• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why do you think people rage quit in online games so much?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Honestly I just don‘t get it, what’s the point of rage quitting when playing online games after all it doesn’t achieve anything so why? I don’t really play fighting games but this thought came to me when I was play My Hero One Justice 2 earlier today and lots of people were rage quitting before matches even began, in middle of matches and after they lost matches ( I know rage quitting is a big problem In that particular game to begin with but in ranked matches you don’t lose any points for failing to win a match in fact as long as you 1 of the 3 matches you will get a point) but it’s not just that game I’ve seen it other games as well like Overwatch for example and I’ve heard about rage quitting in so many other online games and honestly I don’t get people thought process when they decide to rage quit. Because if you think about it:

If a game about to begin - what’s the point of quitting before it even begins?

If it’s in a middle of a game - nothing been decided yet the situation may look bad but you could still win the game

If it’s at the end of the game or near the end of the game - If someone played the game to this point and realised there going to lose shouldn’t they just gracefully accept defeat and see it through to the end?

Like I said earlier I honestly just don’t understand why people do it? After all it just a game in the end it’s meant to be just a bit of fun. Anyway what is everyone else’s thoughts on why people rage quit in online games so much? Anyone have any ideas on why?

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I think "rage quitting" has always been a thing though? My little brother was no older than 10 when he was angrily throwing his controller after losing a DBZ fight on the PS2. It's always been a part of gaming culture. The difference now is... everyone else can see it if it's an online game.

In the past, that person would probably rage quit a match on their single player game, angrily starting over from the beginning to get better odds against a non-feeling AI.

Now, that person is yelling at real people on the opposing side.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Sometimes it's very frustrating to be stuck in a match you know you have no chance of winning but is still 5-10 minutes from completion. Or in the case of SSB, online lag is so bad a 2-minute match becomes 10. Like you just wanna get out of there & not waste your time on a lost cause.

Soldier

Awards
A lot of it can be chalked up to some people being sore losers. I can't tell you how many times an online match with someone in Pokemon Sword version would just end because they disconnected. Unless there's a penalty in place that discourages that sort of behavior, people will do it, and they'll do it often, with little to no hesitation in some cases.

Though none of you have to worry about that if going against me in an online match, I have more honor than (insert name of sore loser 11 year old down the street) and know when a match is finished.

AegisXIII

Awards
When you are online, all you see is how crazy more advanced other players are and you feel you will never be able to catch up. I've had this feeling in Union Cross. XD

Smithee

Awards
It's even become Snoop Dogg's latest meme:

Awards
Dark Souls will teach you all about rage quitting lol

iu

Last edited:

cakito123

Awards
People get heated and stresed - that's when the rage is introduced. Then all they need is the will to close the game and stop stressing. That's all...

I don't understand much. I usually don't get so frustrated plyaing a game to the point of rage quitting... Sometimes a match can get tiresome if your level is too low compared to an opponent, but in some game like Vallorant you have the option to surrender, which fixes most of this tiresome time playing a match you are just not having fun. Wish more game had this too

Awards
Yeah Dark Souls is definitely a game that I’m never trying considering I heard just how difficult it is and I could imagine myself turning of the game after 5 minutes and never touching it again lol
My first was Bloodborne. I bought it when it came out. I played it for like 2 hours and never got to the first boss or down the first street. I put it away for like a year. Tried it again then sold it. Ended up buying it again a few years later. Rage quit for the same reasons and sold it. Then I bought it again (I know I'm an idiot), and I put all my effort into it and got to the first boss. Now I've platinumed that one and Demon Souls. I've played Dark Souls 1-3 multiple times with the DLCS. The only one I can't beat but I can get to the end is Sekiro. I just haven't had the strength to go back and try again.

It's very doable it just requires that you relearn how you play games. It's absolute survival. Not like Silent Hill and Resident Evil (both of which I love). It's "we are gonna throw you into this and you're gonna have to figure it out completely on your own." But once it clicks, it's doable.

Back