula's grotto, so it's likely that once she was revived she didn't bother messing with them or Maleficent again. If she was the source and didn't summon them this time around, then it's not far-fetched that they just didn't bother coming back.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I don't understand the hatred for the Atlantica controls. Anyway, so there was no explanation as to why there were no heartless. That's strange. Anyone have theories?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I don't understand the hatred for the Atlantica controls. Anyway, so there was no explanation as to why there were no heartless. That's strange. Anyone have theories?
Personally, I wasn't too bothered by em until the first Ursala fight, but I figured the majority of the fandom hated it. And it looks like I was right!

Can't really say anyone has a solid theory because that whole world in KHII was pretty much a Big-Lipped Alligator Moment from start to finish. No Heartless anywhere, Ursala's back with no explanation, Sora and co. are singing and dancing while they know that the Organization's kidnapped Kairi... We get no explanation about any of that, not even any hints or clues. So most theories will just be conjecture or speculation.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I actually found the riding the dolphin mini game puzzle to be much more annoying than the general controls.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Honestly, I thought KH2's Atlantica was ten times worse than KH1's Atlantica.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
This right here, along with a couple other reasons, is why I can't honestly rank KH1 as my favorite.

I'm just getting to the end of KH 1 on proud as I play through everything in a row, and I'm sure I'll agree by the time I'm done everything. Atlantica, and especially that puzzle broke me. I was exceptionally annoyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back