• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why Does Atlantica Have No Heartless?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Now this is just hypocrisy at its worst. Flying and swimming in KH1 are EXACTLY the same. So why is it an issue with swimming, but flight is fine? The experience of flying and swimming in KH1 were more or less the same, especially when fighting. That completely baffles me hearing people say that.

I think it's because flying is optional. People don't mind using it in certain areas and can walk regularly in others. Atlantica was swimming all the time.

Personally I swam pretty well and fought just fine, but that doesn't mean I liked it. Plus I'm not going to lie, I just don't like Atlantica. That's probably a bigger reason I don't want it back rather than the controls.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I like flying in KH1 because you had the freedom to use it as you wish, and it could benefit you in battle. The problem with swimming is that you couldn't just stop swimming while in Atlantica, and it constantly restricts your ability to perform the normal combat maneuvers, such as dodge rolling and guarding.

Kaijuguy19

Funny enough I didn't mind the swimming in Atlantica all that much in both games. They take time to get used to sure but it's not like it's very awkward. The one thing that drove me nuts in KH1 however was that the second boss battle with Ursla was too aggravating and too much happening around it for me to have fun with. The problem I had with it is that she doesn't give you time to breath and that she uses a lot of attacks to throw at you and if you're not careful for one minute she gets you. There's a difference between a boss battle that's tough but fun and one that tries your patience way too much and doesn't give you some space to breath and I lost countless minutes trying to make sure I stay alive to finish her off!

While I'm not a fan of the musical element of the world in KH2 the one good thing I will say about it is that the battle with Ursla in that is no where near as frustrating.

lehahiah

It's basically just because of the awful swimming controls in the first game. They slightly fixed them here even though it wasn't really necessary since there are only two rooms, but even so. They could of just left the world out all together, but I think the reason they kept it in is that Nomura has been trying to save many of the worlds for the later games. There are some worlds where they've left the stories unfinished so we can return to them in later games, and some that are just minor like the disney town, or or timeless river.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Now this is just hypocrisy at its worst. Flying and swimming in KH1 are EXACTLY the same. So why is it an issue with swimming, but flight is fine? The experience of flying and swimming in KH1 were more or less the same, especially when fighting. That completely baffles me hearing people say that.
Hypocrisy? This is a dumb thing to argue about. They may feel the same to you, but they're different to me.

I think it's because flying is optional. People don't mind using it in certain areas and can walk regularly in others. Atlantica was swimming all the time.

Personally I swam pretty well and fought just fine, but that doesn't mean I liked it. Plus I'm not going to lie, I just don't like Atlantica. That's probably a bigger reason I don't want it back rather than the controls.
Thank you! You explained this perfectly.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
The Flying in Days was ok iirc. I remember there was something weird with it when it was awkward to activate and deactivate the flying or something to that like.

Neverland flying in KH1 was fine I felt. The phantom fight wasn't really hinder by the flying.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Also, flight in Neverland seems much faster than swimming in Atlantica.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I guess the flying in Days was fine. The only times when it really got to me where when enemies were 50 feet above or below me, or that whole Ruler of the Sky fight. Nasty... but not completely the mechanic's fault either.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I guess the flying in Days was fine. The only times when it really got to me where when enemies were 50 feet above or below me, or that whole Ruler of the Sky fight. Nasty... but not completely the mechanic's fault either.

That boss was almost the gold standard of the days team thinking post KH2 perceived easiness, that the only solution for difficulty levels is by making the enemy HP and defense ungodly huge.

I'll be generous and say that idea isn't going to be remember fondly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back