• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why do you think people post fake spoilers?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

robotman

From the beginning of this year we've seen lots of supposed leaks, one has been right (the Monsters Inc leak) but there has been so many since then that have been leaked and lots of them are false.

Why do you think people make up fake leaks? Do you think it's as simple as them just wanting attention or do you think there's another motive behind it?

Personally, I just don't get why people do it, I just think it's plain stupid and inane lol.

TheMostRad

ALL THEORIES AND NO GAME MAKE FANS GO CRAZY ​ALL THEORIES AND NO GAME MAKE FANS GO CRAZY ​ALL THEORIES AND NO GAME MAKE FANS GO CRAZY ​ALL THEORIES AND NO GAME MAKE FANS GO CRAZY ​ALL THEORIES AND NO GAME MAKE FANS GO CRAZY ​ALL THEORIES AND NO GAME MAKE FANS GO CRAZY ​ALL THEORIES AND NO GAME MAKE FANS GO CRAZY ​ALL THEORIES AND NO GAME MAKE FANS GO CRAZY

I mean, I don't know man, y'know, all theories and no game make fans something something.

okhi12

Awards
To feed their hunger for recognition, especially if their predictions disguised as leaks become true, so they can presume.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
ALL THEORIES AND NO GAME MAKE FANS GO CRAZY

They want to totally own us lamers.
Haha, both of these posts are great.

I personally don't mind if people want to make things up in the context of a forum where it's obviously just another way of generating discussion and keeping people engaged. At the worst it's an irritant but most of the time it just becomes absorbed into the community as an inside joke of sorts, like we've seen recently. I do wish people would be a little more creative though: like if you're gonna fake a leak, you really oughta commit. I remember when it wasn't clear whether the Monsters, Inc. leaks were real and people were marveling at the amount of dedication it would have taken to fake something like that.

Anyway, as long as it's no more than a harmless prank, I don't really see the problem. We could all use some lightening up now and again.

Self-described news sites and the like perpetuating their own false headlines and stories as clickbait are another story. That's just scummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back